Lyft "rating system" Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Lyft Employee Reviews about "rating system"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "LYFT DRIVER"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

*Work when you want
    *Can get paid instantly
    *Smooth riding

Cons

*POOR RATING SYSTEM! As of today I just got threatened with deativation and i have NO CLUE WHY. It says I have been getting poor ratings but I have not had one complaint or even a feeling that I did something wrong except the minor mess I had a couple of weeks ago from peoples shoes which again was MINOR. I interact with my passengers and also try and make it a nice ride. No one tells me what exactly I am doing wrong that would lead to deactivation so it is hard to know what to improve on exactly.

Advice to Management

You all need to do better on the ratings. And as I am looking at other reviews, I am not the only one, in fact far from it. I have an overall rating of 4.8 but yet being threatened with deactivation and no reason why? Just because the rating was not a 5 does not make the ride horrible. some people dont care what they put, some people put down a 4 thinking it a good ride, some people are just rude and expect to be driving in a celebrity vehicle or something. It's only so much a driver can do. You all need to give drivers a voice to be heard, and a list of feedback as to why the passenger chose the rating they did. It's no point in letting drivers go if they don't even know what the problem is to begin with.

2. "Looks like a lot of fake reviews"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

Alright company but not 5 stars, seems like there had been a surplus of fake reviews the last month or so, kind of discredits the company and Glassdoor

Cons

Ware and tare, long hours, rating system

Advice to Management

Run the company like it should be ran and STOP POSTING FAKE REVIEWS

3. "Driver"

Former Freelancer - Driver in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Former Freelancer - Driver in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at Lyft (More than a year)

Pros

Get to meet all kinds of people, pay can be good if you drive a long time

Cons

Wear and tear on vehicles, horrible rating system, will take customers word over yours in order to gain free rides, staff who deals with deactivations need to do better with due diligence on this matter.

Advice to Management

Have a second chance program for its drivers, listen to them as they are using their own vehicles to take passengers to their destination

"Revise that Rating System!"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

flexible schedule, opportunity to meet interesting people

Cons

poor rating system; inconsistent bonus system

Advice to Management

The rating system as ism is quite unfair. First, it is possible to be rated low for things that are not the driver's fault. For example, I will not run lights to get someone to work on time so they rate me low. Second, I do not think riders understand how the system works. 4 is described as GOOD and 5 is described as EXCELLENT. So a passenger might think that" as long as a person does everything right, I will give them a 4. I should reserve a 5 for people who do something special or go above and beyond. " That is the way that I thought as a passenger. Then, when I became a driver, I learned that if your average drops below 4.6 you could be deactivated. So, if half of my passengers take the term GOOD literally as it relates to a 4, I could lose my earning opportunity. Find another label for 4, obviously, you do not think it is GOOD enough,

5. "Worse company to work for ever"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Lyft as a contractor

Pros

There are no benefits or pros.

Cons

Don't think about their drivers on my think about their passengers their rating system sucks they give u no specific feedback so u can try and improve and don't give u enough time to improve they just cut u from the company instead I wish I had never done it degrading undermining and they make u feel like have no brain or any kind of intelligence!!!

"Unfair rating system for driver"

Current Freelancer - Driver
    Current Freelancer - Driver

I have been working at Lyft (Less than a year)

Pros

Extra small money
    Flexible hours

Cons

-Rating system should be a thumb up or thumb down. For the thumb down, we will not match again. The current system is not fair for drivers because if you drive long enough it will even tually slowly go down. I don’t think its fair for drivers to lose their jobs based on this unfair rating. I was at 4.99 for couple weeks and my week5 I am at 4.94(i know its pretty high but still). I drive a BMW (which is eligible for “premium” booking) to pick up Line and Lyft booking, I keep my car clean at all time, and I am nice to everyone. For some people, 5stars just not exist to show appreciation for drivers when they sit in a nice car with a safe ride for 1/3 less fees than taxi.
    - airport queue problem. Lyft driver app is always broken in that area.

Advice to Management

- I did not get a “no show” fees many times and i had to call Lyft by going to the website. I wish you make that option easier.
    - rating system that i stated above. I dont think 5 stars rating from passenger’s emotion is fair. While you also have either thumb up or thumb down for some area here.

"Rating System - the Truth"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

Flexible work hours
    Not much else to say but that

Cons

Pay is a joke
    The rating system is very broken and confusing.
    Let me elaborate on that. They say it's a 5 star system..... it's not. It's a thumbs up or thumbs down system.
    5 star = thumbs up
    3 or 4 star = thumbs down
    less than 3 = never match me again

Lyft says they want their drivers to hold a 4.8 average, which in terms of thumbs up/down you must have 80% of your riders giving you a thumbs up.
    It's broken because the 5 star system confuses riders into thinking 4 stars is a good rating but in reality it's a thumbs down.

I haven't been working long enough to experience rude/bad riders but after doing some research and looking at the rating system it's unfair, confusing, and broken.

Lyft takes advantage of desperate people needing money and grinds them through this rating system.

Advice to Management

Raise the fares.

Fix the rating system, just move it to a thumbs up or thumbs down system (Because that's BASICALLY WHAT IT IS!).

Let the drivers GET FEEDBACK if they get a thumbs down.

Software options for riders:
    Thumbs up -> give feedback about why
    Thumbs down + option to not match to driver again -> give feedback about why (Let the driver see it, perhaps to protect the riders identity release the feedback randomly sorted each week to the driver or after every X number of rides)

Software options for drivers:
    Thumbs up -> give feedback about why
    Thumbs down + option to not match to rider again AND/OR report damage -> give feedback about why

THAT'S IT! Get to work

"No respect for Drivers"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

Make your own hours
    Nice side income

Cons

Rating System
    No transparency for drivers
    Very bad passengers

Advice to Management

Actually listen to your drivers.
    Do not terminate for a violation of terms without a voice support.
    Eliminate Long wait times for response, especially when it’s the drivers livelihood at stake.

"Poor Pay, Rude Passengers, Disposable Drivers"

Current Freelancer - Driver in Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Freelancer - Driver in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Lyft (More than a year)

Pros

Work your own hours
    Potential to have decent people in vehicle
    Possible Decent pay if Lyft didn't treat your areas rates like a third world country

Cons

Passengers are uneducated to State laws and Rules of Lyft - They think its ok to .....
    Not wear a seatbelt(yes even in the back where people die as well)
    Have babies not in car safety seats(violates state laws) Im tired of hearing "other drivers allow it"
    Open Alcohol, open no lid drinks.
    Its ok to sit and kick things like back of seat, dash, Rear Air conditioning unit.
    Its ok to have kids running on our car seats with their shoes
    They can come into a vehicle and tear it up and expect not hear anything from driver.
    Driver is rated poorly for almost anything (Not giving passenger free things for the almost free ride they get. Asking for seatbelts, asking for no open drinks or food, child safety seats. A driver that follows rules and laws many times is attacked.
    Passengers just rate drivers bad for fun or to try and get free lyft coupons
    When passengers book a ride on the passenger app lyft does not post basic rules and educate them (Seatbelts, child seats, opene alcohol, illegal drugs, respect driver....). Lyft leave the dirty work to the driver. On the phone they always tell me what I need to tell passnngers and they always tell me Lyft will not compensate drivers for any police issues because passengers are not in seatbelts or have illegal substances....how nice.
    Passengers are allowed to mock and insult drivers. I have basic laws and rules of state and lyft posted and smart mouth rude passengers get in and say " Soooo many Rules in here"
    Passengers are not required to have a correct name in app or a real picture. Ive had names like "Z" and "Cellphone" passengers all lied and thought it was funny. Passengers use pictures of cartoon characters or celebrities....or none
    Drivers pictures remain in a ride history on the "passengers app" yet there is no pictures or any info on the drivers app stored...how hypocritical
    Rating system is terrible 4.6 out of 5 and driver is considered banned for termination...seriously on amazon a product that is 4.6 is amazing and if you read the bad its probably for someone that had no clue or does not make sense.
    Drivers cannot get help on what was said bad and from who - Lyft says" use this as something constructive to learn from" Imagine being in school and the teacher telling you you failed the test but not why?????? Lyft also does not seem to want eveidence for passenger crimes.
    Passengers can rate days and weeks after- So think before leaving the passenger a true feedback...they will see driver rated them poor and retaliate . Drivers can only rate immediatly after the drop
    App - is like they just went into business. Does not show drivers destination until after pickup. Does not have filters. Plus divers are forced to still receive Standard lyft rides. How they expect us to drive with non gas efficient vehicles for $3 standard pay is beyond me. The website is deceptive showing a lincoln navigator and the ability to select the ride types that come in. This is Only true for that car. Plus cars cannot select plus only like with the other rideshare comapny
    As a driver in orlando the fare charges are a disgrace. The area is loaded with cabs getting $2.50+ per minute(yes per minute) Airport runs to and from Disney in taxi cost people $65-$107 on this app driver may get $17....what a Joke( of course you have to subtract $3-$6 for tolls from it and 2 gallons gas depending if you drive back to original pickup so whats left for 1 hour drive time$6?). Theme parks and hotels charging hundreds per night, raise prices year over year. Huge money poors in daily and these Lyft prices are for a third world country.
    Navigation...again behind the times you get google maps or waize....both have poor visuals of roads lane changes and signs...my garmin from 8 years ago is way better but sadly not connected
    Tipping ... sadly without it most rides are not profitable - Lyft app should have a filter for drivers to ignore known non tippers. Known Tippers should get a free ride from lyft or a bonus. Play the same baby games drivers get with boosts and driving bnuses with passengers. Tip 5 drivers get a free ride on lyft
    Rates again are a shame. They should stop with extreme surge pricing like 150-400% and raise the base rate to a normal price. Standard lyft should be no lower then $1 per mile.
    Commisions again a problem. 25%...on top of the flat app fees they collect....That sould be no more then 15%
    Customer support - You have to call many times to get the response you need. Manywill say they cant do something even though you have had it done 40 times in the past. lyft seems to always be "testing new features"
    Luggage - lyft needs a service that cuts back on passengers so luggage can fit- A 4 seat ride cannot store 6 bags as well. Either the passenger app should ask bag amount questions or just take standard lyft and call it luggage ( a 4 seat ride turns into 2 passenger)
    Lyft baby seat Family ..... Do they think Orlando has no kids?
    $5 cancelation fee/mimimum pay - its more profitable then many rides. Example I pulled up, people had baby, said I have no car seat they said ok and I started driving away. A man yeled I will still take ride. Ok I drove him...Was paid $4.24....the cancel fee would of been more...no gas, time and loading hassle. Minimum driver pay should be $7

Advice to Management

Listen to drivers

"Driving for Lyft"

Current Freelancer - Driver in Tampa, FL (US)
    Current Freelancer - Driver in Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at Lyft (More than a year)

Pros

Provides opportunity to make money according to Driver's schedule. Some of its features for the Drivers (Destination filter, Scheduled Rides, Filtering for Bad Rider/Driver ratings) are executed better than your competition.

Cons

1) Seems overly sensitive to comments from riders, even when contradictory. The rating system needs to be improved. Your competition's rating system is much better.
    2) Has connection problems between system and Drivers - areas of limited coverage, especially when compared to Uber.
    3) Like your competition, it has added fees to the Rider's bill without increasing the Driver's income.
    4) It has a higher cancellation rate (from its riders) than its competition.
    5) Poor communication between company and Drivers.

Advice to Management

Your rating system, though better in one respect than your competition's, is worse than your competition's. I drive for both of the companies and yet my ratings are off by a significant factor when one is compared to the other. I have complained to Support about your poor connection coverage before when I was just driving for Lyft. When I started driving for your competition, it, comparatively, became worse. There are obvious communication/management problems within your company that keep it from being a more desirable company to work for. If it really is to become the best, it needs to fix its own problems before just hoping the bulge under the carpet doesn't get too big to ignore.

Showing 72 of 1,599 reviews