Find jobs for Software Engineer

King Abdullah University of Science and Technology Software Engineer Reviews

Updated 21 Oct 2015

1. "good company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Thuwal

Pros

it is a good company to work for, has full amenities etc..

Cons

located very far from Jeddah, hard to travel so much every day

Continue reading

"Great work/life balance. Great employment opportunity for young families."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Thuwal

I have been working at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The compound is fantastic for raising young children below 10 years old and especially for 0-5 years old. I would recommend for these families in a heartbeat. You turn expensive years into money saving years but simulateously add quality to your life by eliminating commute and tasks such as cleaning, gardening .... I easily spent 3 hours a day playing with my children (<1 and 2 years old), had a decent job and saved decent money.

Cons

There is a bit of a negative attitude on the compound, some warranted by the institution some unjustified. Related to this, there is a true dichotomy of KAUST citizens those who love and those who hate it. This is not a great place for young couples not planning on having children and a terrible place for singles. Institution is not really conducive to long term -non academic- employment. If you are a researcher perhaps this is a different story.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 2 reviews