Kraft Heinz Company Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

3.1
Kraft Heinz Company CEO Bernardo Hees
Bernardo Hees

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work/life balance is a excellent at Kraft" (in 149 reviews)

• "Lots of resonsibility, great people who are very fun to work with" (in 145 reviews)

Cons
  • "The work life balance is truly what you make it as well" (in 268 reviews)

• "No work life balance (11 hour days have become the norm)" (in 73 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great, challenging work environment"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1) Very hardworking and sharp employees, that are both driven to perform at their best as well as help others develop their skills/knowledge and get up to speed
    2) Well-known brands that I grew up with-- it's fun to have the opportunity to try to shape how our brands evolve with a changing consumer environment
    3) As one of the largest food companies, there are a ton of opportunities within this one office. Easy to move to a different function, with and without prior experience in the area (as long as you've demonstrated the ability and eagerness to learn)
    4) Great office with awesome views of the city. Open floor layout makes interaction with teammates and leadership easier and more frequent

Cons

Not a good fit for everybody. I wouldn't work here if you are not motivated by challenging targets, unwilling to work extra hours to finish a project, or want short-term and day-to-day perks (we don't get as much free food as you'd expect, but we have solid performance-based bonus potential and occasional other office-wide events)

9 Nov 2018 – Senior Manager Employer Brand

I think you have summed up our culture nicely. We believe in allowing our team an opportunity to move to different departments to continue to develop professionally. It's that ocean of opportunity... More

2. "Human Resources Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Autonomy, ownership on goals and projects, high exposure to the entire business, open space office (no doors), fast career progression

Cons

Long hours can be demanded some time

3. "Analyst"

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time

Pros

Fast and cleared Career development opportunities

Cons

Long working hours and intense work

4. "Good"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Melbourne
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Melbourne

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good car and field sales job is fun

Cons

Head office environment is awful

Advice to Management

Please hire some sensible senior managers

10 Dec 2018 – Senior Manager Employer Brand

Thank you for your feedback. I will pass your feedback to our leadership team. - Elizabeth

"New leadership, fingers crossed!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great brands, career progression opportunities and autonomy.
    Mid-level management is strong through the functions.

Cons

Salary under market rate, country leadership changes annually and the 3G culture is misinterpreted to justify any area of improvement ie when people leave they’re deemed not be a ‘culture fit’ “it’s not for everyone”.

Advice to Management

Hopefully new MD with ABI background can implement improved mid to long term initiatives reflected through both people and strategy.
    HR need to take more ownership of culture and have visible presence within the business to assist retention and acquisition of talent.

"You're just another pawn in the system"

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Office location, close to public transportation, nice building

Cons

this company doesn't appreciate its own employees, expect them to behave like owners but doesn't treat them as such.

13 Sep 2018 – Senior Manager Employer Brand

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. It is disappointing to see that you aren't happy at KHC. I encourage you to contact our Ethics & Compliance Hotline (1.866.313.9182 or... More

7. "Customer Service"

I worked at Kraft Heinz Company full-time

Pros

- great people to work with

Cons

- the systems used are age old

"Finance - Not worth it"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

I worked at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Good place to start a career if you're ambitious and willing to sacrifice your social life as there's plenty of things to learn and an endless stream of work.
    - Non-finance teams appear to have a more collaborative and fun culture.
    - Opportunity to take on large amounts of responsibility given that teams are always understaffed.

Cons

- Work hours are quite ridiculous across finance teams on a daily basis, spanning from 11 hour to 20 hour days. Lunch is often at your desk and breaks are minimal.
    - Teams are significantly understaffed and if someone leaves, knowledge is lost on a consistent basis and the new employee is required to start from square one. Turnover rate is quite high in this company so you end up with a bunch of people who know nothing.
    - ZBB is king. Everything and anything is pushed to be removed even if completely necessary. Long hours are not compensated. Cab rides are not reimbursed even if you finish past midnight and there's no public transport. Salary is kept stable, not even adjusted for inflation. No work benefits.
    - Most finance employees are simply reporting analysts, pumping out report after report to make someone higher up in the food chain happy even if there is no real value add. Senior management would rather demand a pretty presentation than allow time to refine and enhance processes and insights.
    - Systems and processes are ancient and complicated. Finance teams are required to be a genius in Excel as all reports are manually generated. If you look deeper into the data, there is a high chance something will need to be corrected. There is no source in which you can depend on and hence, no data integrity.
    - Morale is low as everyone is pushed to their limit and have no time to assist others, hence no collaboration or communication. Often, relevant parties are left out of important conversations and won't find out about major changes until it's too late.
    - If you are on leave and on a holiday, you will need to bring your computer as there's a high chance you'll be contacted to work.
    - KPIs are cascaded which is understandable but they aren't logical. Some are set up to conflict with others, some aren't personal and hence uncontrollable and some are simply impossible to achieve. It's possible to know you've missed your KPI even before the year begins.
    - Some zone teams are absolutely useless and have zero clue on what is happening behind the scenes as they are essentially professional consolidators. Your role will most likely be consistently scrambling to provide something to them to review and feedback is often irrational and illogical given the resources. No value add, direction nor support is provided from zone as their only role is to be an intermediary.
    - If you are in a non-finance team, you will most likely be significantly hindered by ZBB in performing your role to improve the business.

Advice to Management

Learn to appreciate your employees and maybe the turnover rate will decrease rather than burning through new employees and having achieved nothing in the process.
    Only demand work if it has a purpose and adds value to the business rather than simply to please senior management.
    Employ larger teams to share the workload and knowledge so that things can finally be manageable and then maybe you'll finally receive the insight you want.

30 Aug 2018 – Senior Manager Employer Brand

Thank you for your detailed feedback. I will make sure that the appropriate parties review your comments. If you would like to communicate further please reach out to me directly... More

"Fianance - CEREBOS"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seven Hills
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seven Hills

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't find any... might teach you one or two things about change management as things changes constantly.

Cons

Long hours, it's all about zero-based budgeting, inexperienced management (former category manager appointed as MD), lack of strategy.
    MD has no idea about running the business. Kraftheinz took over and randomly promoted everyone and the place became a circus!

Advice to Management

Just Leave

6 Sep 2018 – Senior Manager Employer Brand

I appreciate your honest feedback. Your list of cons is troubling. I will make sure to share this feedback with our leadership team. I also encourage you to contact our Ethics & Compliance Hotline... More

"Interesting place"

Former Employee - Marketing in Melbourne
    Former Employee - Marketing in Melbourne

I worked at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very clear bonus structure and great brands

Cons

Long hours, unrealistic expectations and cost cutting