Kool Smiles CTL Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Kool Smiles CTL Reviews

Updated Aug 16, 2014

Found 3 reviews

2.8
Kool Smiles CEO Dr. Dale Mayfield & Dr. David Vieth  (no image)
Dr. Dale Mayfield & Dr. David Vieth

"Let's get back to the basics"

Current Employee - CTL

I have been working at Kool Smiles full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There is some opportunity for advancement, though limited. Unfortunately, too many times the brownest nose gets the position.

Cons

Work/life balance is way off. Limiting time the employees can take PTO is unreasonable, especially when upper management can take off whenever they want. The doctors in the offices need some RESPECT. They are the ones fueling this ship. Adjust the SAturday schedules, management doesn't work why should we.

Advice to Management

Let's get back to what we did best. You can not be all things to all people. Having the adult and kids in the same office is a bad thing. Being a good referral source for our local specialists can and will further our standing in every community and it is what is best for our patients. XS is not working in most markets. The doctors who are seeing patients in the office need some respect. Without them, we are... nothing. OM should have dental experience/knowledge when they come to us. GEt rid of the bonus system. Let's all do our best with a competitive wage, not be swayed by some bonus.

Kool Smiles2014-08-16
  2. "kool smiles is an awesome place for people that are energetic and love kids"

Current Employee - CTL

I have been working at Kool Smiles full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

We are a company where our voices are heard. This company has a friendly atmosphere and strives to be the best. It's not uptight. We are very family oriented. You have so many opportunities to learn new things. If there is ever a problem it always gets fixed fast.

Cons

sometimes the work hours aren't that great.

Advice to Management

just take into consideration that most employees have children and late work hours leave very little family time

Kool Smiles2012-05-25
  3. "I love my experience with Kool Smiles so far. The company is great to work for."

CTL in Longview, TX

I have been working at Kool Smiles

Pros

You have options of promotions if you do well and deserve it. helping the kid is the best feeling in the world. Growing relationships with parents for memorable experiences. We have fun and get the job done.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to get some things fixed if you need higher leadership to help, but it is understandable because they are busy.

Advice to Management

There should be some sort of incentive or bonus program for the dental assistants.

Kool Smiles2012-05-14