Langan Engineering and Environmental Services Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Found 196 reviews

4.3
Langan Engineering and Environmental Services CEO David T. Gockel
David T. Gockel
Pros
  • "Great work environment and people you work with are great(in 26 reviews)

• "Great people, great benefits, interesting projects, lots of opportunity for professional development(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance can suffer greatly with 50-hour(in 25 reviews)

• "Long hours and raises/promotions are not merit based(in 16 reviews)

1. "So far so good!"

Current Employee - Staff Engineer Level I in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are friendly, benefits are great, company values safety, and there's always opportunities to grow and keep learning.

Cons

Everyone works long hours but there is overtime pay/ comp time

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services2019-08-05
  2. "Great company, hardworking staff, good energy and management."

Current Employee - Staff Engineer

I have been working at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services full-time

Pros

Working alongside peers who want to see you succeed. Engaging and diverse array of projects to work on. An open and honest environment to work in and progress.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and stay open to innovation.

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services2019-07-29
  3. "Awesome work place"

Current Employee - Licensed Field Engineer in Parsippany, NJ

Pros

Highly organized and very professional people. They take pride in what they do and do take their reputation seriously. I was never a fan of "big companies" but they changed my perception. Everybody is willing to help and guide even at the copy machine, to me this attests that they hire the best! . Lots of training, workshops, seminars, PDH's and they are big on employee H & S. Work friendly ambiance in the office.

Cons

None so far. At least from my perspective.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services2019-07-29
  4. "Great Culture and Values"

Current Employee - Senior Campus Recruiter

Pros

I joined Langan a few weeks now and had a great on-boarding experience. From laptop and phone set up quickly, HR overview of benefits and enrollment, to my manager and rest of the department ensuring that I have the tools to succeed in my job. There are many tools on their intranet to help me get assimilated in my role and learn more about the company services and markets they serve.

Cons

Some reports can be automated with the right HRIS system.

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services2019-07-30
  5. "Long Term Expertise"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

I have been working at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The pros at Langan are many and start with respect of the employees, and supporting their technical excellence, and supporting continued education. Salaries are competitive, with a very good 401K. Projects are interesting, and multi discipline coordination is encouraged and realized. Depending upon your supervisor, wide latitude is provided to permit individual working styles. A company culture of excellence and client...

Cons

Work hours can be long, while vertical advancement is slow.

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services2019-08-02
  6. "Senior Staff Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Staff Engineer in New York, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great co-workers, flexible workplace options, high-profile projects and many opportunities to learn if you seize them.

Cons

Little-to-no work life balance. You work above your level but are not properly compensated; there seems to be no fair or transparent system for compensating employees.

Advice to Management

Management skills are very inconsistent - send managers to manager and people training. Build a better system for providing feedback to employees.

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services2019-07-13
  7. "I work currently in Langan Engineering and Enviromental Service as a Intern for the summer"

Current Employee - Intern in Parsippany, NJ

Pros

Everything is great here, the environment is friendly, the Human resources department creates excellent events and activities to rise up the interest to participate on voluntary events.

Cons

there is nothing to say

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services2019-06-24
  8. "great opportunity for moving up the ladder"

Former Employee - Project Engineer

I worked at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good pay interesting work they don't micromanage you opportunities for advancement

Cons

the hours are pretty long

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services2019-06-16

"Wrong management mindset"

I worked at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services full-time

Pros

Well respected and highly qualified engineers. Fair compensation and benefits.

Cons

Some of the project managers have very little respect for the staff engineers and does not care about their professional growth. Too much focus on billable hours and shaming the staff engineers for making mistakes.

Advice to Management

Educate the project managers so that they are not "ordering" their staff engineers but rather mentoring them.

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services2019-06-08
  10. "Good not Great"

Former Employee - Staff Scientist in Doylestown, PA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Foot in the door. Learn alot if you plan on staying billable and opportunities are there for growth, but you have to push for it.

Cons

Upper Management may not be in the same office, so when decisions to be made they may not be present to answer and then later blame you for what was decided.

Advice to Management

Be present and stop worrying about your own financial ambitions. Worry about making a cohesive team and training them up.

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services2019-06-06