King Kong Reviews

Updated 12 Jul 2020

4.6
Pros
Cons
  • "The day to day environment is fast-paced(in 8 reviews)

• "There are no negative aspects that i can think of at King Kong(in 7 reviews)

1. "Best place to work at!"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Melbourne

I have been working at King Kong full-time

Pros

Really nice and positive culture, filled with all the best people in their areas of work

Cons

The company being fast-paced & growing, with highly talented people around you, if you can't keep up with the technologies & don't have hunger to learn new things every day, this is not the place for you!

2. "Absolutely In Love With KK"

Current Employee - Paid Social Specialist

I have been working at King Kong full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love the culture at KK, never a dull day with such amazing, talented people working. Very on board with the vision and growth coming ahead

Cons

We are always looking to grow and be better, if that's not your type of role, i'd advise applying elsewhere

3. "No growth in the jungle"

Specialist in South Yarra

I have been working at King Kong

Pros

- Cake on birthdays - Great team members who support each other - Some recent good hires

Cons

- Managamenet have not supportive of team - Team collaboration is poor - Not a lot of focus on what is good for the client - No opportunity to innovate

Continue reading
  4. "Fantastic place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Conversion Rate Optimization Specialist in Melbourne

I have been working at King Kong full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast paced environment 100% Transparent about the numbers Results that genuinely help clients Ability to up skill in many different areas Great culture and team focus Knowledgable team with incredible talent You can be 100% honest if you're 100% accountable

Cons

Fast paced environment (Works both ways) Only two ping pong tables (and everyone is good at ping pong) Work life Balance can be tricky

Continue reading

"Be wary of joining the jungle"

Former Employee - Specialist

I worked at King Kong full-time

Pros

Lots of opportunity to learn.

Cons

I witnessed a lot of bullying from senior management. It’s a cut throat environment. Very inflexible workplace. It felt almost like a cult. It was a toxic workplace when I was there and am glad to be out. You’ll notice the only people who have been there for long are management or sales. Everyone else tries to leave pretty quick.

Continue reading
  6. "Rewarding, Full Of Growth Potential & Personal Development"

Current Employee - Paid Social Specialist in South Yarra

I have been working at King Kong full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's been an amazing experience working here. Never a dull day in King Kong. The Culture is what sets this company apart. We are never micro-managed and are responsible for getting our work done while enjoying the social aspect of the role. Personal development is a high priority so we get 30 minutes a day to work on anything we choose.

Cons

Growing agency life means the workload is full on. But in saying that, it makes every day interesting and challenging which is never a bad thing.

May 26, 2019People & Culture Manager

Thanks for the review! Hearing the feedback from our tribe is what drives us to do better each day!

7. "Top digital agency that actually cares"

Current Employee - SEO Specialist in Melbourne

I have been working at King Kong full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive management and coworkers. Excellent culture

Cons

The day to day environment is fast-paced

May 26, 2019People & Culture Manager

Thanks for the review! :)

8. "BEST COMPANY EVER!"

Current Employee - Digital Strategist in Melbourne

I have been working at King Kong full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great team environment - Awesome culture - Management team of legends - Great bonuses and incentives - Awesome career progression - All in all - 10/10!!

Cons

Not enough bananas and always too much cake!

May 26, 2019People & Culture Manager

Thanks for the review! We're looking into that banana problem, but we do believe more cake is better than less! ;)

"Wonder how much these reviews cost!"

I worked at King Kong full-time

Pros

Management is really trying to make it a sad workplace for all so there’s not much positive

Cons

A large portion of these reviews (especially the older ones) have the location of India or other such countries. It's very clear these reviews were bought. This move alone tells you all you need to know about this company.

December 20, 2018People & Culture Manager

Thanks for the review. Unfortunately, not everyone thrives in our jungle and we don't claim to be fit for everyone. As you can see, we are aware of the false reviews and have replied to those in locations outside of Melbourne, we can't do much more than that with Glassdoor's review policy and if you're doing your due diligence you can see we've done the right thing by acknowledging it. We work hard to create a positive environment for our tribe where they can grow professionally and that's reflected in our reviews, we're sorry you didn't have a great experience working with us, but only the strongest survive!

10. ""Should I Apply For King Kong?...""

Current Employee - Paid Social Specialist in South Yarra

I have been working at King Kong full-time for less than a year

Pros

"Should I apply for King Kong?" Not too long ago I was sitting behind my computer... My mouse hovering over that intimidating 'Submit Application' button... And I was asking my self that EXACT same question! However... After I clicked submit, I was flooded with an avalanche of "What Ifs" "What if they don't accept me?" "What if they don't like me?" "What if I'm not good enough?" "WHAT IF... I regret applying?" Well, in the nature of full transparency I must admit... What happened next, swiftly crushed every anxious thought that was running circles around my mind... What happened next was 100% unpredictable, as I've never experienced anything quite so profound... Who was to know that... On my FIRST day at King Kong, I would be welcomed with wide open arms! Almost as if the office had heard the word of my starting, I was warmly greeted by every employee personally, one-by-one, on their own accord. Talk about the red carpet treatment huh? Not only did they happily open the gates to their loving team of highly ambitious people for me... They hooked me up with a closet load of super-swaggy King Kong gear! But I digress... Are you sick of drowning in a workplace full of mediocrity? Well so was I. And if I could only give my 'pre-application self' one tremendous piece of advice it would be... APPLY DAMN IT! And do so as swiftly as possible... an opportunity such as this truly does only come once in a lifetime. Sincerely, Your Future Teammate :)

Cons

You must be 100% on top of your game! If you are looking to kick your feet up and pass by, I would not recommend applying.

June 27, 2018People & Culture Manager

Thanks for the kind words! We love having you in our tribe!

Found 65 reviews