King Kong Reviews

Updated 12 Jul 2020

4.6
  1. "Best place to work at!"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Melbourne

I have been working at King Kong full-time

Pros

Really nice and positive culture, filled with all the best people in their areas of work

Cons

The company being fast-paced & growing, with highly talented people around you, if you can't keep up with the technologies & don't have hunger to learn new things every day, this is not the place for you!

2. "Absolutely In Love With KK"

Current Employee - Paid Social Specialist

I have been working at King Kong full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love the culture at KK, never a dull day with such amazing, talented people working. Very on board with the vision and growth coming ahead

Cons

We are always looking to grow and be better, if that's not your type of role, i'd advise applying elsewhere

3. "Fantastic place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Conversion Rate Optimization Specialist in Melbourne

I have been working at King Kong full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast paced environment 100% Transparent about the numbers Results that genuinely help clients Ability to up skill in many different areas Great culture and team focus Knowledgable team with incredible talent You can be 100% honest if you're 100% accountable

Cons

Fast paced environment (Works both ways) Only two ping pong tables (and everyone is good at ping pong) Work life Balance can be tricky

4. "BEST COMPANY EVER!"

Current Employee - Digital Strategist in Melbourne

I have been working at King Kong full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great team environment - Awesome culture - Management team of legends - Great bonuses and incentives - Awesome career progression - All in all - 10/10!!

Cons

Not enough bananas and always too much cake!

May 26, 2019People & Culture Manager

Thanks for the review! We're looking into that banana problem, but we do believe more cake is better than less! ;)

5. "Top digital agency that actually cares"

Current Employee - SEO Specialist in Melbourne

I have been working at King Kong full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive management and coworkers. Excellent culture

Cons

The day to day environment is fast-paced

May 26, 2019People & Culture Manager

Thanks for the review! :)

6. "Rewarding, Full Of Growth Potential & Personal Development"

Current Employee - Paid Social Specialist in South Yarra

I have been working at King Kong full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's been an amazing experience working here. Never a dull day in King Kong. The Culture is what sets this company apart. We are never micro-managed and are responsible for getting our work done while enjoying the social aspect of the role. Personal development is a high priority so we get 30 minutes a day to work on anything we choose.

Cons

Growing agency life means the workload is full on. But in saying that, it makes every day interesting and challenging which is never a bad thing.

May 26, 2019People & Culture Manager

Thanks for the review! Hearing the feedback from our tribe is what drives us to do better each day!

7. "This is real!!!"

Current Employee - Senior AdWords/Analytics Specialist in South Yarra

I have been working at King Kong full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is the best digital marketing agency. If you have been lucky enough to be offered a job, just trust that you are coming into a wonderful working environment. Guarantees: - Growth - Fun - Working with amazing specialists The CEO and senior management trust you and do not micro manage you. Work/life balance is legit - I am in a senior position and have never had issues with this I was cynical before I came because I came from a 'less than ideal' previous employer. So I thought the whole KK culture was a front.... And I waited for it to crack.... But over a year later and I finally realised that this is how it is! If you are going for a job here let me give you some advice: Be good at your craft. We are achievers and industry leading. So if you are not committed to learn, grow and contribute you might not feel this place is for you

Cons

Just so people know this is not a fake review I will say: sometimes the fruit basket runs out of banana's.

June 27, 2018People & Culture Manager

Thanks for the insane review! We love working with you too :)

8. "Account Management"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in South Yarra

I have been working at King Kong full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great opportunities for growth, phenomenal team. Comprehensive onboarding and training I didn't get at any other digital firm. Was sceptical at first that what they were saying was just the same as other agencies - smoke & mirrors. But this is the real deal. If you are a hardworker and are willing to make it happen, you will get all the support you need and more and I encourage anyone else to apply.

Cons

None. Fast growth requires people who are dedicated to their own growth and the growth of the company. At times there's pressure involved, but none that are unrealistic. Pressures of a client facing role apply as with any company in this role, but the support is there and the pressure is mitigated as much as humanly possible.

June 27, 2018People & Culture Manager

Thanks for the awesome review! :)

9. "Love working at King Kong!"

Current Employee - Digital Account Manager in South Yarra

I have been working at King Kong full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really great training for employees, company experiencing exponential growth which is awesome to be a part of, great team culture, fast-paced, always learning something new!

Cons

If you don't want a fast paced workplace this might not be the place for you.

June 27, 2018People & Culture Manager

Thanks for the great review! :)

10. "The Future Is Here!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at King Kong full-time for less than a year

Pros

Insanely progressive with an abundance of digital resources to help accomplish goals and serve clients. Surrounded by some of the world's sharpest and wittiest minds which helps coming to work every day a pleasure rather than a chore. What makes King Kong unique is how committed they are to service delivery for its clients results in marketing. No other company I've worked for takes this as seriously!

Cons

Could do with more bananas in the fruit bowl :)

June 27, 2018People & Culture Manager

Each week when there remains a banana in the bowl on Wednesday, I feel like I've won the lottery! Thanks for the awesome review!

Found 65 reviews