MediaMath Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 24 Jun 2020

3.7
MediaMath CEO Joe Zawadzki
Joe Zawadzki
Pros
  • "They trust in their employees, and the work/life balance is really good(in 63 reviews)

• "There are so many nice and smart people and teams you'll get to work with and meet(in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • "All good problems - the company is growing so quickly that the dynamic environment can be hard to manage(in 14 reviews)

• "This is a bigger issue than just growing pains(in 11 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Learned a lot but very little work/life balance"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY

I worked at MediaMath full-time

Pros

This is a fast-paced and constantly evolving industry, which provided great learning opportunities. MediaMath has a lot of smart people, and I enjoyed collaborating with individuals across different business units.

Cons

There was very little work/life balance. There were not enough resources for the volume of work.

August 7, 2020Manager, HR Business Partner

Thank you for your feedback. We’re glad that you experienced learning opportunities and enjoyed collaborating with Mathletes across the business. Though we are continuously evaluating our business and resourcing needs as we work to transform our company, there are times in which we all experience heavier workloads. At the same time, we aim to provide employees with flexibility and a healthy work/life balance, so we’re disappointed to hear that you did not experience that quality of life at MediaMath. We would appreciate hearing more from you so that we can be sure to improve in the future. Please reach out with any further comments directly to people@mediamath.com.

2. "Ok"

Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work life balance and perks

Cons

Lack of personal development and growth

June 11, 2020Manager, HR Business Partner

Thank you for your feedback. We do put an emphasis on healthy work-life balance, so we are glad to hear you’re enjoying that part of our culture. We’re always looking for ways to work with our employees to ensure they’re growing personally and in their career. We’d love to talk more about your career development and growth opportunities and how we can improve in that department. Please do reach out to your manager and/or People Partner so we can ensure your career at MediaMath is a long and fulfilling one.

"once had potential. now feels like a sinking ship"

2.0

I worked at MediaMath full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent culture and good office perks. Work life balance can be good depending on the team you work for. Most of the people are great.

Cons

Senior Management restructured at least 4 times in my 4 years there. Senior Management promoted people they "liked" into management roles that had no skill, ability or capacity to lead teams. The new president - who we were all hopeful would correct many of the problems- did not do a full 360 evaluation of the org before starting layoffs. The company has since gone through several rounds of layoffs and closed several offices internationally. Sales and Marketing have operated without strong leadership for several years which has led to an inability to hit revenue targets. They have rushed rollouts of products and offerings that the company cannot actually support.

August 7, 2020Manager, HR Business Partner

Thank you for your feedback. We take pride in our people and our culture, and we’re glad that was a positive part of your experience working at MediaMath. While we understand your concern with senior leadership changes, we have been investing in and strengthening our leadership team as we work to transform our company and our industry to deliver the most responsive and accountable advertising technology. We’ve bolstered our leadership over the past nine months, bringing in a new President (who you reference) as well as a new CFO, Chief People Officer, SVP of Product, Chief Client Officer, and a Head of Marketing & Communications who was promoted from within. Like many companies around the world, we couldn’t anticipate or plan for the COVID pandemic and, as a result, we did have to make some difficult decisions and quickly with respect to our workforce in order to fortify the business for the long term. We’re working together to ensure our teams are set up to continue delivering the outstanding products and services for which MediaMath is known.

"MediaMath is great again"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

MediaMath has had its ups and downs, but Konrad, our new President, has come in and made a really strong impact. He's let go of a lot of our dead weight, making strong decisions, and hiring a so-far-so-great CFO. Our tech org is coming together nicely, our pod structure sets our client services teams up for success - things are looking bright. MediaMath has been a great place to work for me. They go above and beyond to reward high performers and really do take care of the people who work hard and care. Good people, good snacks, great work culture, strong benefits, gorgeous HQ, lots of freedom & autonomy. They trust in their employees, and the work/life balance is really good.

Cons

It's not perfect, but they've weeded out a lot of the mean and incompetent people. Career pathing could be better: there's not much opportunity for growth at a certain point.

Continue reading

"MediaMath Will Get Worse Before It Gets Better"

1.0

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Nice office space -Typical tech company perks

Cons

-Full of grown children that are entitled because at MediaMath everyone is a VP. -Recruiters sell you a dream and when you join the company you see that your job was not what you thought it would be -Constant re-orgs that lead to people being laid off suddenly. Your team is smaller and stays smaller and your workload only increases -Many of my co-workers are actively looking for a job because they are scared of being re-orged out of a job -New leadership got rid of most of the dead weight in the C-suite, but has hired more dead weight to replace them. Same old cycle. -HR is unprofessional and is clearly not well equipped to be effective. -Turnover is very high, a revolving door. I think we've shrunk as a company since I've been here rather than growing -Many in management have just been promoted based on tenure not on merit so there are a lot of incompetent people in powerful places -Work life balance depends on your team, some of my coworkers barely get to work from home or are expected to keep working once they have left for the day. -Excessive useless meetings. We have so many of these, can we just focus on our work?

August 7, 2020Manager, HR Business Partner

Thank you for providing your candid thoughts and feedback. We entered this year with a transformation and growth mindset, taking a close look at our business and deciding how we intend to grow and where we need to invest in order to do so. At the same time, like many companies around the world, we are contending with the realities of a global pandemic and its impact and implications for our business and the economy as a whole. Through it all, we are intensely focused on our employees and ensuring that they are feeling engaged, informed, supported and excited to work at MediaMath and with one another. We would welcome to the opportunity to discuss your feedback further if you would be comfortable reaching out to your People Partner. We can continue the conversation and see how we might be able to work together to enhance your experience with us.

6. "Good opportunity for personal growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company has really found its vision and voice with Source. It feels more aligned and I really believe we are trying to change the industry. There have been some organizational changes but I personally feel it is for good reasons and change for the better. Our new President is fantastic; He is open on where we can improve and is providing a much more transparent leadership. He’s not afraid to answer the tough questions. You get to work with incredibly bright people who are very passionate about their work There is a good work-life balance - flexibility on working and great benefits and perks. Lots of opportunities to develop your skills through training and the ability to move internally to another role.

Cons

Diversity at a senior level

Continue reading

"Can't recommend MediaMath enough!"

5.0

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

Great workplace environment and work life balance

Cons

None that I can think of!

"Senior software engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer Senior in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Smart people who are genuinely ready to help - work life balance - best views of the city ( in the Boston area) - snacks and perks

Cons

- maybe the internal wiki can be more organized

"Analyst"

4.0

I worked at MediaMath full-time

Pros

Great culture, benefits, and people. Interesting work, fast-paced, innovative DNA.

Cons

Growing pains, sometimes inadequate management or decision making. If you end up in a team where the manager is a workaholic, they tend to focus on work 24/7 and overwork employees which doesn't allow for a decent work-life balance in the long run.

"Product Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at MediaMath full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Work life balance is great 2. Lot of interesting problems to solve 3. Co-workers are great

Cons

Mediamath has gone from a democracy and meritocracy to one man shouting orders from the ivory tower. Product leadership, while open to suggestions, has not laid out a clear vision for what is it that Mediamath is vying to do in the next 2-5 years. While I understand revenue is king, queen and the kingdom, the lack of product vision is seriously concerning. If we decided to prioritize our clients' demands as opposed to having the same priority on EVERYTHING and spent some time and engineering resources on building a solid product, we could possibly cut down the amount of money we spend on schmoozing the clients with fancy lunches and dinners and actually sell them a product that serves their need, than a constant promise for a better future. it also doesn't help that it is one person running the show. The CEO isn't as engaged as he used to be. Mediamath is surviving because of the stature of the CEO as a visionary in the ad-tech space. People in product are falling like flies and the place has a feel of a sinking ship.

Found 70 reviews