MediaMath Employee Reviews about "company is growing"

Updated 18 Mar 2016

3.7
MediaMath CEO Joe Zawadzki
Joe Zawadzki
Pros
  • "They trust in their employees, and the work/life balance is really good(in 63 reviews)

• "There are so many nice and smart people and teams you'll get to work with and meet(in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • "All good problems - the company is growing so quickly that the dynamic environment can be hard to manage(in 14 reviews)

• "This is a bigger issue than just growing pains(in 11 reviews)

Reviews about "company is growing"

Return to all Reviews

"Great Place to Learn"

5.0

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

Wide open, entrepreneurial environment. Get back what you put in, learn and apply the latest in big-data and cloud technology.

Cons

Organizational growth challenges. All good problems - the company is growing so quickly that the dynamic environment can be hard to manage.

Continue reading

"Mixed bag, but overall good"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at MediaMath full-time

Pros

MediaMath is a dynamic company in a dynamic industry so regardless of what role you're in at the company, you have a lot of responsibility and a lot is expected of you. So there are tons of opportunities to learn. The culture is laid back in terms of dress code and hours. As long as you get your job done, there's no need for face time. And the people are generally nice. People generally seem to be pretty enthusiastic about working there. One great perk was that people actually took their vacations. The company has an unlimited vacation policy which sounds great, but in reality, that means that people don't take a lot of vacation. But it wasn't because of the company policies. In fact, when people took vacation, it was generally respected and not a big deal.

Cons

One huge con is that there are no women in leadership positions, and women are paid less and treated differently (ie, currently only 2 women in management). For example, there was a reorganization of the engineering teams, where groups were broken into tribes to support products. 6 of the 8 tribes were managed by men, and 2 by women. The men all had VP titles and the women were project managers. Many women told me that they had concrete evidence of being paid below their male peers. In general, the company pays well below market compared to its peers. On top of low pay, they require that you sign a non-compete when joining so that you can't go to another company in the same industry that would pay you more. With any fast growing company, you sometimes don't get the best talent, and the company's really bad at training people. This meant that sometimes you didn't have competent people but it wasn't really their fault. As with lots of startups/tech companies, there's lots of disorganization, but the HR department had a particularly bad rep. It seemed that everyone who had any contact with HR was frustrated with that team.

MediaMath Response

September 9, 2015Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are certainly proud of the pros that you’ve outlined—a culture where people are happy, and one that respects vacation and work-life balance Training has been a major focus of our leadership since 2012, when we founded the New Marketing Institute. We take pride in knowing that we can prepare new employees to work in our space while continuously providing professional development for all of our employees. It’s true that we’ve had to reorganize many teams as we’ve grown rather quickly over the past eight years. We recognize that diversifying not only the leaders of the company, but the entire organization is an area where we can improve. MediaMath’s population ranks high overall in gender diversity within the tech community, however, gender diversity is something our industry as a whole struggles with. While we haven’t resolved the issue yet, our commitment towards improvement has shown in numbers. Over 1/3rd of our company leaders (Director or above roles) are currently held by women. Earlier this year, eight out of our ten hires for our Marketing Engineering Program, our flagship rotational training program, in the U.S. were female. We recognize that these are small steps forward but we see the future for diversity within the tech industry as very promising and we’re excited to be part of this positive change.

3. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Marketing Engineer in London, England

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Marketing Engineer Programme is a fantastic way to enter the programmatic field. The programme is full of insightful learnings and partner visits, and the company works really hard to empower the MEP's to operate well beyond the industry standards. The teams are very approachable, and everyone has a very friendly and collaborative outlook towards each other. The culture of the company is the best I've ever seen allowing to build strong and rewarding relationships and invigorating team work.

Cons

The is a need for more space, as the the company is growing so fast!

"Working at MediaMath is absolutely the best professional decision I have made."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for more than a year

Pros

awesome office work perks like massages, snacks galore, and we always have fun while we work!

Cons

The company is growing and sometimes communication breaks down.

Continue reading

"Great People: hard working, innovative, accountable"

Current Employee - Sales Director in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people we work with at Adroit Digital are great. Everyone works together as a team to move campaigns in a forward momentum with performance at its core. People want to stay late after work just to hang out with each other - that says a lot!

Cons

As a growing company, expectations can be set high!....But we really work hard and will definitely thrive.

"Adroit Digital offers an exciting, fast paced, rewarding work place!"

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for less than a year

Pros

Every day is filled with great ideas, lively discussions, and humor. The Adroit Digital culture allows people to ask questions and to learn quickly. We say that people make the difference and here it's really true. I think what I like best about working at Adroit is that it's fun to educate our friends, customers, and future employees about the benefits of digital marketing. We have data that works, audiences that matter, and the best teams making it all happen!

Cons

The company is growing so quickly that we are running out of room for new hires. Sometimes we have to play musical chairs so that new team members can be sitting by their team members. Great news though, we will be moving to World Trade 4 next year where there will be plenty of room!

Continue reading

"Great Place to Work for"

4.0
    Current Employee - Operations in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a great place to start a career. Motivating peers. Hard work always acknowledged. Fun and exciting. Fast paced industry which makes this a great learning environment.

Cons

We are still a growing company being just a year old so the work load can be a bit overwhelming but always rewarding.

8. "Great people to work with and for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone at Adroit Digital is passionate and driven to succeed within the workplace. Questions are always welcome! Management is helpful and considerate to work-life balance. Culture is amazing! There are events in and out of the office to address team bonding everything from Halloween costume parties, to a Friday Social Salsa class to Softball tournament.

Cons

Finding the time to take off. Since this is a growing company, working at Adroit means you are constantly busy and it's difficult to feel that there is an appropriate time to take your unlimited vacation policy.

"Great company and great people!"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for less than a year

Pros

When I joined MediaMath, I was amazed by how welcoming and open its employees are. You will be integrated quickly and you will get interesting projects to work on with a lot of responsibilities. The work-life balance is exceptional: as long as the work is done, you are free to organize your time between office and home, work and time-off, etc.

Cons

As a very fast-growing company, MediaMath sometimes needs more structure to be efficient. Getting information on existing features / projects can be challenging as you have to discuss with a lot of people.

Continue reading

"tons of responsibility & opportunity, great work/life balance"

Current Employee - Sales/Marketing Side in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay is good, the unlimited paid time off policy is awesome. Best work/life balance of any company I've worked for. It's very family friendly, which really struck me when I interviewed. Tons of photos of "MediaMath babies" on the walls, and excitement around new moms and dads coming back from their mat/pat leave. Fun company parties like karaoke, world cup parties, that kind of thing. Expectations are really high, and there's lots of freedom (and expectation) that you'll figure out how to accomplish whatever tasks have been set out. It's great for personal growth that way. They take a very pro-active approach to employee feedback. There's a company-wide satisfaction survey every 6 months, and they not only share the results with everyone, but create real action plans around places of dissatisfaction. It's not ignored or hidden.

Cons

The office spaces in NYC are sufficient and usable, but nothing glamorous (at least not yet! will change when we get our new headquarters next spring!). Chicago is building out a new office, which will be gorgeous. The company is growing pretty fast, so there's the typical "who owns what / stepping on toes" dance that seems to always happen during times of fast growth.

Found 14 reviews