Find jobs for Investment Banking Analyst

1. "Good place to wirk"

5.0
    Current Employee - Investment Banking Analyst in Melbourne

I have been working at Macquarie Group full-time

Pros

Good compensation and good experience

Cons

Long hours and can be toigh

2. "Investment Banking Analyst"

5.0
    Investment Banking Analyst in Perth, Western Australia
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Macquarie Group

Pros

Excellent remuneration, exciting and dynamic work environment

Cons

Long hours, challenging work and limited opportunities in Perth

3. "-"

4.0
    Former Intern - Investment Banking Summer Analyst in London, England

I worked at Macquarie Group

Pros

Nice and friendly people at work

Cons

Not much to be very honest

4. "Review"

4.0
    Current Intern - Investment Banking Summer Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Macquarie Group for less than a year

Pros

liked the virtual internship experience

Cons

was difficult to network and learn

5. "Enjoyed the experience, but they left me out to dry"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Investment Banking Summer Analyst

I worked at Macquarie Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Strong commitment to best practices and very good at encouraging global communication

Cons

They left their interns out to dry for a month with radio silence while recruiting was in full swing, only to give a small percent return offers

6. "OK"

I have been working at Macquarie Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Better than other banks in terms of culture, but still has a lot of room for improvement

Cons

They really do work you really hard

7. "Disappointing"

1.0
    Former Employee - Investment Banking Analyst in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Macquarie Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work-life balance, good out of office events, not much more

Cons

Bonuses way below other M&A banks, practically no training for juniors from seniors and bad learning curve, very low quality and small deals, no growth in recent years, invasive corporate culture

April 27, 2020Macquarie Group

We’re sorry to read about some of your experiences at Macquarie. We aim to ensure that the employee experience is positive for everyone and are committed to helping our people grow and progress during their time with us. We would welcome an opportunity to further discuss your feedback and encourage you to reach out to HRServicedesk@macquarie.com and we will arrange a time to speak.

8. COVID-19

"Poor, toxic work culture"

2.0

I have been working at Macquarie Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free food & snacks, fitness reimbursement

Cons

MDs turn a blind eye to continued unprofessional conduct by middle management/staffers. Junior members of teams are constantly chastised for reasons completely unrelated to work product. Despite demonstrated ability to work hard, analysts are looked down upon. Absolutely zero consideration for respecting PTO, funerals, and even serious personal illness; IB industry is notorious for this, but it is especially pronounced here. Certain group-level enforcement (along with corporate endorsement) of "business-as-usual" with zero flexibility for remote work despite Coronavirus concerns, for example, are clear examples of how little the firm cares about the well-being of its employees.

April 19, 2020Macquarie Group

We’re sorry to read about some of your experiences at Macquarie. We aim to ensure that the employee experience is positive for everyone, and the health and wellbeing of our people is at the forefront of our business decisions. We would welcome an opportunity to further discuss your feedback and encourage you to reach out to your HR team member, or alternatively you can raise concerns anonymously through the Integrity Office.

"DO NOT COME HERE - TOXIC CULTURE WITH TERRIBLE MANAGERS"

1.0

I have been working at Macquarie Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Free chips and drinks on Friday afternoon (the only perk trust me)

Cons

I was a summer intern, and during my internship, thought this was a great place, couldn't believe that IB could be so great - came back full-time and realized we were merely baited into coming back and things here are actually terrible and everything that was put on during the summer was just a facade. Terrible culture, with terrible managers who perpetuate it, create unnecessary work, and like to create "new" projects that have no value add to the company in terms of revenue generation. People will hound you with calls and emails and make you work even if you're sick with a high fever. People in the firm generally gossip a lot, so whenever you make a small mistake, you'll see 2-3 people jump into a conference room and start laughing about you. Lots of snakey people who do nothing but bring people down. Staffer doesn't know how to be encouraging or lift people up, or even give feedback in a constructive manner. Senior managers just think everyone is a happy camper, and really do not know what is truly going on in the group, which is pretty sad because they are the nicest people in the group. Overall, terrible place with terrible people, do not come here - you will regret it fully.

January 16, 2020Macquarie Group

We’re sorry to read about your experience at Macquarie. We’re committed to fostering a supportive environment that allows our employees space to develop and grow their careers. We would welcome an opportunity to further discuss your experience, please reach out to HRServicedesk@macquarie.com and we will arrange a time to speak.

10. "Great Experience"

Current Intern - Investment Banking Summer Analyst

I have been working at Macquarie Group

Pros

1. Great Culture 2. Competitive Pay

Cons

2. Fewer Live Transactions than other middle markets firms

Viewing 1 - 10 of 31 English Reviews