Jenny Craig Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated 22 July 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It is also satisfying to be in a job where your goal is helping people be healthy and lose weight (in 104 reviews)

• Literally see people change their lives in front of your eyes and have the oppertunity to train your team to guide their members to get to their goals (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • Micro managing from upper management (in 46 reviews)

• There is not a lot of room for growth and advancement in the company, not very many promotions available, great for experience (in 16 reviews)

"Center Director"

Former Employee - Program Consultant and Center Director in Plano, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Program Consultant and Center Director in Plano, TX (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with the public. Helping people to lose weight and feel good about themselves no matter how they did that week.

Cons

Corporate turning everything into a metric. Feeling stressed if your team wasn't meeting it. Turning people into numbers instead of feelings. I actually gained weight due to the stress!

Advice to Management

Be more encouraging to your center directors. Offer more training. Especially when asked for help.

14 Jul 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Accountability is a Company Value. We have to hold ourselves accountable to ensure that we are meeting our business objectives, just as we help hold our clients accountable to their weight loss... More

"Weight loss consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Its not a physically demanding job. We actually get to help people lose weight. The scheduling is not bad vs working a late shift job.

Cons

I'm not sure where all these good reviews are coming from. Maybe they are from new employees, but I have been with Jenny Craig for many years and this company and spiral down. We are waiting to be sold to another company, but to make us look "healthy" they are cutting down hours like nothing. Many full time consultants are struggling to even get 20 hours a week. People are forced to leave because the CPH is not enough. It varies each week and you will always have uncertainty. I have to worry if I will be able to support myself every pay check. They raised our salary in the company, but what did they do? They cut our hours. Every single Center Director in our market had enough with Jenny Craig. They are forced to work almost every single day because the consultants aren't allowed to work. Center Directors are paid salary, so it doesnt matter if they worked every day of the week, which some actually do. Check our market, we dont even have a CD for one center and then our other center is only ran by one person.

Advice to Management

Consistency of people, scheduling, goals, compensation, prices, delivery.
    AND not having slow computers! The computers are made from the 90s. I swear its still on dial up.

7 Jul 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

I'm sorry that you are not enjoying your time with Jenny Craig. We are focused on building the business for the future of our employees and our clients. Staffing appropriately to ensure that there... More

3. "Health and Wellness Consultant"

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Steady hours, consistent pay, clean quiet environment

Cons

understaffed, required to work every weekend (Saturday and Sunday)

15 May 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and input.

"Centre Director"

Former Employee - Centre Director in San Diego, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Centre Director in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The relationships that are made with your team and the clients are positive and life changing.

Cons

Bonus compensation reduced to such a minimum that there is no incentive to work harder to reach monthly quotas. It is required to work weekends and overtime when necessary without pay. Employee review's and raises are not consistent and I personally had to wait two (2) years for a review and pay increase. The upper management team has changed many times over. The room for growth within the company is based upon not performance but on another level of political hierarchy. If you are the educated and experienced, you will be left hanging if your not with in the rankings of the people who have the power to promote. They will hire someone less experienced that does not possess the expertise and capabilities to efficiently support the Centre Directors.

Advice to Management

Communicate and be forthright with the underlings who work very hard to produce your bottom line. The company mission statement is invalid and untrue. When you continue to "Slice and Dice" your ideas and re-create the wheel, it's a reflection that what your trying to "Change" creates frustration within the Employee work wall. Thus, you wind up losing your highest achievers.

14 Jul 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

I'm sorry to read of your poor review and negative experience. Approximately 95% of our Senior Field Leaders have been promoted from consultants to store managers and up into regional roles. This... More

"ROM"

Current Employee - Rom in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Rom in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Jenny Craig is a great company to work with. The commitment to health & wellness and passion for people attract an energetic, compassionate workforce. Many of the employees at Jenny Craig have been with the organization for 5-10-15 years. With all this seniority it is great to become a new employee as the more tenured staff are very supportive; they are great at sharing information and helping to train and make their new peers successful. Jenny Craig employees are members of their communities and their clients know and trust them with their personal struggles. Additional pros included newly revised competitive compensation and the ability to be personally developed and move into management in a relatively short period of time.

Cons

While the operating are good it does require a flexible schedule in order to support the small team. No different than being in any other retail location.

25 Apr 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for the review. We do have a lot of employees with significant years of experience (who love getting those Tiffany's gifts on the 5 year anniversaries)! Flexibility in scheduling to meet the... More

"Helping clients"

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

Working with clients on their weight-loss journey watching them achieve their goals .

Cons

When we were out of certain foods for months telling a clients that they are coming back but have no idea as to when . very frustrating

Advice to Management

Having posters when we are out of certain foods Letting our clients Know how long they will be out of stock..

25 Apr 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for the good idea. I will pass this along to the Operations team. If you are not already on Monty's Facebook page, I would also encourage you to join it. He has given some food updates on... More

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

Clients, clients, clients is what makes this job so benificial and is the reason consultants stay!!

Cons

Very high monthly quotas, low pay consultants who have been there more then ten years are getting paid less then $30,000 a year and can't afford mortgages and food. Discussting.

Advice to Management

Close centres down if you can't afford to keep your staff quit while Jenny Craig still has a name for herself don't ruin it anymore. Treat staff better stop making them call 100 people a day it doesn't work and that's why clients don't come back from harassment.

9. "Good Company"

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

They raised the pay and since then we have bonused

Cons

management should help out more often

"So far a really good job.."

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Carlsbad, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Carlsbad, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

The work is rewarding and the people are great. Honestly, all of my coworkers are amazing and friendly. And the supervisors are wonderful. They're supportive and understanding and helpful. It's been a really great atmosphere. Pay is really good. Hard to find jobs that actually pay you for what you do and Jenny Craig does just that. Very reasonable compensation. Realistic sales goals and lots of guidance if not feeling confident with the goals. Great recognition system and great perks! Employees have been there 10+ years and that's something you don't see too often anymore. Encouraging to see that.

Cons

Honestly it can be a bit boring. We're supposed to be in our busiest time right now, but it sure doesn't seem like that to me. Maybe it's just because I come from a job where there was literally a queue of calls coming in and numbers going into the red and I assumed their busy time would be like that. However it's just a steady stream and still down time in between. That might be great for some but it causes a bit of boredom for me. A little scared of what "slow" will look like. But if that's honestly the only complaint I can think of then I feel the company is doing just fine!

Advice to Management

Honestly, management is great. Supportive, helpful, and encouraging. Also very friendly and hands on. No complaints.

20 Apr 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your great feedback. Don't worry, "slow times" (non diet season) are busy too! Feel free to talk to your HR partner or your supervisor for more details.

"JCC"

Current Employee - Product Consultant
    Current Employee - Product Consultant

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Helping People reach there Goals. I work at a great centre with awesome Coworkers and Manager.

Cons

A lot of changes with schedule. Phone ringing off hook and people coming in we can't help because nobody around to help. The new pilot they are runnning is horrible for older clients. They tell you it's your skill that gets them on full menu when reality it's the type of client your seeing. I've been here 13 years and it's the first time I can say I am only there for the love of my coworkers and manager. Consulting used to be so much easier now all I worry about is the Blue Basket Report thrown in my face.

Advice to Management

I understand about saving money where you can but we need more help. Think about hiring receptionist to answer phones help people when walking in. We unfortunately are telling clients if not doing full menu we can't help them. They may spend 800 month but don't buy snacks makes them Uncompliant. Upper management tells us we need to train better for blue basket scores and they themselves don't know how to even schedule a appointment😡 FYI clients are noticing the decline in customer service.

15 May 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your tenure and your input is valuable. The receptionist idea is an interesting one (similar to the CSCs we had in years past) and I will share this idea the Operations leadership team... More