Missguided Buyer Reviews

Updated 3 Jul 2019

4.4
Missguided CEO & Founder Nitin Passi
Nitin Passi
  1. "amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Buyer in Manchester, England

I have been working at Missguided full-time for more than a year

Pros

perfect balance of a professional yet fun & easy going atmosphere in the office. Have learned more in the past 2 years of my career than i have in any other previous job. staff & teams are all so friendly & welcoming, bitchyness & cliques just dont exist / not tolerated! everyone works really hard but I always had such a laugh every day with my team which makes all the difference. always looked forward to coming to work, unlike past jobs where id dread going in. Management are all really approachable, fair & motivating. they are really open to new ideas & help in making your ideas come to life. everyone genuinely likes their managers at MG so that's says a lot. its proved to me that you don't have to put fear into your staff in order to get results. For people who are really serious about their career its a really good place to learn & progress. so many members of staff have left and come back within a couple of years, in all different depts! no bad vibes at all, just an amazing, fun & really positive place to work, couldn't recommend it more!

Cons

would prefer the office to be in the town centre & maybe more social events for staff but that's it. No serious negatives i can think of!

Missguided Response

March 26, 2020Talent Acquisition Lead

Thanks for taking time to post a review on Glassdoor about your experience at Missguided.

2. "Great oppotunites and unreal atmosphere"

Current Employee - Buyers Administrative Assistant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Missguided full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been working at Missguided for just under 6 months and already been given the opportunity to apply and move to a role that I wanted. The interview process was testing but exciting and I received great support from the company throughout. The atmosphere is next to none and everyone is friendly and passionate about what they do and the brand! It really is a place you can grow and become whatever you want to be.

Cons

We only get 30% discount and most of the time there's 30% off anyway, it did used to be more but has decreased!

Continue reading

"Sinking Ship....Promotes positive vibes yet treats staff poorly"

1.0
    Former Employee - Buyer in Trafford Park, England

I worked at Missguided full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Early finish on a Friday....although very rarely happens due to workload * Sample sales * Office decor * Free drinks at parties twice a year * The chance to gain ALOT of experience as you are doing your job plus your managers * Most of the people are really nice and work very hard

Cons

* Poor salary * Literally no promotion - One person promoted on the buying side in the last 12 months and that was a buying manager to head of buying * No admin/system support - BA's and MA's very stretched with workload, AB's and buyers having to do management responsibilities * Poor processes - sign off meeting processes changed number of times * Systems - very manual and new system doesn't support the business infastructure * NO COMMUNICATION - product launches advised to teams days before the launch date leaving little time to organise on an already heavy workload * Key employees made redundant due to 'cutting costs' with an unfair process * Employee favouritism - jobs saved from redundancy due to being mates/spouses of managers/CEO * E-comm and retail communication extremely weak - resulting in clear poor performance of the stores * Most staff had no access to parking onsite * Staff members with extreme attitude problems * Samples disorganised looks like a jumble sale - leading to sample theft on a regular basis * Management show no respect for employees

4. "Missguided"

4.0
    Current Employee - Buyers Administrative Assistant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Missguided full-time for less than a year

Pros

Energetic atmosphere surrounded by young talented open minded individuals and a really cool office space.

Cons

Parking is a nightmare!

5. "Missguided - We do epic.....Stuff"

Junior Buyer in Manchester, England

I have been working at Missguided

Pros

A company where opportunities are real, you get what you put in and have the chance to work with some like minded ambitious people. We are given the chances to take calculated risks while working in amazing office space which creates a fun atmosphere.

Cons

There aren't any really! We are growing fast and with growth comes change, so you need to be adaptable to change. Daily. It's constant 5th gear, some people like me view that as a good thing...If you like challenges, think outside the box, are an over and above team player this is the place to be!

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.