L'Oréal Marketing Reviews

L'Oréal Chief Executive Officer Jean-Paul Agon
Jean-Paul Agon
  1. "Marketing Intern"

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in South Melbourne

I worked at L'Oréal full-time for less than a year

Pros

You learn heaps in a very fast paced environment. Exposure to many facets of the business and marketing.

Cons

Little training or support. High stress.

April 16, 2018L'Oréal Talent Team

Dear former colleague, Thanks for coming to write review. Really glad to know your experience with us sets you up well for your career ambitions ahead! Thank you for the valuable feedback to further focus on training our interns. Yang.

"Marketing Graduate"

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Sydney

I worked at L'Oréal full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great Team - Free Products (and generous allowance) - Lots of exposure to difference elements of the business - Young Vibrant Work space - Invitations to a lot of cool events.

Cons

- Reactive Organization - Non-innovative - Highly unorganized - Horrific work-life balance - Horrific pay

"Worst experience of my career."

1.0
    Current Employee - Marketing in Melbourne

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time for more than a year

Pros

Big company that looks good on your resume. Only because it is a well known fact that if you can last a year at L'Oreal you can do anything.

Cons

Worst work life balance. 9 - 5 job? I've never done those hours the whole time I've been there. You will be there until 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 or even midnight. And even then you will go home and work more. Those hours are expected. Even if you leave at 6, it will be noticed and asked why you are leaving early. Meetings are regularly scheduled after 'work' hours. Say goodbye to having dinner with friends and family. Say goodbye to your life. Worst culture. A boys club. Yes in a beauty company. It's as if as a female you have no opinion, your ideas are wrong, you are looked down on. Worst planning. Everything was due yesterday. No concept of prioritising. Everything is now, now, now. There's no planning out beyond the current season. It's reactive, not proactive. Worst development. Zero focus on development plans or training. You will be promised it but it will never happen. You won't get any feedback on your performance until the end of year review. And trust me, shocks will hit you in the face at your review. I've seen barely any promotions unless you are well liked, not if the person is ready. Worst turnover. Rumoured to be 75%. I think it's higher. It's a never ending revolving door. No stability. No getting to know your team. Constant upheaval. Worst hiring of local talent. A lot of talent is brought in from international locations. I wouldn't call them talent really. I regularly see international people here to work in Australia hired over locals and L'Oreal getting these people visas. Worst management. No clear direction. No vision. No sharing of objectives and results. No team activities. Any managers that allow all these things to happen are not worth working for. Worst place to work. Don't do it. You think you will be working for a big company with great brands. You will regret it. Trust me. You will want to walk out constantly. Trust me.

"Politics, Politics, Politics"

2.0
    Marketing Manager in Melbourne

I worked at L'Oréal

Pros

Great place to learn media, NPD execution & never say die attitude

Cons

Arrogance blame culture where politics rules. Senior managementy all male with inappropriate attitudes to women. Work you to death for little pay

"Australia"

Marketing Assistant in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at L'Oréal

Pros

Very young dymanic environment with an solid team Access to free/cheap cosmetics Fun launch parties and seminars Great to liase with media

Cons

Marketing rolls are more implementation rather than creative Hard to shine in the organization Huge number of reports Poor geographic location Really bad respect for work life balance Poorly resourced and understaffed Mammoth workload No real job description

"Toxic culture"

2.0
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good training opportunities, some pleasant and talented colleagues, product allowance and company events

Cons

Toxic working culture that's been an issue for a long time but nothing changes. Very political organisation where promotions are not based on talent but on connections and relationship with the management instead. Average remuneration.

January 3, 2020Global content and employee engagement manager

Dear colleague, Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for your time with L’Oréal! We’re very proud of our workplace and the unique benefits we are able to offer as much as our focus on personal growth and development for our employees. If you have any concerns regarding promotions and career, we encourage you to raise the issue to HR and allow an open talk about it. We wish you all the best, Madeline

7. "Cliquey, Poor Management, Poor Communication"

1.0
    Former Intern - Marketing Intern

I worked at L'Oréal for less than a year

Pros

Not bad staff shop discounts...

Cons

Whoever screams the loudest gets noticed and if that's not your personality you won't thrive here. Poor management and lack of communication. Always a lot of talk about doing things and making changes but never make then effectively.

October 28, 2019Global content and employee engagement manager

Hello, We're sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience at L’Oréal. Letting anyone expresses their opinion is important for us, it's part of our culture and how we challenge ourselves. However, screaming is not part of it! Your feedback will be communicated to our top management to make sure this is not general. We wish you the best in your next endeavour. Madeline

8. "Great place if you are the right fit!"

Former Employee - Marketing Director

I worked at L'Oréal full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Dynamic entrepreneurial culture, great industry and perks, amazing people.

Cons

Hectic pace, very particular culture.

November 4, 2014Employer Branding Manager

We appreciate your feedback and for the time and effort you put in when you were at L'Oreal. We definite pride ourselves on the entreprenurial culture that you so aptly mentioned in your review and are happy you enjoyed the benefits and perks of working in the industry. As for your advice on salaries, we have recently launched a world-wide benchmark and set of standards for salaries to help make L'Oreal more attractive and competitive. We hope this will be rolling out around the globe in the next few months in order to make up for any missed opportunities.

9. "Nice working environment"

5.0
    Current Intern - Intern Marketing in Jakarta

I have been working at L'Oréal for less than a year

Pros

Nice environment, caring one another

Cons

Busy working, traffic jam as always

10. "PR Summer Intern"

Former Intern - Intern Marketing in Seoul

I worked at L'Oréal for less than a year

Pros

Very well-structured internship program, the HR provides you with consistent help

Cons

Your experience will be based on which brand you get assigned to, as each brand has distinct culture

Found 294 reviews