King Kong Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

King Kong Reviews

Updated Dec 9, 2019

4.7
Pros
Cons
  • "There are no negative aspects that i can think of at King Kong(in 7 reviews)

• "The day to day environment is fast-paced(in 6 reviews)

1. "Fantastic place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Conversion Rate Optimization Specialist in Melbourne

I have been working at King Kong full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast paced environment 100% Transparent about the numbers Results that genuinely help clients Ability to up skill in many different areas Great culture and team focus Knowledgable team with incredible talent You can be 100% honest if you're 100% accountable

Cons

Fast paced environment (Works both ways) Only two ping pong tables (and everyone is good at ping pong) Work life Balance can be tricky

Advice to Management

Nothing I haven't already been able to say to their faces.

King Kong2019-12-10
  2. "Just do it!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Yarra

I have been working at King Kong full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing company culture, friendly and welcoming team. Lots of perks for employees including regular activities, birthday cakes (sometimes birthday fried chicken) and a beautiful and modern working space.

Cons

It can be hard work and fast paced, but the team is very supportive and will always be willing to help out when you need it.

Advice to Management

Keep looking at all the benefits and ways to keep the team motivated!

King Kong2019-12-09
  3. "Be wary of joining the jungle"

Former Employee - Specialist

I worked at King Kong full-time

Pros

Lots of opportunity to learn.

Cons

I witnessed a lot of bullying from senior management. It’s a cut throat environment. Very inflexible workplace. It felt almost like a cult. It was a toxic workplace when I was there and am glad to be out. You’ll notice the only people who have been there for long are management or sales. Everyone else tries to leave pretty quick.

Advice to Management

Treating people like they are worthless isn’t sustainable. I know so many people have left this place since I have because it’s a very unforgiving and thankless workplace. They underpay staff and bully people but claim they have a great company culture because there’s a ping pong table and they take you out of the office once every month to play some games.

King Kong2019-11-16
  4. "Rewarding, Full Of Growth Potential & Personal Development"

Current Employee - Paid Social Specialist in South Yarra

I have been working at King Kong full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's been an amazing experience working here. Never a dull day in King Kong. The Culture is what sets this company apart. We are never micro-managed and are responsible for getting our work done while enjoying the social aspect of the role. Personal development is a high priority so we get 30 minutes a day to work on anything we choose.

Cons

Growing agency life means the workload is full on. But in saying that, it makes every day interesting and challenging which is never a bad thing.

King Kong2019-05-24
  5. "Top digital agency that actually cares"

Current Employee - SEO Specialist in Melbourne

I have been working at King Kong full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive management and coworkers. Excellent culture

Cons

The day to day environment is fast-paced

6. "BEST COMPANY EVER!"

Current Employee - Digital Strategist in Melbourne

I have been working at King Kong full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great team environment - Awesome culture - Management team of legends - Great bonuses and incentives - Awesome career progression - All in all - 10/10!!

Cons

Not enough bananas and always too much cake!

King Kong2019-05-24

"Wonder how much these reviews cost!"

I worked at King Kong full-time

Pros

Management is really trying to make it a sad workplace for all so there’s not much positive

Cons

A large portion of these reviews (especially the older ones) have the location of India or other such countries. It's very clear these reviews were bought. This move alone tells you all you need to know about this company.

Advice to Management

Don't buy your reviews earn them

King Kong2018-12-12
  8. ""Should I Apply For King Kong?...""

Current Employee - Paid Social Specialist in South Yarra

I have been working at King Kong full-time for less than a year

Pros

"Should I apply for King Kong?" Not too long ago I was sitting behind my computer... My mouse hovering over that intimidating 'Submit Application' button... And I was asking my self that EXACT same question! However... After I clicked submit, I was flooded with an avalanche of "What Ifs" "What if they don't accept me?" "What if they don't like me?" "What if I'm not good enough?" "WHAT IF...... I regret applying?" Well, in the nature of full transparency I must admit... What happened next, swiftly crushed every anxious thought that was running circles around my mind... What happened next was 100% unpredictable, as I've never experienced anything quite so profound... Who was to know that... On my FIRST day at King Kong, I would be welcomed with wide open arms! Almost as if the office had heard the word of my starting, I was warmly greeted by every employee personally, one-by-one, on their own accord. Talk about the red carpet treatment huh? Not only did they happily open the gates to their loving team of highly ambitious people for me... They hooked me up with a closet load of super-swaggy King Kong gear! But I digress... Are you sick of drowning in a workplace full of mediocrity? Well so was I. And if I could only give my 'pre-application self' one tremendous piece of advice it would be... APPLY DAMN IT! And do so as swiftly as possible... an opportunity such as this truly does only come once in a lifetime. Sincerely, Your Future Teammate :)

Cons

You must be 100% on top of your game! If you are looking to kick your feet up and pass by, I would not recommend applying.

Advice to Management

Keep up the stellar work, you're truly setting a new standard for walking the walk.

9. "The Future Is Here!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at King Kong full-time for less than a year

Pros

Insanely progressive with an abundance of digital resources to help accomplish goals and serve clients. Surrounded by some of the world's sharpest and wittiest minds which helps coming to work every day a pleasure rather than a chore. What makes King Kong unique is how committed they are to service delivery for its clients results in marketing. No other company I've worked for takes this as seriously!

Cons

Could do with more bananas in the fruit bowl :)

King Kong2018-06-27
  10. "Love working at King Kong!"

Current Employee - Digital Account Manager in South Yarra

I have been working at King Kong full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really great training for employees, company experiencing exponential growth which is awesome to be a part of, great team culture, fast-paced, always learning something new!

Cons

If you don't want a fast paced workplace this might not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work ethic and work culture!

Found 62 reviews