Liberty Mutual Insurance Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated 15 Sep 2020

3.6
Liberty Mutual Insurance President & CEO David H. Long
David H. Long
2,231 Ratings
Cons

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Job Review"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Training, pay is commission plus base as well as great benefits and perks.

Cons

Hours can be long, and have to deal with other things that distract you from selling.

2. "Great"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, and pretty good atmosphere.

Cons

Work life balance has been an issue lately.

3. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Catastrophe Claims Adjuster in Plano, TX

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits and work environment

Cons

Long hours, horrible customers and tons of claims

4. "N/A"

Current Employee - Senior Test Engineer in Seattle, WA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Keeping up with the industry. Great benefits.

Cons

Management in IT not always technical enough to understand issues and set expectations.

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Claims Customer Service Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits Growth opportunity Work life balance

Cons

Some shifts are outside of standard business hours.

6. "Personal Review"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Agent in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Salary and employees are great! Benefits are ok

Cons

Management and moving around within the company. Will lie and tell you some made up info abt why they didn’t accept you but in reality there were deeper issues. 15 people tried to go to Claims and ALL denied including myself yet I’ve had 3 years work time at Liberty and 2 years of Claims experience as well.

7. "Good benefits, high workload"

Current Employee - Auto Claims Adjuster

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

co workers and manager are awesome, great benefits

Cons

workload very heavy, high expectations, many metrics to meet

8. "It is what it is"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Advisor in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time

Pros

Great benefits, uncapped commissions, great ppl

Cons

Ever climbing sales goals. Changes in pay structure.

"Good company, but it's lost its luster"

Former Employee - Assistant Director, Adv Analytics in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Competitive Salary, Great Benefits, Flexible Work Arrangements

Cons

Sr. Management has had same communicated vision to be top 3 carrier for 10 years with no real progress toward goal. There is are frequent reductions-in-force that frequently are the result not of changing market conditions as senior leadership wants to indicate, but poor planning. As example, the company completely eliminated business analyst positions with their shift to Agile, but did not address in the new agile model who should do that work. This resulted in severe gaps that forced remaining employees to do more work with less resources. The company despite having record profits year over year continues to squeeze expenses using incomprehensible methods. As example, people traveling for work were told they couldn't order breakfast on company dime, while the company would spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to give everyone in the company a small branded item or mailer. Not to mention the well published story that the company spent millions of dollars renovating the CEO's office when he assumed his role in 2012. While salary and benefits are competitive, your success really depends on who your manager is at the company. Some leaders are great and will work hard to recognize talent. Other groups though are decidedly less invested in promoting talent which is discouraging. There are frequent changes in reporting structure due to the constant realignments/reorgs which makes it challenging to not only get work done, but to also advance one's career.

Continue reading

"Not a culture of diversity and inclusion"

2.0
    Former Employee - Claim Team Manager in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits Work life balance is good Work from home

Cons

The leadership that is over the chandler AZ office made it clear that they wanted their leaders to look a certain way. Minority Leaders and reps with high engagement and target metrics have been let go because they didn't fit the mold. Upper leadership more or less searched for a reason to fire.

Continue reading

Liberty Mutual Insurance Response

Talent and Enterprise Services

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. I’m sorry to hear about your experience in Chandler. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment, where all employees can bring their full selves to work and thrive, and it concerns me that you had a different experience. While we have put key programs and initiatives in place to build our foundation in important areas such as unconscious bias awareness and inclusion capabilities, like many Fortune 500 companies, we know we have more work to do and we are committed to doing that work. Liberty Mutual continues to advance our D&I learning opportunities and tools for employees to help us disrupt bias, such as the Race & Ethnicity Collaboration Workshops for managers and Speaker Series for all employees, and Inclusion In Action, a mini-series designed to help all employees further develop their inclusion skills and capabilities. We take these matters very seriously and encourage you to reach out the Liberty Mutual HR Support Center so we can address the issues you raise. -Dawn Frazier-Bohnert SVP, Global Diversity & Inclusion Officer

Found 376 reviews