L'Oréal Employee Reviews about "fast paced"

Updated 20 Jan 2021

Found 201 of over 7K reviews

4.0
L'Oréal CEO Nicolas Hieronimus
Nicolas Hieronimus
0 Rating
Pros
  • "good work environment and nice colleagues(in 150 reviews)

• "FMCG fast-paced workplace exposure(in 141 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Stunning work requires long working hours(in 306 reviews)

• "Long working hours, many meetings(in 128 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "fast paced"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great opportunity for all round experience!

10 Oct 2020 - Intern in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced and friendly environment

Cons

Workload can be a lot at times

Continue reading
    2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fast paced

9 Nov 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced, fun environment, great location, opportunities for growth through training and promotion.

Cons

Sometimes high stress, high turnover of staff

L'Oréal Response

L'Oréal Talent team

Dear colleague, thank you for taking the time to write a review! Great to hear about your positive experience with us. You're right, L'Oréal is very fast paced, a great learning company with opportunity for growth, and we never forget to have fun whilst we're at it! Wishing you the best in your career with us, Emma

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Marketing Intern

21 Mar 2018 - Marketing Intern in South Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

You learn heaps in a very fast paced environment. Exposure to many facets of the business and marketing.

Cons

Little training or support. High stress.

L'Oréal Response

L'Oréal Talent Team

Dear former colleague, Thanks for coming to write review. Really glad to know your experience with us sets you up well for your career ambitions ahead! Thank you for the valuable feedback to further focus on training our interns. Yang.

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Very meh

12 Jan 2021 - Process Engineer (R&D) in Clark, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits (especially if you stay for 3+ years), never boring, fast-paced environment, cool products that you get to work on

Cons

Not a good place for innovation, don't expect to have many champions supporting any opportunities for improvement you pursue. Current state of technologies they use is 10 years behind other leaders in the industry. Career development based entirely on politics, hence upper-management is incompetent. Many bad leaders advance their careers because of the way they hold themselves in meetings, co-signing whatever other high-profile people say. Way too much finger pointing due to bad leadership. You will find that there are no performance reviews for a reason. Everything moves so slowly because upper-management has to micro-manage everything. France is at the center of everything. French colleauges are put on a pedestal. Very hit or miss depending on your manager/team. I've heard/seen some terrible misstreatment from colleagues and their managers. L'Oreal does not develop you, you have to put the effort into developing yourself. You will find that some of your smartest colleauges will leave the company. The ones who have been here for many years are usually stuck.

Continue reading
      4 people found this review helpful
    5. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Bad culture, bad management, some very good people

21 Oct 2020 - Senior Product Manager in Santiago
      Business Outlook

Pros

Besides the great brands and lovely products, the people there is trying their best to thrive on a fast paced company with no guidelines, no clear processes and mostly top-down policy. There is a lot of benefits, such as extra paid time off, free courses and free products (although in my country there's no way to buy what you want with discount. Forget about it!).

Cons

The culture is really bad. People scream and curse to each other on meetings and one have no autonomy, even in higher roles such as directors, as you need to do as you're told so. People work from 8h to 23h and that seems normal and expected. If you are a fresh undergrad and really competitive, it can be a great fit. However, if you have family, especially kids, it can be really tough. I suffered psychological harassment from direct management and when searched for help, HR said this person had already made it several times before, but when confronted last time, she said she was going to change. HR confessed having no authority to do anything. So I left and even so, had to hear that "I was going to lose the job of my dreams and I would regret for the rest of my life, and they wouldn't accept me back when I come running asking for my job again". I didn't.

3 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

a beautiful test & learn culture

14 Jan 2021 - Product Manager in Bucharest
      Business Outlook

Pros

team spirit, amazing brands, access to knowledge, trainings, digitally driven approach, innovations, consumer research, agility

Cons

fast paced environment, little time to follow up on projects; laid back culture (less structural in terms of procedures - but this can be also a good thing, especially for people with entrepreneurial mindset)

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Unique Career & Growth Opportunities

12 Jan 2021 - Human Resources Manager in Kuala Lumpur
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, fantastic products, brands, awesome company events

Cons

Fast-paced, highly responsive, changes are inevitable, may not be for everyone for long term. Great place to explore and hone talents. Diversity can be a challenge.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Very Fast Paced and Dynamic Internship

14 Jan 2021 - Assistant Commercial Controller in Hammersmith, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Lots of opportunities to gain responsibility. - Very fast-paced and dynamic company. - Fantastic networking opportunities.

Cons

- May be required to work late often.

9. 5.0
      Current Intern

Very rewarding experience

15 Jan 2021 - Sales Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Always busy with a variety of responsibilities, great networking opportunities

Cons

High pressure fast paced environment, which ended up being very rewarding

10. 5.0
      Current Intern

Intern for Loreal

20 Jan 2021 - Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun fast paced and dynamic environmeny

Cons

None at all to be honest!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 201 Reviews