LanguageLine Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

LanguageLine Solutions Reviews

Updated 19 October 2017

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work from home; excellent training; retirement plan; rewarding: I worked with people from different cultures (in 240 reviews)

• get to work from home - no commute, pays on time (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay compare to other companies in the industry (in 53 reviews)

• No benefits for part time employees (in 53 reviews)

"Teleperformance will drive LLS to the ground, just as LLS did with Pacific Interpreters."

Current Employee - All Call Interpreter in Durango, Durango (Mexico)
    Current Employee - All Call Interpreter in Durango, Durango (Mexico)

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Work from home
    -Assistance with phone and internet service.

Nothing else.

Cons

While in training everyone is so nice and respectful and polite, afterwards not so much.

They treat their interpreters like disposable diapers, once they have spoiled you enough, they just throw you away and get a new one.
    Ever since this company was sold to Teleperformance and Klein became the CEO things went south, so south there is no south anymore beyond them.

Wages got lowered from $0.22 cents to $0.20 cents per minute, overtime pretty much is a no go, as their system will not allow you even though they "enable you" to do so.

Calls are non stop now, and when the day is slow, you are lucky to get 5 calls in a day. They removed the health and medical breaks, their adherence management system is broken most of the time, and what you see in your portal is not accurate, as they will bug you for adherence even though you have been sticking to your schedule.

Quality Assurance dpt is a joke, they do as they please, there are no guidelines, if they feel you are messing up, even though you are not, they will mark you down regardless of the guidelines you were given in the training session. For instance, they said in training "you must interpret meaning by meaning, not word by word", some QA SLS wont give a penny and mark you down for not interpreting everything said word by word, some will mark you down for interpreting word by word instead of by meaning, some will mark you down for adding pleasentries, some will tell you not to modify the speech at all. They do not have quality in their job themselves, how does LLS expect them to rate you if they do what the "f" they want, but 3 mark downs and you are fired no questions asked and no warnings, they just block your access all of a sudden and they tell you "you are fired", by email.

Paycheck was getting cut-down as well as per minute compensation by the month, little by little, i started noticing that by the same amount of worload i was getting paid less and less each and every paycheck. Until they silently cut $30 - $35 dls overall in the course of 1 year.

The technical support, if there is any, is the most incompetent and useless department i have dealt with, they take weeks or even months to solve a simple issue, and those they cannot resolve are blatantly blamed on you, like calls with lots of static or low volume, being dropped or getting stuck in the minute counter. This is also markdown by QA apparently, i do not know what are those guys doing fiddling with IT matters. So the chain of command is also non existent, any department a can mess with the each other when it benefits them, when it benefits you they have no way of communicating among them, what a shame.

The career oportunities are null, i was an all-call interpreter for a while then, i got downgraded to customer service only, after it was purchased by Teleperformance.

Also they made me do a durg test 5 cities away because they did not had a partnership with a laboratoryin my area, with the excuse that they will, overtime, have partners in my city. Travelilng there was out of pocket, it was obligatory and i did it because they renewed my first contract; by the way i was unemployed 1 month after they terminated my old contract, due to some unnamed issues and changes within the company policies and structure, if i didn't do the drug test back then, i will be terminated immediately with no chance of re-admission.

I cannot rant about compensations, because there are not any, medical insurance is a joke as well.

My services were not required anymore because there was a bad electric storm in my area and it shut down the grid, for like 4 hours, after which i returned to my regular schedule after submitting a support request accordingly. The day after my access was blocked and they just told me "your services are no longer required, your access has been revoked. LLS" and then they attached a copy of my SLS report saying that i was out of adherence for 4 hours straight and ra ting me as unsatisfactory in customer service and language skills, which has nothing to do with the weather issue at all, i never had an issue in 14 months and they laid me off because of 1 incident which was out of my control totally, so unfair.

Also, the day of the incident, i had an argument with my assigned SLS due to her rating me unfairly and out of guidelines on my QA lateley
    i even read the guidelines to her to show that we are interpreters, not translators. She got mad and had no arguments at the end and said she will escalate that to her supervisor on a very rude way, then the day after i got fired, no second chance or questions asked.

To summarize, this company sucks they only want to squeeze the juice out of you until you are sand-dry, then they throw you away like garbage when they feel like. Just a bunch of rip-offs and profit-maximizing slavers.

Advice to Management

Scott Klein is to Language Line Solutions what Stuart Snyders was to Cartoon Network.

16 Aug 2017 – President and CEO

Though it was difficult to hear, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I am sorry that your experience at LanguageLine Solutions has not matched our intention of being the... More

"Bad Management"

Current Employee - Interpreter/Translator
    Current Employee - Interpreter/Translator

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours when you work from home

Cons

Management is very horrible, like no one is working to answer your question when you need help!

Hired you without let's you know what's pay plan you have, it's like a trap to get in and finally find out have nothing on benefit!

Part-time no benefit at all, only UTO it UNPAID

Payroll not responsibility on incorrect paycheck, they ignore over a week look like didn't want to pay work you work for..

Training & Material are not enough, leader is not response when you need help!

15 Aug 2017 – President and CEO

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to creating a transparent and collaborative environment for all our employees, so I am disappointed to hear about your experiences.
    We value and... More

"Abusive company!"

Former Employee - Interpreter in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Interpreter in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being able to help native speakers.

Cons

Heavy workload, extremely low pay! The pay is close to minimum wage. The people who clean houses make more money than qualified interpreters. What a shame!

Advice to Management

Take care of your interpreters. Please set a realistic pay and don't overload the interpreters with back to back calls.

15 Aug 2017 – President and CEO

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I’m sorry to hear the reasons for the change and I take them to heart. I wish you the best of luck in your new role. The fact that you have left... More

5. "Vietnamese Interpreter"

Current Contractor - Vietnamese Interpreter in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Contractor - Vietnamese Interpreter in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

work from home and flexible schedule

Cons

they don't respect nor value their employees. No support from manager nor company

Advice to Management

consider the hard work from your employees

15 Aug 2017 – President and CEO

Though they are difficult to hear, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I am sorry that your experience at LanguageLine Solutions has not matched our intention of being the... More

6. "poor salary"

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions full-time

Pros

They are constantly hiring through an agency in Peru.

Cons

The payment is really low. $3.50 per hour logged in in which you interprete 55 minutes per each hour.

"Never again!"

Former Employee - Interpreter in San Juan, PR (US)
    Former Employee - Interpreter in San Juan, PR (US)

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I get to work from home.

Cons

Lax management. Lowest wages. Bad communication.

Advice to Management

Listen to all of the complaints & suggestions your employees report.

"all cal interpreter"

Current Employee - All All Interpreter in Monterey, CA (US)
    Current Employee - All All Interpreter in Monterey, CA (US)

Pros

It used to be a nice over the phone interpretation company working on a secure and clear line. Now we work on a laptop with a flaky software and constant technical issues.Very frustrating!

Cons

This new management has no clue about the interpretation business and now has no clue about the technical support needed.On top of all the interpreters do not get paid when they are put on idle time while they work on their problems.So anethical!

Advice to Management

Fire all the decision makers of this Company before they run it to the ground.

SPECIFIC COMPLAINT

"Unreliable Company -bad management"

Former Employee - Medical Interpreter in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Medical Interpreter in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work at home , practice language

Cons

They lay you off suddenly without any warning !! and without reason !!! they bad treat their employee , Don't trust them

Advice to Management

Give 2 weeks prior notice to employee before laying him off , the employee has a rent a responsibility , try to respect him , we work employees not contractor to treat us like that

"Poor/Non existing Management & Tech. Support"

Current Employee - Interpreter in Monterey, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Interpreter in Monterey, CA (US)

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

NONE this used to be a Work in the comfort of home with freedom of moving around. Now Interpreters have been boxed up in front of a computer for 8 Hrs./day movements limited to the length of the cables can hardly stand up or take your headphone off or you might miss a call. You can only stretch or pee on scheduled breaks, in between breaks you have to hold it. Furthermore apart from changing the physical limitations and changing the "Job Description" they have without saying anything stopped paying a performance bonus, instead increase your duties.

Cons

Management non existing, can never talk to one, don't even know if they exist, instead they feed a huge overhead unlimited number of various clerks.
    This is 24hrs. day business spread over several countries but Tec. Support is a 9-5 PCT Monday-Friday so if you have a tech problem mostly due to their equipment/Software you have to suck it up for at least 72 hours, and guess what ? obviously without pay ????

Advice to Management

Change your mentality and culture, pay more attention to the Interpreters the money making folks, reduce Over Head and possibly also several Executive starting from top to bottom.

11. "Interpreter"

Current Contractor - Interpreter
    Current Contractor - Interpreter

Pros

You have a Job! Average volume of calls!

Cons

Low Pay! They expect you to be on the phone when they need or ask for help, but It will not happen unless they boost their pay rate equivalent to the other companies.

Advice to Management

Management needs to motivate interpreters to stay engaged! Apparently they don't care. If management doesn't care, guess what , we interpreters will not care either! There is a ton of good paying companies out there. They don't realize that it all comes down to good pay, pay me good and I will take care of your customers for life!