JTI - Japan Tobacco International Employee Reviews about "decision making"

Updated 11 Jan 2021

4.2
JTI - Japan Tobacco International President and Chief Executive Officer  Eddy Pirard
Eddy Pirard
Pros
  • "comfortable working environment and social benefits(in 39 reviews)

• "Competitive C&B package, work-life balance(in 32 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Many policies and procedures, Many levels of decision making(in 21 reviews)

• "hard to say, maybe the senior management is not really up to date with real life challenges(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "decision making"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great company to work for

11 Jan 2021 - Finance Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoyed work at JTI for many years. Company takes care of the employees.

Cons

Some formal processes might slow down the decision making

JTI - Japan Tobacco International Response

Social Community Manager

Hi, thank you for the taking the time to write your review we really appreciate all of the feedback. Firstly, we’re glad to hear you enjoyed your time at JTI and have such positive things to say. Secondly, thank you for the constructive feedback on how we can improve as a company. We always strive to do the best for our people, so all feedback is always welcome and fed back into the relevant teams. We wish you all the best for the future and thank you for making such an impact to your team.

2. 5.0

Good company

7 Nov 2020 - Administrative Manager in Moscow
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leader of the Market, has good approach towards People, high standards of work

Cons

Many policies and procedures, Many levels of decision making

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company for career development

14 Jul 2020 - Brand Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

C&B package, one team spirit, career opportunities

Cons

slow decision making, too vertical structure

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company to work

29 Apr 2020 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people, great culture, support of your personal growth, good work/life balance, various international assignments and job opportunities

Cons

Still a bit conservative in decision making, in some locations and/or functions very limited opportunities to climb up the ladder

5. 5.0

Good working environment

15 Oct 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Positive team thanks to a very robust employees base. Very competitive salary / benefits. outstanding office and related facilities

Cons

Slow decision making process. All the rest looks ok

6. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 3 years

A Great Place to Work - 3 roles in 3 years

11 Aug 2016 - Anonymous Contractor
      Business Outlook

Pros

I can only say good things about my experience at JTI. Over the course of 3 years, I have held three different roles with increasing responsibility: The first role HQ in Geneva, then for a Global Division and now working for Corporate. Throughout this experience I've worked and learned from great people, developed many technical and soft skills and gained invaluable global work experience. Last year alone I was offered 5 classroom trainings and get month online trainings and webinars. I can really say that JTI has helped me to develop as a professional and my managers have trusted me and helped me grow. Working with so many cultures and so many nationalities makes it fun and challenging. Have had the opportunity to travel to many markets including Asia and all over Europe to facilitate workshops and deliver trainings. If you are looking for an international career in a company that puts a lot of emphasis on employees and their wellbeing, this is really the right company to work for.

Cons

Decision making is sometimes a bit slow but this is just perhaps due to the size of the company.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

A great company to develop within

15 Jul 2016 - Human Resources Communications Content Manager in Weybridge, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

JTI is definitely a great company to grow and develop within. When I first joined in 2011, I had no real idea of my career path, so a role on reception seemed like the ideal start to help me understand more about the functions within a multinational company and potential future career opportunities. There are many secondment and assignment opportunities (domestic and international) helping you to get a better understanding of various functions and roles within them. After 2.5 years and 3 different roles, I was promoted to a management role within a global function reporting into HQ, but still based in the UK. It is interesting to work in virtual mode, but something I greatly appreciate because it means I haven’t had to relocate to a new country, although this is something that is very much possible, should you wish, and I have seen many colleagues do. There are great options to attend training courses and conferences to help with your professional development. These can be directly related to your role, but also something that would help increase your knowledge, but not necessarily directly impact what you are doing. This approach is ideal because you feel like it is not just about what is good for the company in terms of having employees with improved skills and knowledge to aid the business, but also to aid the employee as an individual and the investment that are making in you personally. It is also a great bonus that we are actively encouraged to participate in volunteering opportunities within the local community, all organised by the company. Not only is this an incredibly rewarding thing to do, but it is great for personal development and expanding your experiences – something I have really appreciated. My personal feeling about the company as a whole from all I have seen and experienced over the past 5+ years is that employees really matter and you are part of one big family. And this is clearly evident by the fact that so many employees stay with the company for years! At the last few long-service awards, I have been amazed (but not surprised) at how many employees had been there for 15+ years, with some even reaching 35 years! I think that speaks for itself!

Cons

The decision-making process can be a little slow sometimes and convoluted processes can lead to some frustration, however, this is not uncommon in multinational companies.

14 people found this review helpful
    8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Make JTI great again

13 Jan 2018 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Diverse and interesting environment with people from many cultures and nationalities. Good office locations and the opportunity to travel and work abroad for those willing and able to do so. Big Company benefits. CEO very capable and looking to make real changes.

Cons

Bureaucracy. Endless policies and procedures that lead to slow decision making and over-consultation. Many policies are used selectively and therefore are effectively meaningless. Company calls for people to be ‘Open’ and ‘Challenging’ but in reality discourages frank feedback on critical strategic shortcomings.

2 people found this review helpful

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Geneva HQ review

12 Dec 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Long term oriented company, investing in people. Not many companies left are like this. This is refreshing compared to US listed companies, which are unable to see farther than the end of the next quarter, despite claiming they are strategic

Cons

at times the decision making process could be quite slow because of the compromise culture and the highly centralized organization and decision power

Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Reviews