King Kong Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

King Kong Reviews

Updated May 24, 2019

Found 59 reviews

4.8
Pros
  • "I am working with king kong from last one year(in 28 reviews)

• "King Kong digital marketing is a great company to work for(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no negative aspects that i can think of at King Kong(in 7 reviews)

• "The day to day environment is fast-paced(in 6 reviews)

1. "BEST COMPANY EVER!"

Current Employee - Digital Strategist in Melbourne

I have been working at King Kong full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great team environment - Awesome culture - Management team of legends - Great bonuses and incentives - Awesome career progression - All in all - 10/10!!

Cons

Not enough bananas and always too much cake!

May 26, 2019People & Culture Manager

Thanks for the review! We're looking into that banana problem, but we do believe more cake is better than less! ;)

2. "Rewarding, Full Of Growth Potential & Personal Development"

Current Employee - Paid Social Specialist in South Yarra

I have been working at King Kong full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's been an amazing experience working here. Never a dull day in King Kong. The Culture is what sets this company apart. We are never micro-managed and are responsible for getting our work done while enjoying the social aspect of the role. Personal development is a high priority so we get 30 minutes a day to work on anything we choose.

Cons

Growing agency life means the workload is full on. But in saying that, it makes every day interesting and challenging which is never a bad thing.

May 26, 2019People & Culture Manager

Thanks for the review! Hearing the feedback from our tribe is what drives us to do better each day!

3. "Top digital agency that actually cares"

Current Employee - SEO Specialist in Melbourne

I have been working at King Kong full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive management and coworkers. Excellent culture

Cons

The day to day environment is fast-paced

May 26, 2019People & Culture Manager

Thanks for the review! :)

"Wonder how much these reviews cost!"

I worked at King Kong full-time

Pros

Management is really trying to make it a sad workplace for all so there’s not much positive

Cons

A large portion of these reviews (especially the older ones) have the location of India or other such countries. It's very clear these reviews were bought. This move alone tells you all you need to know about this company.

Advice to Management

Don't buy your reviews earn them

King Kong2018-12-12

December 20, 2018People & Culture Manager

Thanks for the review. Unfortunately, not everyone thrives in our jungle and we don't claim to be fit for everyone. As you can see, we are aware of the false reviews and have replied to those in locations outside of Melbourne, we can't do much more than that with Glassdoor's review policy and if you're doing your due diligence you can see we've done the right thing by acknowledging it. We work hard to create a positive environment for our tribe where they can grow professionally and that's reflected in our reviews, we're sorry you didn't have a great experience working with us, but only the strongest survive!

5. ""Should I Apply For King Kong?...""

Current Employee - Paid Social Specialist in South Yarra

I have been working at King Kong full-time for less than a year

Pros

"Should I apply for King Kong?" Not too long ago I was sitting behind my computer... My mouse hovering over that intimidating 'Submit Application' button... And I was asking my self that EXACT same question! However... After I clicked submit, I was flooded with an avalanche of "What Ifs" "What if they don't accept me?" "What if they don't like me?" "What if I'm not good enough?" "WHAT IF...... I regret applying?" Well, in the nature of full transparency I must admit... What happened next, swiftly crushed every anxious thought that was running circles around my mind... What happened next was 100% unpredictable, as I've never experienced anything quite so profound... Who was to know that... On my FIRST day at King Kong, I would be welcomed with wide open arms! Almost as if the office had heard the word of my starting, I was warmly greeted by every employee personally, one-by-one, on their own accord. Talk about the red carpet treatment huh? Not only did they happily open the gates to their loving team of highly ambitious people for me... They hooked me up with a closet load of super-swaggy King Kong gear! But I digress... Are you sick of drowning in a workplace full of mediocrity? Well so was I. And if I could only give my 'pre-application self' one tremendous piece of advice it would be... APPLY DAMN IT! And do so as swiftly as possible... an opportunity such as this truly does only come once in a lifetime. Sincerely, Your Future Teammate :)

Cons

You must be 100% on top of your game! If you are looking to kick your feet up and pass by, I would not recommend applying.

Advice to Management

Keep up the stellar work, you're truly setting a new standard for walking the walk.

June 27, 2018People & Culture Manager

Thanks for the kind words! We love having you in our tribe!

6. "The Future Is Here!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at King Kong full-time for less than a year

Pros

Insanely progressive with an abundance of digital resources to help accomplish goals and serve clients. Surrounded by some of the world's sharpest and wittiest minds which helps coming to work every day a pleasure rather than a chore. What makes King Kong unique is how committed they are to service delivery for its clients results in marketing. No other company I've worked for takes this as seriously!

Cons

Could do with more bananas in the fruit bowl :)

June 27, 2018People & Culture Manager

Each week when there remains a banana in the bowl on Wednesday, I feel like I've won the lottery! Thanks for the awesome review!

7. "Love working at King Kong!"

Current Employee - Digital Account Manager in South Yarra

I have been working at King Kong full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really great training for employees, company experiencing exponential growth which is awesome to be a part of, great team culture, fast-paced, always learning something new!

Cons

If you don't want a fast paced workplace this might not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work ethic and work culture!

June 27, 2018People & Culture Manager

Thanks for the great review! :)

8. "Account Management"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in South Yarra

I have been working at King Kong full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great opportunities for growth, phenomenal team. Comprehensive onboarding and training I didn't get at any other digital firm. Was sceptical at first that what they were saying was just the same as other agencies - smoke & mirrors. But this is the real deal. If you are a hardworker and are willing to make it happen, you will get all the support you need and more and I encourage anyone else to apply.

Cons

None. Fast growth requires people who are dedicated to their own growth and the growth of the company. At times there's pressure involved, but none that are unrealistic. Pressures of a client facing role apply as with any company in this role, but the support is there and the pressure is mitigated as much as humanly possible.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

June 27, 2018People & Culture Manager

Thanks for the awesome review! :)

9. "This is real!!!"

Current Employee - Senior AdWords/Analytics Specialist in South Yarra

I have been working at King Kong full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is the best digital marketing agency. If you have been lucky enough to be offered a job, just trust that you are coming into a wonderful working environment. Guarantees: - Growth - Fun - Working with amazing specialists The CEO and senior management trust you and do not micro manage you. Work/life balance is legit - I am in a senior position and have never had issues with this I was cynical... before I came because I came from a 'less than ideal' previous employer. So I thought the whole KK culture was a front.... And I waited for it to crack.... But over a year later and I finally realised that this is how it is! If you are going for a job here let me give you some advice: Be good at your craft. We are achievers and industry leading. So if you are not committed to learn, grow and contribute you might not feel this place is for you

Cons

Just so people know this is not a fake review I will say: sometimes the fruit basket runs out of banana's.

Advice to Management

The company is the best for a reason - your management and how you facilitate the growth and environment for the employees. Don't change it :)

June 27, 2018People & Culture Manager

Thanks for the insane review! We love working with you too :)

"the best work experience ever"

Former Employee - King Kong Marketing Reviews in Sydney

I worked at King Kong full-time for more than a year

Pros

the salaries, the culture, the benefits, the career oportunities, the security, everything was perfect working there, was the best experience

Cons

none everything is perfect, i really like this company

Advice to Management

none everything is perfect

King Kong2018-05-09