Lush Reviews

3.7
Lush CEO Mark Constantine
Mark Constantine
Pros
Cons
  • "Pushy sales technique can make your day stressful if customers are not reactive(in 43 reviews)

• "Management can be biased towards favourite members of staff(in 17 reviews)

1. "Great job!"

I worked at Lush part-time

Pros

Amazing discounts Great people to work with Management really take care of staff Opportunities to progress in company

Cons

Unusual working hours for part time positions

"Great from the outside"

2.0
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant

I worked at Lush part-time

Pros

Good pay, great staff discount

Cons

Company does not look after employees mental health and it is almost impossible to get head office to do anything about bullies within the company

"Lush"

4.0

I have been working at Lush

Pros

Great People, ethical company very trustworthy

Cons

Overly customer service driven

"Racist and Awful at handling it."

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Lush full-time for more than a year

Pros

-decent pay, -50% discount, -floor staff is generally hard working and creative nice people. - I had a really great manager who tried to fight for my voice to be heaard during complaints. (unfortanately, she had no real power and no final say in the matters) -they DO sometimes hire people of different sizes genders, faith and ethnicities. (though don't get your hopes up, you will be the minority) -great place to work if you are a conventially attractive, (or slightly alternative) white "Lushie" who will break your back for, love and defend the company by any means.

Cons

- LUSH gives the impression that they would take complaints about abuse of power, favoritism, and racism seriously and they do not. In my personal experience, Direct Managers, People Support AND the CEO were contacted about such behavior and no resolution or even sincere consolation was recieved by any staff that complained about racist treatment. -Never saw or met a manager or person in an authoratative position that was not white in the 3 countries and 12 locations I've visited and/or worked in. -Was personally not given equal opportunities to progress as my white colleagues -false sense of diversity -It is difficult to recieve a full-time contract with benefits. -I was encouraged to push sales in ways that felt unethical/aggressive. (i.e. told trainers that I had several firends who felt harrassed during their shopping experience, and were nonsconsensually touched by Lush employees and was told "That's just how we make sales" by managers, Also mentioned that people I knew have bought things out of pure pressure and not because they wanted the product....which I think is highly unethical...but it IS a large corporation still so...) -Poor communication amongst managerial staff leading to massive disorganiztion in scheduling and task assignments. -Saw people of color being BULLIED by adult white women in authoratative roles. - MANY of my colleages who were not white shared the similar experience and feelings but did not speak up for fear of losing their jobs. -They expect Lush to be your entire life.

Continue reading

"A company with lots of growth but lacking resources."

Current Employee - Trainee Compounder in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Lush full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company ethics is discussed from purchasing to having vegetarian microwaves. People are lovely and very accepting compared to most other companies I've worked for.

Cons

Systems are old and not very forward thinking, which trickles down to everyday mismanagement and can cause delays and there is very little accountability for it.

Continue reading

"Fun and vibrant retail sales experience"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Assistant in Sydney

I worked at Lush part-time

Pros

Store Managers are always highly supportive and friendly. As retail sales assistants, we are all trained to be friendly and supportive of each other, and cultivate a fun and welcoming environment, to welcome our guests and cater for them in the best way possible. The lovely retail staff are a big reason why this job is fun. This job requires you to learn the details of the products in order to convey them accurately to the consumer. It also requires you to manually demonstrate the product on the consumer or in the shop. This job is great for you to practise thinking on the spot when greeting and dealing with customers. The more sales you make, the more you can get a small monthly bonus.

Cons

Some days, the hours get very long and tiring - it's manual work on your feet for the day after all. As retail sales assistants, we aren't given much of a break time. For a full 8-hour work period, we get 50 minutes break-time - and depending on how many staff are there on the day, it's not as flexible to divide into small breaks to your preference.

7. "LUSH"

Current Employee - Graduate Student in Guildford, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Lush part-time

Pros

Lovely coworkers Great products Better hourly wage than most shops in the area Great employee discount

Cons

Nothing to report for this section.

8. "Really enjoyable work environment"

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Lush part-time for less than a year

Pros

Lush pay London Living Wage within London which is £10.55/h, you get 50% discount on almost everything except knot-wraps and tote bags, but does include spa treatments. A free spa treatment upon employment, and a guaranteed contract. They also provide a free private 24/7 counselling service you can access independently and confidentially which is really nice.

Cons

I found it quite difficult to negotiate more hours on my contract, but I don't know of anyone who has had any issues reducing their hours if that's a problem.

9. "Seasonal Sales Assistant Role"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Manchester, England

I worked at Lush part-time for less than a year

Pros

50% discount on products and spa treatments. Generally a nice atmosphere

Cons

Management can be very pushy - especially around us almost forcing products double the customers budget just to meet targets for the sake of lacklustre customer experience.

10. "Great"

Former Employee - LUSH Sales Assistant in London, England

I worked at Lush full-time

Pros

Good pay and fun environment

Cons

Sales targets are high and busy times

Found 642 reviews