Mckenzie Holland Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Full-timePart-time

3.6
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Business Mentorship"

I worked at Mckenzie Holland full-time

Pros

The people who I worked with for the period I was there were incredibly influential on my knowledge of business and start ups, I have never really had that kind of mentorship before in my life.

Cons

We worked pretty long hours compared to what I am used to but the information I got was worth it

Advice to Management

Keep up the good mentorship!

2. "Get ahead in life!"

Former Employee - National Sales Manager
    Former Employee - National Sales Manager

Pros

-Extensive sales knowledge
    -Approachable & helpful management staff
    -Entrepreneurial view on the world
    -Training and development through the whole program
    -Ability to work autonomously
    -Great atmosphere and positive culture/people to work for
    -Represent biggest clients in the world

Via my relationships built at Mckenzie Holland and the entrepreneurial skills/achievements learned I have moved into another industry as a National Sales Manager for a leading sport brand.
    I will be forever grateful for their effortless one-on-one training and mentoring that helped me secure a career for the rest of my life.

Cons

Some Saturday work
    Clientele Travel
    Parking access in surry hills

Advice to Management

Keep it real

"Good Work Experience"

I worked at Mckenzie Holland part-time

Pros

- Good mentorship and training & good people
    - Great positive environment
    - Social
    - Nice office

Cons

- No parking
    - Hard work

"Very misleading, and dishonest."

Pros

Office looks great, full of energetic people, very close walk to central station

Cons

I walked out at start of field trip '2nd interview' $0 base, 100% commission pay, they will avoid that subject too! Door to door sales after using public transport.

Advice to Management

Be honnest, dont waste people's time. Dont falsely advertise on seek what you cant deliver.

5. "Rewarding and Supportive"

Current Employee - Crew Manager in Melbourne
    Current Employee - Crew Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Mckenzie Holland full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Personal and professional growth is encouraged with regular clinics and one-on-one mentoring. Help is always available, you only have to ask. So many of the skills learnt in this role carry over into every day life. It is up to each person how far they want to go and how quickly. It's a great place to start to gain experience for whatever you do in the future, in this business or the next. I've been lucky enough to go on business trips around Victoria and NSW which keeps it exciting. I also enjoy working in a team of like-minded people who are fun and motivated.

Cons

Sometimes the travel arrangements are a bit messy so we end up wasting time.
    We aren't allowed to make too much noise because there are other offices nearby. In a young and fun environment this is fairly challenging.

Advice to Management

Time for a bigger office. I think we have almost outgrown this one.
    Paintball for the Christmas Party?

20 Jan 2016 – CEO

Thank you for sharing your experiences with Mckenzie Holland.

It's brilliant to see that you are really making the most of the opportunities we offer and learning new skills, a big part of our... More

6. "Challenges your resiliency, but worth it!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Saint Kilda, Victoria
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Saint Kilda, Victoria

I worked at Mckenzie Holland full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Extremely positive work environment. Everyone was so welcoming, and they helped you to do well if even I was struggling with something (no negative nancys)
    - Progression opportunity. I've worked in hospitality and education before and the progression opportunity was a big drawcard for me, especially given my only real sales experience was in high school at the cafeteria!
    - It's helped a lot with my general confidence when talking to people outside of work and in my day to day life

Cons

- Parking was limited and a battle. Ended up using underground parking which was $10-12 a day.
    - Didn't know I need to dress so formal! I had never worn a suit before so had to go and buy a couple of them

Advice to Management

The morning music was always dance music - can't we get some heavy rock?

27 Nov 2015 – CEO

Thank you for sharing your review of Mckenzie Holland, it's great to see that you're enjoying the work environment and share our positive outlook!

I'm so pleased that you feel as though your... More

7. "Great young company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Pros

For this kind of work the earning potential is huge. The manager is open to ideas and rewards for being innovative, which in turn enhances personal development and the need to succeed. The staff seem really ambitious and fun which leads to a really social hard working environment. The company has an open door policy which enables new starters to get on and move up he ladder.

Cons

It is long hours, but if you work hard you are rewarded well and I have been able to travel which has been fun. I wish you didn't have to wear a suit though ! The office is in he City centre with no parking which I find costly.

Advice to Management

Let us have more chill down days and subsidise parking or get a car park

27 Nov 2015 – CEO

Than you for your review of Mckenzie Holland!

We pride ourselves not only on being open to new ideas, but also on our commitment to helping others succeed so reviews such of yours are always... More

8. "Instills Hard Word"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Melbourne
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Melbourne

Pros

Great motivational speakers, encouraging and helpful. Great potential for earning good salary and quite a sociable company. Makes you want to be more ambitious to achieve more for self satisfaction and appreciation

Cons

Can be a bit repetitive, long hours and not always the best journeys to and from work. The lack of on site parking can be an issue and needs to be addressed. Need to put the hours in to achieve results, when you are tired you don't feel like it.

Advice to Management

Probably need to reword the job description as not clear what you are signing up for, more training on good sells techniques. More thought on wording of adverts

20 Jan 2016 – CEO

Thank you for your review of Mckenzie Holland, it's always great to hear from someone who understands our commitment to hard work and recognises the opportunities for skills development.

We value... More

9. "Good experience"

I worked at Mckenzie Holland full-time

Pros

I enjoyed working at Mckenzie because it was a really social environment with a lot of support despite it being hard work. They foster entrepreneurial mind-sets which is exciting to see from a company.

Cons

Sometimes the atmosphere is a bit cheesy but this is to creative a positive environment.

Advice to Management

The business trips to other cities and locations are often 5+ days which is hard for me and my children.

20 Jan 2016 – CEO

Thank you for your review of Mckenzie Holland.

We really believe in the power of an engaging social environment and think work should be fun, so it's heartening to see that you enjoyed this... More

"Not truthful about Employee"

Pros

Good environment, good people, good location

Cons

Was not true with their advertising about marketing and sales, basically door-to-door sales.

26 Jan 2016 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of working with us.
    We’re pleased to see that you found the working environment enjoyable; however I’m sorry that there were certain aspects... More