Kool Smiles Associate Dentist Reviews

Updated 30 Aug 2018

4.4
Kool Smiles Executive Dental Directors Dr. Dale Mayfield & Dr. David Vieth  (no image)
Dr. Dale Mayfield & Dr. David Vieth
  1. "Fun working with children"

4.0
    Associate Dentist in San Antonio, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Kool Smiles for more than 3 years

Pros

Helping the underserved community Great experience with pediatric dentistry

Cons

They need to get more qualified than assistants

Continue reading
    Kool Smiles2018-08-30
  2. "Private practice versus corporate"

5.0
    Current Employee - Associate Dentist

I have been working at Kool Smiles full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

When things break in the office, you don't have to worry. When an employee decides to move, have a baby, etc., you don't have to worry. When you want something done, you just mention it, and it is taken care of. Working here is definitely less stress than owning your own. The benefits are nice, which is rare in private practice.

Cons

There isn't much paid time off given, but, if you are in private practice, you don't get any time off. That is really the only negative I can think of.

Kool Smiles2016-10-21
  3. "Associate Dentist"

5.0
    Current Employee - Associate Dentist in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Kool Smiles full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I particularly like the fast-pace during the treatment day. I consider my workday as a mix of Hygiene checks, Operative and Surgical procedures. The best aspect is the friendly, family atmosphere of the co-workers working to the common purpose.

Cons

Inability to schedule vacation or PTO days during the summer peak patient period. This makes family vacations difficult to fit in to school summer periods.

Continue reading
    Kool Smiles2016-10-06

"BAD place to work.. Bait and Switch Contract"

1.0
    Former Employee - Associate Dentist in Everett, WA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Kool Smiles full-time for less than a year

Pros

There really are no pros. You are promised an annual salary and withing a few days of starting they inform you that you will no longer be receiving that salary and must take a paycut. Be careful with the sign on bonus this is where they will try to trap you. If you sign one you are signing a promissary note which is separate from the contract they breach, and will use it as leverage against you if you decided you want to leave. I was completely mis-lead and lied to. I was promised a guaranteed salary for two years only to find out it will not be honored. I asked them how long have they known of these changes and it seems like they have known since the begging of the year. Yet continued to lie about the contract and inform me of the contract breach once I start.

Cons

Bait and switch tactics. They will offer you a sign on bonus as a trap, and then promise you an annual salary. Once you sign the sign on bonus you find out its a promissary note separate from the contract. Then you find out that they are going to dis honor the contract and cut your pay. They then put you on a collection (not production) pay system. They also added a stipulation that they call true up. For the company to maintain a 90% collection you the doctor becomes the guarantor. So you will receive you pay but a few months down the road if they fail to collect on any of that money they will deduct it from your next check guaranteeing their collection rate at your expense. Remember when you apply here they tell you that they will handle all the finances and administrative stuff and all you do is dentistry, well now you are also their insurance policy. This is something they plan on doing slowly company wide by the end of the year to avoid a mass exodus of people. Also on the collection system of pay, you don't get credit for exam, cleanings, x rays or emergency visits. So if you consider working for here remember you have been warned.

Kool Smiles2013-07-07

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 4 reviews