Live Nation Entertainment Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

3.5
Live Nation Entertainment President, CEO, and Director Michael Rapino
Michael Rapino

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Fun and interesting work environment" (in 49 reviews)

• "You get to attend all live nation shows for free which is an obvious pro for a music lover also the people are fantastic to work with" (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance sucks at the venue level" (in 28 reviews)

• "Long hours on event days, which is expected if you aspire to work with events" (in 55 reviews)

1. "Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment. Access to watch shows. Always something new.

Cons

Long hours on your feet. Not always having regular meal times. Wage could be better.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job!

7 Dec 2017 – Talent & Recruitment Manager

Thanks for your great feedback and score. Speak with your line manager or HR team re regularity of meal times.

2. "Advancing the sector, albeit with limited renumeration packages"

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exciting environment
    Room to grow
    Passionate people genuinely seeking to improve the experience for both the fans and the industry as a whole

Cons

Extremely poor renumeration packages. While this is par for the course though the industry, Live Nation are allowing a lot of talent to slip through their fingers as employers leave to earn higher amounts (at least 50% in most cases) in other sectors. LN might want to consider being the exception to the rule.

Advice to Management

Pay staff what they are worth and perhaps there will be improved staff retention

3. "Great Job!"

Current Employee - VIP Host in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Current Employee - VIP Host in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team , wonderful people and loving customers

Cons

seasonal postion ,weather conditions and the amount of time spent on your feet could get tiring.

"Software Engineer at Live Nation"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Hollywood, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Hollywood, CA (US)

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work culture is pretty laid back and people are pretty friendly.

Cons

Lack of clear direction which complicates planning, execution, anda management of expectations

5. "Tabernacle event staff"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sometimes get to see shows, free tickets if management likes you, most co-workers are really fun to bearound

Cons

Don’t bother working unless you suck up to management, special events are a joke and you will be treated like a trashcan, if you need a day off you have to argue to get it

Advice to Management

You might aswell start over new, most of the management are greedy and only “promote” and listen to those who they fancy

6. "Production Runner - Part Time Seasonal"

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment part-time

Pros

Mainly the whole purpose of the job is acting as a tour guide and personal shopper for the tour visiting the venue. The pros of the jobs are I got to work backstage with all the production and tour managers, as well as, work along side several artists and bands. Great job to work if you are a music major because of all the networking opportunities. Bonus: I was fed 3 meals a day backstage and got to eat with the crew. Extremely flexible. There is no set schedule when you work, they ask you when you want to work/are available to work. No shame/penalties in turning down work either for this job. Depending on the tour needs, sometimes the days were extremely busy and other times I had a lot of down time. Most of the time during down time, I was socializing with everyone backstage to see how they were enjoying their time at the venue or reading a book. Sometimes if I wasn't running errands or picking/dropping off people then I got to go out into the house and watch part of the concert. When running errands, Live Nation will either provide a 15 passenger van to drive or have you drive your personal vehicle with guests in it and LiveNation does pay for gas in both vehicles if you were using both. Don't have to wear the LiveNation uniform. Basically, you can wear what you want as long as its appropriate and not offensive.

Cons

Long hours. Usually I worked a minimum of 12-18 hours each day I got to work. I usually had to be at the venue sometime in the morning (8-9am) and I never knew what time I would get off because of what the needs of the tour were. The earliest I got off was about 11:30pm and the latest was 3:30am. This is a great on the side opportunity, but don't expect to work this job all the time with pay coming in. The job was only durning the summer concert season and I got to work a totally of 5 times the entire summer. It was more like "when we need you" job once a month and usually I was notified the day before to a week in advanced of when they needed me to work. Don't expect to watch the concerts either because you more than likely will be running errands or picking up people during this time. At times, it could be awkward of knowing your place at the venue because of the info meetings going on backstage that management didn't want you to hear, so to get away production runners either hung in the bathroom or the vans they were driving.

6 Nov 2018

Thank you for your comments and giving us a good rating.

7. "It was okay to get some experience"

Former Employee - Usher in Tinley Park, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Usher in Tinley Park, IL (US)

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment (Less than a year)

Pros

I got to listen to music at work and be in the pretense of some awesome artists. I also enjoyed having conversations with fans of artists that I listened to.

Cons

Working late nights wasn't too good for me, I don't feel like I got paid nearly enough for my job, standing for 9 hours in a row was strenuous, cleaning up at the end of the night was annoying, breaks weren't long enough at all, I didn't actually get to watch the shows!!!

Advice to Management

Raise the wages for ushers to at least $9 or $10. Change average break time to at least 30 minutes, I'd like to actually rest my feet.

8. "Usher"

Pros

Environment, people friendly, positive staff

Cons

Work weekends, late nights, clean up trash

6 Nov 2018

Thanks for your comments.

9. "Sponsorship"

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment full-time

Pros

Fun and exciting work environment and get to see all the shows.

Cons

Feel like a satellite office if not in NYC or LA.

6 Nov 2018

Thank you for your rating.

10. "Ticketseller"

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment part-time

Pros

Flexible hours and opportunity for benefits.

Cons

No room for growth and advanced opportunities.

6 Nov 2018

Thank you for your feedback.