King Kong Reviews

Updated Jun 20, 2021

Found 84 of over 85 reviews

4.1
Pros
  • "King Kong is an innovative workplace with hungry talented collogues who are ready to crush it each and single day(in 30 reviews)

• "i am working at King Kong full-time(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Fast-paced and as such not for the faint of heart(in 10 reviews)

• "King Kong demands a very high level of work effort and dedication from it's workers(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Fast paced/ high growth

Jun 20, 2021 - Digital Account Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

- always learning - nice/ caring management

Cons

- there aren't any, the role is what you would expect

2. 5.0

The BEST Place to work EVERYDAY

May 18, 2021 - Tech Savvy Assistant in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am so grateful that I was hired for Australia's Fastest Growing Digital Agency. Definitely fast-paced and lots of hunter and fisherman.I am extremely happy since I got an exciting and dynamic opportunity to enhance both my problem-solving skills and organisation skills.Our newly renovated office is beautiful and the work culture at KK is wonderful.

Cons

Nothing as such.If you have the quick learning ability and multi tasking skills you won't find anything challenging here.

3. 5.0

Hyper Growth

May 11, 2021 - SEO Specialist in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learn and earn. What more could you ask for. You are given the tools you need to get the most out of your field. Company culture is second to none.

Cons

Based on my own personal experience none so far.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Underpaid & Overworked

May 24, 2021 - Specialist in South Yarra
      Business Outlook

Pros

culture & activities were good

Cons

overall just poor management and bad hiring. Selling clients the dream then delivering mediocrity while demanding that employees "make it work"

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good place to learn

Feb 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

You will be challenged and pushed to learn. Great team to work with. Good entry into digital marketing. If you're in a sales or account management role you can make decent commission and learn a lot about sales.

Cons

Senior management is very money and contract driven, which is pushed by the general manager and the founder. Clients often get no work done on their accounts, but kk still seek payments and contract terms. Fairly ego driven culture that 'we are the best' so deserve your money. General manager is one to have on side as she is the founders right hand.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Amazing opportunity for growth-minded individuals

Sep 3, 2020 - Digital Strategist in South Yarra
      Business Outlook

Pros

The sales team is world class and we have an Amazing sales manager who we all respect and admire. That says a lot. Second to the sales manager are the actual sales troops who throw down every single day - and continue to do so even when working remote. Everything you see on YouTube is true, and then some. An amazing environment and you wouldn't be able to find anything that comes close. Recommended for anyone who wants to push themselves and see what they are all about.

Cons

Not recommended for anyone who doesn't want to do training, reading, growing in their own time. You're better to take another 9-5. Not recommended for anyone who doesn't have thick skin, or wants to develop a thick skin - Actually, better you come in with thick skin and life experience otherwise you will be eaten alive, or run the risk of fatigue.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Life Changing Experience!!

Sep 4, 2020 - UI Designer in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working with KingKong for 3 years! I joined as a junior designer in 2017. Not only my career and skills uplifted to the next level, my personal life has been changed! The Great Sabri and team has trained me every day with projects and client experiences to design products that impact millions of people around the World. There are monthly fun team activities, exceptional team meetings, company growth reports and personal grooming sessions that not only help you in professional life but also impact your personal attributes! It's a powerhouse talented FAMILY!

Cons

You have to be the best of the best! KingKong hires only 1% of the best.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Be careful with this opportunity

Mar 10, 2021 - Specialist in South Yarra
      Business Outlook

Pros

Consistent work coming through - in high volumes. Good place to learn for 3-6 months

Cons

The problem with reviews is that staff leave them when they are happy. The real story here is the company has 50% turnover during a pandemic after the best year in sales. Culty atmosphere and loose morals when it comes to selling. There is no room for career growth here. Lower end of agency pay.

9. 5.0

A Great, Fast Paced, Culture Driven Agency

Sep 3, 2020 - Web Developer in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people and the culture are the obvious stand-outs at King Kong. A lot of care goes in to picking the right people and maintaining a healthy, fun, and friendly environment. The management in my experience is also really flexible and if there are issues there is always a lot of healthy, open discussion around how to fix them and make things even better.

Cons

This is intense and fast-paced environment for sure. For some that will be a welcome challenge and for others it might get tiring or frustrating quite quickly. Clients are demanding and expect the best, as do the staff and management. These things are not really a hard "con", but definitely something to be aware of if you're looking at joining the team.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

You can't get better than this!

Oct 12, 2020 - People & Culture Manager in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything is great! An incredible Founder who really cares about all of his employees and making it the best workplace for them. The people, senior management, monthly activities, rewards, everyone's drive to succeed, and how we celebrate the wins together.

Cons

COVID definitely has tested me on a couple of things (recruiting virtually, virtual employee engagement activities). However, it has not stopped us from staying connected, celebrating those wins and having the best culture!!

2 people found this review helpful