MapR Technologies Territory Sales Director Reviews

Updated 13 Sep 2017

MapR Technologies CEO John Schroeder
John Schroeder
0 Rating

"incredibly enjoyable and incredibly challenging"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Director in Detroit, MI

I have been working at MapR Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. industry is incredibly interesting 2. solution is simply the best (I actually sang that. is that a tag line for some company already?) 3. growth - Look around you and you'll see data, bigdata, ai, ml, IoT, etc are everywhere and growing 4. Smart people - I am incredibly humbled when I speak to those around me. I consider myself intelligent and I love to learn/read but man...these people are hard to keep up with 5. helpful this industry, not just this company, has the ability to make incredibly positive impacts to our world; not just our respective home countries. this can help gov's be better, more relevant, more altruistic... just more... instead of how we feel about them today. this can help us live to 140. this can help eliminate crime. this can help live be easier and giving people the ability to do what they love vs what brings home the money to provide for their families although smart even our cio/cto/ceo/cro respond to questions by little old us helping with technical knowledge or industry business insight 6. my direct manager - he cares, is genuine, smart, hard working and makes you want to work hard for him but also lets you have a balanced life to be a good parent, friend, husband, etc.

Cons

1. If you want a job that is easy and doesn't force you to learn then look elsewhere 2. Too much MapR social media vs industry Social insights 3. Although I have seen a change in 1 year the familiarity with MapR is still low. I ran in to one of our largest "partners" the other day and he had no clue who we were. not we are a late stage startup and that is our job in sales so I get it but it's still a valid con

Continue reading
  2. "Great place to work and great technology"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at MapR Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

The technology is great and the people at MapR are very talented. It doesn't feel like a small company and there is a lot of resources available for training to get ramped up quickly. The leadership team is very strong and MapR is gaining more and more momentum everyday.

Cons

Most enterprise accounts have chosen a Hadoop platform provider and lumps MapR into that category, though MapR is highly differentiated. The challenge is showing the technology's strengths that go way beyond just Hadoop distribution.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 2 reviews