King Kong Reviews

Updated 12 Jul 2020

4.6
  1. "Best place to work at!"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Melbourne

I have been working at King Kong full-time

Pros

Really nice and positive culture, filled with all the best people in their areas of work

Cons

The company being fast-paced & growing, with highly talented people around you, if you can't keep up with the technologies & don't have hunger to learn new things every day, this is not the place for you!

2. "Absolutely In Love With KK"

Current Employee - Paid Social Specialist

I have been working at King Kong full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love the culture at KK, never a dull day with such amazing, talented people working. Very on board with the vision and growth coming ahead

Cons

We are always looking to grow and be better, if that's not your type of role, i'd advise applying elsewhere

"No growth in the jungle"

Specialist in South Yarra

I have been working at King Kong

Pros

- Cake on birthdays - Great team members who support each other - Some recent good hires

Cons

- Managamenet have not supportive of team - Team collaboration is poor - Not a lot of focus on what is good for the client - No opportunity to innovate

Continue reading
  4. "Fantastic place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Conversion Rate Optimization Specialist in Melbourne

I have been working at King Kong full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast paced environment 100% Transparent about the numbers Results that genuinely help clients Ability to up skill in many different areas Great culture and team focus Knowledgable team with incredible talent You can be 100% honest if you're 100% accountable

Cons

Fast paced environment (Works both ways) Only two ping pong tables (and everyone is good at ping pong) Work life Balance can be tricky

Continue reading

"Be wary of joining the jungle"

Former Employee - Specialist

I worked at King Kong full-time

Pros

Lots of opportunity to learn.

Cons

I witnessed a lot of bullying from senior management. It’s a cut throat environment. Very inflexible workplace. It felt almost like a cult. It was a toxic workplace when I was there and am glad to be out. You’ll notice the only people who have been there for long are management or sales. Everyone else tries to leave pretty quick.

6. "BEST COMPANY EVER!"

Current Employee - Digital Strategist in Melbourne

I have been working at King Kong full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great team environment - Awesome culture - Management team of legends - Great bonuses and incentives - Awesome career progression - All in all - 10/10!!

Cons

Not enough bananas and always too much cake!

May 26, 2019People & Culture Manager

Thanks for the review! We're looking into that banana problem, but we do believe more cake is better than less! ;)

7. "Top digital agency that actually cares"

Current Employee - SEO Specialist in Melbourne

I have been working at King Kong full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive management and coworkers. Excellent culture

Cons

The day to day environment is fast-paced

May 26, 2019People & Culture Manager

Thanks for the review! :)

8. "Rewarding, Full Of Growth Potential & Personal Development"

Current Employee - Paid Social Specialist in South Yarra

I have been working at King Kong full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's been an amazing experience working here. Never a dull day in King Kong. The Culture is what sets this company apart. We are never micro-managed and are responsible for getting our work done while enjoying the social aspect of the role. Personal development is a high priority so we get 30 minutes a day to work on anything we choose.

Cons

Growing agency life means the workload is full on. But in saying that, it makes every day interesting and challenging which is never a bad thing.

May 26, 2019People & Culture Manager

Thanks for the review! Hearing the feedback from our tribe is what drives us to do better each day!

"Wonder how much these reviews cost!"

I worked at King Kong full-time

Pros

Management is really trying to make it a sad workplace for all so there’s not much positive

Cons

A large portion of these reviews (especially the older ones) have the location of India or other such countries. It's very clear these reviews were bought. This move alone tells you all you need to know about this company.

December 20, 2018People & Culture Manager

Thanks for the review. Unfortunately, not everyone thrives in our jungle and we don't claim to be fit for everyone. As you can see, we are aware of the false reviews and have replied to those in locations outside of Melbourne, we can't do much more than that with Glassdoor's review policy and if you're doing your due diligence you can see we've done the right thing by acknowledging it. We work hard to create a positive environment for our tribe where they can grow professionally and that's reflected in our reviews, we're sorry you didn't have a great experience working with us, but only the strongest survive!

10. "This is real!!!"

Current Employee - Senior AdWords/Analytics Specialist in South Yarra

I have been working at King Kong full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is the best digital marketing agency. If you have been lucky enough to be offered a job, just trust that you are coming into a wonderful working environment. Guarantees: - Growth - Fun - Working with amazing specialists The CEO and senior management trust you and do not micro manage you. Work/life balance is legit - I am in a senior position and have never had issues with this I was cynical before I came because I came from a 'less than ideal' previous employer. So I thought the whole KK culture was a front.... And I waited for it to crack.... But over a year later and I finally realised that this is how it is! If you are going for a job here let me give you some advice: Be good at your craft. We are achievers and industry leading. So if you are not committed to learn, grow and contribute you might not feel this place is for you

Cons

Just so people know this is not a fake review I will say: sometimes the fruit basket runs out of banana's.

June 27, 2018People & Culture Manager

Thanks for the insane review! We love working with you too :)

Found 65 reviews