Jive Software Employee Reviews about "high turnover"

Updated 1 May 2017

3.3
Jive Software CEO  Scott Brighton (no image)
Scott Brighton
Pros
  • "Great People and atmosphere before it acquired(in 28 reviews)

• "Great company, fabulous people, some great friendships(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long days, little work life balance(in 10 reviews)

• "Incredibly high turnover due to management not listening to talented employees(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "high turnover"

Return to all Reviews

"Looking for growth? Look elsewhere!"

1.0

I have been working at Jive Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not many I can think of at the moment.

Cons

Along with the layoffs last year, came increased responsibility without an increase to titles or pay. High turnover with management opportunities given to those who've been at the company longer, but not necessarily ones with leadership skills. Bandaid solutions often provided in lieu of foundational fixes.

"Swings and Roundabouts"

Sales Development Representative in Reading, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Jive Software for less than a year

Pros

The majority of people give the place a good culture.

Cons

Strategy unclear. Some of the management in the UK are bullies. High turnover.

"Toxic Environment"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Jive Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Technology is very cool and trendy.

Cons

Very narrow addressable market with a "nice to have" product. Dominated by O365, Google, and other players that have wider value prop. Absolutely Toxic working environment. Incredibly high turnover due to management not listening to talented employees. Invisible decision making, extremely isolated and uninformed management.

Continue reading

"A once great company with a lot of problems"

2.0

I worked at Jive Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- The people are kind, hard working, and smart. I truly had fun with the vast majority of my co-workers, and learned more at Jive than any other company I have worked at. - Internal and external stakeholders generally agree the Jive product is the best on the market. When you leave the company, the first thing you will miss is the ease in which the Jive intranet allows you to communicate and collaborate with folks across the company, and throughout different locations, roles and departments. - Super happy customers who love the products. -The true culture of Jive is that of hardworking GNAK's, who take joy in helping each other and the company succeed.

Cons

It's quite sad for me to write this as I love the heart of the company and what it stands for, but over the years the negatives have become too much to bear for most. The results have been an incredibly high turnover rate (with a ton of disengaged employees that continue to stick around), plummeting stock prices, and recent layoffs. There are a few factors that sparked the decline of the company, including mounting market pressure, but most are sadly caused by a leadership team who can't pick a direction and execute. To be fair, Jive has always struggled with poor leadership at all levels for years, but it's really reached a fever pitch in the past couple of years. Though passionate, leadership just doesn't understand how Jive fits into a market of giants like Microsoft and IBM. There is absolutely no work/life balance at Jive as the pressure to perform is intense. With a firehose of shifting priorities constantly pointed at everyone, a HIGH rate of both new and old employees alike burned out and moved on. I've never seen so many people leave a company that had either been there for 5+ years (meaning they were dedicated), or under a year (meaning they became disenchanted fast). Before I left, I slowly watched previously highly motivated co-workers become stressed from the pressure and sheer volume of workload. Sadly, the hardest working Jivers were usually the ones overlooked for recognition.

5. "Good Company"

4.0
    Sales Operations Analyst in Portland, OR

I have been working at Jive Software for more than a year

Pros

A lot of freedom, smart people, wonderful benefits and the office is a lot of fun

Cons

Pretty disorganized, frequent changes makes things hectic and leaves people frustrated. It is the largest reason for the high turnover.

"Overall great place with some unpleasant people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Jive Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place overall, collaborative, open environment, overall transparent management team. The culture is valued tremendously and the majority of the people who work there really believe in solving problems together (no typical blame game). Since Jive is still small there is less of a political gaming going on.

Cons

High turnover (higher than other companies) but not always because of the salary or workload. Some people in the management (middle management) are extremely unpleasant to work for, so if you interview there you will really need to vet out your management team for yourself. If you can't see yourself get along long term with someone, don't take a job. Watch out for overly "professional appearance" in the management team (that's a game face which doesn't represent the person otherwise".

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews