Jaggaer Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 15 Jan 2020

2.9
Jaggaer CEO Jim Bureau (no image)
Jim Bureau
Pros
  • "The executive team has finally realized the dream that the founders of SciQuest envisioned years ago: the development of a global company(in 32 reviews)

• "UK office is lovely with supportive top management and great work life balance(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • "Since the switch from SciQuest to Jaggaer things have gone completely downhill(in 35 reviews)

• "After being acquired by AKKR, there have been well over 240 people "let go" since mid to end of Sept this year including the entire executive team(in 11 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Challenging environment with many opportunities!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Jaggaer full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ever so changing environment with many challenges but in a positive way! Great vision for 2020 and also next few years where the main focus will be on growth so its exciting time to join Jagger. UK office is lovely with supportive top management and great work life balance.

Cons

sometimes too many changes at once but if you like a challenge you will thrive in this type of environment

"Untrustworthy management, downward spiral"

1.0
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Jaggaer full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Hard to find much that is good or better with JAGGAER then it was in the past. I still get paid so that’s good. An occasional free hotdog or pizza lunch maybe.

Cons

Management continues to tell the employees lies even when it is clear that they are lying. Mass layoffs, continuing individual layoffs, removal of existing benefits, low morale, no work life balance, the list goes on and on. Even as they lay off people that are good workers and have no warning they continue to tell the remaining employees that these employees were doing poorly and were warned to improve. We work day in and day out with these people, we would be the first to know if they were poor performers. Why the lies? The remaining people are hoping that the company sells soon to a buyer that actually cares about the employees while there is still something left to save. I would stay far away if you have any other opportunities for a paycheck.

"spinning wheels"

Former Employee - Professional Services in Durham, NC

I worked at Jaggaer full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There used to be great people there, and the work/life balance was great for a long time too. Now, we've been trying to "do more with less" for so long there's more work to do than can reasonably be done.

Cons

Lots of people are leaving (rats off a sinking ship) and no back filling is in sight. Morale is low and there few signs of improvement.

Continue reading
  4. "Still a great place to work..."

5.0
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Jaggaer full-time for more than a year

Pros

JAGGAER is extremely supportive and encourages feedback from the account reps on what works best. They're listening and willing to make adjustments in the business to ensure success for JAGGAER and our Clients! Compensation is fair and management supports a work/life balance!

Cons

I believe there needs to be stronger onboarding process for new hires to help embrace our solutions and the culture.

"Not as advertised."

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Morrisville, NC
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Jaggaer full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good salary, free soda and coffee, decent benefits package, smart co-workers.

Cons

Too many to list. The culture and morale of this decades-old company at absolute rock bottom and worst I've ever encountered. The recent 2016 acquisition left this place reeling. Negative Glassdoor reviews are spot on. I've never witnessed corporate blight at this scale post 2008. Droves of empty cubes and long faces. Perpetual atmosphere of aggression, sadness, despair. Go elsewhere if you are a career coder, developer, or engineer. Company is scrambling to integrate products that might be older than some of you in the workforce. Tremendous knowledge gaps left by previous workforce. Total react. Steep learning curve to an endlessly complex convoluted infrastructure. Stodgy aloof veterans guard the gates and hold the keys. Zero work-life balance. Remaining workforce trimmed next-to-nothing. Remaining crew expected to be available on call online 24/7/365. Work from home policy being taken away. Atrocious management of resources. Non-existent processes. HR won't save you. Get everything in writing. Bottom line: Bought and sold good ol' boy club. Plenty of fancy BMW's lined up outside, big egos inside. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy. Stay far, far away.

Continue reading

"No longer the company I signed up for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Jaggaer full-time for more than a year

Pros

Had nice and competent people to work with, work life balance and flexible work schedule with one day a week we could work from home.

Cons

Taking care of the employees was never a priority for the previous or the current SciQuest CEO; lack of transparency between company's vision, customers' requirements and development teams; very limited opportunity to grow at SciQuest; hence, the turn over rate has been high. Accel-KKR acquired SciQuest on 07/28/2016. Two months later, the former CEO took a $2.7+ million package and left, along with the whole executive team. A new "leadership" team appointed by AKKR took over immediately, so did the layoff start. The new executive team certainly has good records - to AKKR and their investors, as they had successfully flipped the companies for AKKR. For instance, the new CTO never spent more than 2.5 yrs on a company after his own company was acquired by AKKR. Hard to imagine he'll spend more time here in his rental apartment to build teams and products at SciQuest to last. To the new team, people at SciQuest are merely numbers on their balance sheet. Layoffs started quietly yet all we got from the new CEO was "I am confused by your org chart ... I am confused by your products ... go back to work, and work hard". The culture wasn't great before, but at least it was not insulting. SciQuest is no longer the company I signed up for. In my opinion, it's just a matter of time before AKKR cut the numbers of employees, or in their mind, the cost, to a level they can maximize their profits, then give a face lift of the current products, and sell SciQuest ASAP. That's a legit business plan for investors, unfortunately, not for employees at SciQuest.

October 25, 2016Director, Human Resources

We couldn’t agree more that the competent and talented team of employees at SciQuest is one of the key strengths of the company, and we believe it’s why we have a very bright future ahead of us. We are focused on helping SciQuest reach its potential in becoming the leading procure-to-pay software provider in the world. That’s been our stated vision from day one, and we have received positive feedback from many of our employees, customers and analysts. The path to becoming the clear market leader includes making some tough changes that not everyone will agree with. As you stated, the new executive team has an excellent track record of transforming businesses to create positive growth. We believe that the changes we are making today will be better for our customers and our employees in the long run.

"Okay company"

I worked at Jaggaer

Pros

Hard-working, professional employees. Good PTO and okay benefits.

Cons

Not very employee-oriented. Culture was rather dry with no daily perks that excites one to want to go to work each day. Also, on-call shifts aren't pleasant to family/work life balance.

October 13, 2016Director, Human Resources

Thanks for your feedback. We think the opportunity to collaborate with hard-working professional co-workers is one of the best reasons to come to work every day. Our new leadership team is committed to helping this company succeed, and we think that will be exciting for everyone here.

"Happy Here"

4.0

I have been working at Jaggaer full-time

Pros

Great work-life balance, lots of perks, friendly place.

Cons

Some older legacy software, pay okay but not super

August 5, 2016Director, Human Resources

Thanks for your review! We work hard to provide work-life balance and a friendly environment. Thanks for being an important part of our team!

"Working at SciQuest"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Jaggaer for more than a year

Pros

Work/life balance is important but often abused leaving others holding the bag.

Cons

HR holds an iron fist over the entire organization. It's far more important to be political than talented. The place has a revolving door that spins at a blurring rate.

May 2, 2016Director, Human Resources

Feedback is an important part of our culture at SciQuest. It helps foster continuous improvement – which we are all about. Healthy work-life balance, smart and dedicated team members and their willingness to help others is consistent feedback we hear from our employees through formal and informal feedback tools. We listen carefully to all employee feedback, even when not everyone agrees, so we can learn from it and take action. Employee feedback has contributed to new programs including remote work arrangements, enhanced onboarding, community volunteer opportunities, career progression and on-going feedback focused on development to help ensure we retain high our performing team members. We invest in leadership development for our managers, who help drive a culture of accountability and continuous on-the-job learning for professional growth.

"Interesting.... Someone's "fudging" these reviews...."

1.0
    Project Manager in Edmonton, AB

I worked at Jaggaer for less than a year

Pros

Some great employees. It's "a job" in hard economic times.

Cons

Being a pm I dealt with people from all departments. I still keep in touch so I know that little has changed. I'm certain HR is aware of Glassdoor & has been making false claims on here as no one below the director level has any confidence with regards to the CEO and the company. The work/life balance does not exist for the working folk. Benefits are ok at best, the pay is brutal. Responsibility/accountability flows downhill: the lowest person on the totem pole gets the blame.

June 10, 2016Director, Human Resources

We’re sorry to hear that you had a negative experience at our Edmonton office. Our commitment to accountability at all levels and to protecting work/life balance for our employees should apply no matter where you are physically located. We value all the feedback we receive here on Glassdoor – both positive and negative. Thank you for helping us continue to make SciQuest a better place to work.

Found 30 reviews