Find jobs for Marketing

MapR Technologies Marketing Reviews

Updated 1 Mar 2019

MapR Technologies CEO John Schroeder
John Schroeder

"I joined MapR 2 years ago and have no regrets"

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing in London, England

I have been working at MapR Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employees are treated well and equally. The Executive team are "normal" people who talk to you. The company try to keep employees informed, with a super friendly culture. Colleagues are very supportive, with great knowledge and experience, not just in EMEA, but throughout the organisation - from my colleagues at HQ in Santa Clara, to those I have met during our Sales Kick-Offs in the U.S. Working in sales / marketing, the product is fundamental to my pride at work and career prospects within an organisation. Since joining MapR I have met multiple clients from a variety of industries and the all have been extremely happy with the product and service delivered. My job allows me to be part of an exciting hyper-growth journey at MapR - it is a great time to be at MapR!

Cons

When a company is growing there will be growing pains and certain challenges. But that also makes MapR and exciting place to work and keeps my job interesting. Each day brings new challenges, but if you are prepared to work hard, then the satisfaction of genuinely contributing to the success of a business outweighs any negatives.

Continue reading
  2. "MapR is a place for influencers"

Current Employee - Technical Marketing Engineer in Remote, OR

I have been working at MapR Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Mapr is a place for influencers. The kind of people who work at MapR and have grown to become experts in data management and data science, and they're pushing the envelope to make a data platform that performs faster, scales better, and is easier to manage. They are sophisticated people who think about analytics differently because they take for granted how the MapR platform reduces the barriers that often block people from harnessing value from their data. Important companies are using MapR to build applications that do amazing things with data. That exposure to the cutting-edge of analytics and machine learning is what gives people at MapR a unique perspective in today's data driven world. It's great to be part of an organization that plays such a central role in so many marketable skills, like machine learning and data science. Another nice thing: the MapR culture embraces work/life balance. People take full advantage of the unlimited PTO policy. Managements treats us like professionals, so there is a lot of trust.

Cons

Too many people leave MapR. They learn really marketable skills, then understandably, use them to find new jobs with higher salaries.

"Challenging environment to grow skills and career"

Marketing in San Jose, CA

I have been working at MapR Technologies

Pros

- A lot of freedom to learn and do what I am interested in - Team of incredibly smart people - Challenging high-energy work environment - Chance to build the future of an new industry

Cons

- It's not easy and not everyone can handle the fast pace

"Smart people building an amazing product"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Jose, CA

I have been working at MapR Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

MapR has a great executive staff that knows how to build out a product and a company. Business model is excellent which allows the Board to minimize dilution. There is a lot of good energy, good ideas and lots of opportunity to shine. Everyone is very approachable, including founders John Schroeder and M. C. Srivas. Management is very supportive - but given the talent at MapR, you really should trust everyone to do their job and then some! And I have to say that IT always has a smile and time to help.

Cons

The no frills office space is comical at times. Tiny work spaces, not enough conference rooms, and a small espresso machine and 10 cup coffee maker per 100 people can irritate on crazy busy days. The sparse office perks and a north SJ commute definitely aren't ideal. Public transit options are very limited. Company meetings outside of business hours are also odd.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 4 reviews