MedExpress Urgent Care Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

MedExpress Urgent Care Reviews

Updated 5 Oct 2019

3.1
MedExpress Urgent Care CEO Jonathan Walker (no image)
Jonathan Walker
Pros
  • "You are able to work 12 hour shifts so you only have to work 3 days a week(in 42 reviews)

• "3 day work week, great co-workers, snacks provided, you can leave during lunch(in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours (12 hour shifts), extra responsibilities not in contract due to lazy management (center manager), little pay increase, too much focus on NPS(in 25 reviews)

• "Low pay, no work life balance, little opportunity for development and growth(in 17 reviews)

"An Ok Place To Work"

Current Employee - Front Office Assistant

I have been working at MedExpress Urgent Care part-time

Pros

Boss is really great and understanding. Actually listens and tries to help. Flexible with schedules. He often buys us lunch or snacks. Long shifts but it is mostly sitting down and not strenuous work. We are allowed to use our phones when there is no other work to do. There are definitely paths to move up the ladder if wanted.

Cons

There are definitely cliques in my workplace. Depending on who you work with that day, you may have an easy and enjoyable shift where the others talk and help. Or you may get absolute quiet and them ignoring you for 12 hours. A lot of the patients are rude and unwilling to listen when we try to help. I only stay here because it's easy money and I only work one day a week.

MedExpress Urgent Care2019-10-03

October 3, 2019Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your comments. Our team is very valuable to us here at MedExpress, and we value your candid feedback.

2. "Started out great but went downhill"

I worked at MedExpress Urgent Care

Pros

Helping people get care they need when they need

Cons

Low pay, no work life balance, little opportunity for development and growth

Advice to Management

Get new management that cares about the business and employees

MedExpress Urgent Care2019-10-05

October 7, 2019Recruitment Marketing Specialist

We appreciate you sharing this with us. If you would like to discuss further, could you please send us an email at HRfeedback@medexpress.com with the location(s) you work at and any additional feedback?

3. "Med assistant"

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Bridgeport, WV

I have been working at MedExpress Urgent Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learn a lot, friendly atmosphere

Cons

Very fast pace, things aren't where they need to be

Advice to Management

They're great

MedExpress Urgent Care2019-09-18

September 19, 2019Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for sharing. At MedExpress, our people are our most valuable assets. We’re proud of our dynamic culture and great work environment where all backgrounds are welcome and appreciated!

4. "Call center agent"

I worked at MedExpress Urgent Care full-time

Pros

Got to work from home, health benefits, PTO, got to work on the projects.

Cons

Incoming calls, no help after 4:30pm, Q&A are unrealistic, ask patients too many questions, angry customers, untrained staff at clinics.

Advice to Management

Don't cross train without offering a pay increase. Hire more people to take the bulk off the late hour workers, not fair.

MedExpress Urgent Care2019-09-11

5. "Hard Work no pay"

Current Employee - FOA in Selinsgrove, PA

I have been working at MedExpress Urgent Care full-time for less than a year

Pros

My Center manager is amazing and I like my clinical staff most of the time

Cons

Constantly overworked. High turn over rate due to lack of payment or not enough pay. Raises are only a few CENTS a year! Honestly 11/hr is not enough

Advice to Management

Give the Front Office staff that actually works their butts off a decent living wage and some incentive to stay.

MedExpress Urgent Care2019-09-21

September 23, 2019Recruitment Marketing Specialist

"Corporate changes creating low morale"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at MedExpress Urgent Care full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible day schedule, 3 days a week. Decent benefits

Cons

Too many changes too fast, most not for the better. Staffing has become worse, not enough providers for volume many days.

Advice to Management

Listen to staff. Patient satisfaction is only part of the picture. Training new employees because of turnover is costing you more than extra money, it's costing you great employees.

MedExpress Urgent Care2019-09-17

September 19, 2019Recruitment Marketing Specialist

We’re sorry to hear about your frustration. If you want to provide us with further details, please send us an email at HRfeedback@medexpress.com. We look forward to continuing the conversation at your convenience.

"Micromanaged out the door!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA

I worked at MedExpress Urgent Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My team, working remotely, flexibility.

Cons

Micromanaged to the point of lunacy. Having FMLA rights violated repeatedly. No team trust from leadership. Hostile work environment when in the office.

Advice to Management

Please review FMLA laws with your directors. Make sure when hiring smart people, you trust them to do the work they were hired to do. There is no need to micromanage people simply because they have a different work style. It’s pathetic and insulting.

MedExpress Urgent Care2019-09-19

September 20, 2019Recruitment Marketing Specialist

"RN"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Totowa, NJ

I worked at MedExpress Urgent Care part-time for less than a year

Pros

Staff except management, free snacks

Cons

Management, scheduling, corporate atmosphere, standard of care.

Advice to Management

Before expecting a standard of care and commitment. Set the standard for care and commitment. Branch managers should lead by example. When you show little to no interest in employee work relations, how could any employee want to work for you.

MedExpress Urgent Care2019-09-14

9. "Growing pain"

Current Employee - Physician Assistant

I have been working at MedExpress Urgent Care full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

flexible schedule, good work-life balance

Cons

you are only a number and your opinion doesn't matter

Advice to Management

learn to value people

MedExpress Urgent Care2019-08-12

August 13, 2019Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for sharing this with us. If you’d like to discuss further, please send an email to HRfeedback@medexpress.com with the location you work at and any additional information.

"Consistently understaffed"

Current Employee - Clinician in Richmond, VA

I have been working at MedExpress Urgent Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay Team atmosphere Ability to refer Autonomy

Cons

Understaffed Unqualified Center managers with no medical background Money hungry Not patient centered Insurance is terrible

Advice to Management

Become patient centered Have a full staff at least most times AS YOU ADVERTISE Take care of your staff Advise AMD not to backbite other providers

MedExpress Urgent Care2019-08-03

August 5, 2019Recruitment Marketing Specialist

We appreciate you sharing this feedback with us. If you’d like to continue the conversation and share more about your employment experience, please email HRfeedback@medexpress.com with the location you worked at and any additional information.

Found 384 reviews