Kerry Foods Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 10 Apr 2020

3.3
Kerry Foods CEO Duncan Everett
Duncan Everett
Cons

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "."

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Cork

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time

Pros

Health benefits, travel, team work, fast moving, opportunities

Cons

work life balance and more

July 2, 2020

Hi there, many thanks for taking time to leave us a review and for your honest feedback. Wishing you all the best in your future career.

2. "Kerry Foods Rollover Hotdogs"

5.0
    Current Employee - National Field Sales Manager in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time for less than a year

Pros

Been here 6 months, great staff, amazing products! Both Kerry Foods & Rollover welcome was first class. Huge focus on development & culture. Proud to be part of Rollovers progressive journey in hot food to go. Office is modern with prominent branding on nearly every wall. Entrepreneurial leadership from both directors of the Rollover business, really giving freedom for wider team to try new ideas and to make a difference. Great work life balance, pleasure to work for Kerry/Rollover.

Cons

None that I can think of

April 6, 2020

Thank you for your feedback, we're glad to have you on board and wish you all the best in your career with us.

3. "Your face needs to fit to get anywhere"

Former Employee - Agency Manager in Egham, England

I worked at Kerry Foods full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people at NAM level are absolutely fantastic.

Cons

Work life balance wasn't anything to be proud of. Most colleagues would stay well past any form of normal hours. Certain management didn't appear to know what was going on.

April 6, 2020

Thank you for your taking the time to write us a review, your feedback helps us get better. Wishing you all the best.

"Great company, great people!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Lead

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic on-boarding experience Amazing & friendly people In depth training Lots of opportunity Work life balance/flexibility

Cons

Fortunately, I don't have any at the moment

April 6, 2020

Thank you for your feedback, it's great to have you part of the Kerry family! it is good to hear you highlight our on-boarding process and we will share your feedback with our HR teams.

5. "Great Company where you learn loads"

I worked at Kerry Foods full-time

Pros

Very entrepreneurial, lots of responsibility, huge scope to the role, can do attitude

Cons

Under resourced, lack of work life balance, everyone cut out of the same cloth, they have little loyalty

July 2, 2020

Hello, many thanks for spending the time to write us a review. We really value all of your feedback and will pass it on to the appropriate people

6. "Massive Group Small Company Feel"

Current Employee - Finance Manager

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time for less than a year

Pros

Values, people, environment, challenging, work/life balance

Cons

change, centralisation, disconnect with wider Kerry Group

April 6, 2020

Thanks for sharing your review with us, it's great to hear you find Kerry Foods a good place to work! We hope this continues. If you would like to raise any concerns, please get in touch with HR or your line manager.

"Commercial. Pacey. Emotional."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naas

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great place to work if you give it your all and are committed. People engagement and team spirit is really high. The pace of innovation with regards products and brands is very exciting and it still makes you feel proud to be Irish and work for an Irish company - such a success story. In general, the people you work alongside makes it really special to work here on a daily basis. Work life balance can be tough in any FMCG but it is recognised here and there is flexibility with an awareness you need to look after yourself.

Cons

Career development is limited. Reward is not competitive.

October 11, 2018Resourcing Lead

Hi there, thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review and for all of your honest feedback. We agree that Kerry Foods is a pacey business, with people at it's heart. Many thanks for all of your hard work so far and wishing you a very successful future career with us.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time

Pros

Faced pace environment & no two days are the same Great opportunity to get involved in projects outside of the day job Great initiatives such as We Are Kerry Foods Day & Special Olympics events create a great atmosphere in the office & shows they are a company that cares about their employees and communities

Cons

Too busy with the day job to get involved in volunteering opportunities Work/life balance isn't always great

August 17, 2018Resourcing Lead

Hello, many thanks for taking the time to write us a review and for your honest feedback. Wishing you the very best for the second half of 2018!

"It's a good first 'proper job'"

Current Employee - Lab Technician
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to develop skills using various software and performing various laboratory tests (if you work in QC or Micro). Lower management are very understanding, friendly and most of them care about their staff. Agency workers' hard work is recognized by offering them company contracts. Annual leave and sick pay very good. Potential for good benefits if you are willing to sacrifice your work-life balance.

Cons

Pay is very, very poor for Lab Technicians (thousands per year below the sector average in my area and we are paid less than the unskilled factory laborers with no qualifications). Always short staffed and very poor training. Expectations from upper management are extremely unrealistic- they want all the work done, everything sparkling clean and 'my success' goals completed but don't want to pay overtime or hire the necessary number of staff to cover the basic work. Also poor security as nearly everyone is on a perpetually rolling 'temporary' contract for 3 months at a time which just gets renewed over and over.

Continue reading
  10. "Great company that lives the values, supports personal development & delivers growth"

Current Employee - Category Lead in Egham, England

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Excellent people culture & values that are lived & breathed 2. Focus on individual's own development needs, with a personal positive experience of being developed/promoted by the business 3. True ownership to drive the business as if it was your own

Cons

Passion, culture & ownership sometimes mean its easy to forget work/life balance, but flexible approach to working adopted to support

March 23, 2018

Hi, thanks for taking the time for writing a review and for giving us 5 stars! It's great to see that you enjoy working for us so much and thank you for all of your hard work.

Found 11 reviews