Missguided Reviews

Updated 28 Aug 2020

3.6
Missguided CEO & Founder Nitin Passi
Nitin Passi
Pros
  • "Fast passed working environment where they embrace creative and innovative ways of thinking(in 8 reviews)

• "Staff are all fun and friendly, lots of out of work social events(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Car park facilities & expensive food(in 7 reviews)

• "no communication from management, bare minimum benefits package, cliquey(in 5 reviews)

1. "Low pay"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Manchester, England

I worked at Missguided part-time for more than a year

Pros

There was Great staff and environment

Cons

It was minimum wage and late finishes

2. "Great company"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Missguided part-time

Pros

Great co workers decent pay for a starter job

Cons

Management could be patronising sometimes

3. "Good Culture"

5.0
    Former Employee - QA Senior Tester in Manchester, England

I worked at Missguided full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Support from Management, Relax environment,

Cons

less progression in your career

"average"

2.0
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Missguided part-time

Pros

dress code, pay and discount

Cons

girls are rude and entitled

5. "Overall amazing place to work!"

Former Employee - Buying Administrative Assistant in Manchester, England

I worked at Missguided full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people here really do make it. Anyone that has worked in fashion knows how hit or miss your colleagues can be but everyone here is SO friendly! The offices themselves are super modern and very fitting with the Missguided brand.

Cons

Lack of progression for buying admin assistants which can be disheartening. This issue was raised many times whilst I worked here, however no true resolution ever really came about. Also, the buying department as a whole can often be very disorganised.

"Avoid"

2.0
    Former Employee - Buying & Merchandising

I worked at Missguided full-time

Pros

There are some really lovely people who work here.

Cons

Ironic that a company claiming to “empower women” does exactly the opposite. This is not a company that values women or rewards hard work. No career progression unless you’re in with the right people Management Team are just a group of “yes” men Complete lack of direction - one course of action is urgent one week and the next week you’re made to feel stupid for talking about it An arrogant disregard for the fair treatment of suppliers

Talent Acquisition Lead

Thanks for taking time to post a review on Glassdoor about your time at Missguided. As a business we work really hard to build a culture that empowers everyone at Missguided, so to read your review is obviously a disappointment as you did not experience this during your time with us. If you would like to share more details on where you thought we went wrong please email hr@missguided.com as feedback is valuable to us. We look forward to hearing from you.

"If you value your mental health do not work here"

1.0
    Current Employee - Merchandise Assistant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Missguided full-time for more than a year

Pros

Discount (if you like cheaply made clothing), the offices are nice and some members of the team are good, social events held by business (often used to mask how badly the business is run)

Cons

Senior members of both Buying & Merchandising team are egotistical bullies, offer no form of support or compassion. Would rather lie & blame you than work to resolve and issue. Considering the company "prides" itself on empowering women I am shocked to hear comments regarding peoples weight and appearance coming from senior managements mouths. A real lack of professionalism shown throughout the business, especially when comparing it other big fashion retailers how they run themselves. With many often joking about "showing skin" in order to impress CEO during sign off meetings, some senior members then conducting meetings in low cut, crop tops in a way to get themselves noticed.

Talent Acquisition Lead

It's great to hear you enjoyed making the most of our social events, discounts and office environment. As a business we work really hard to create an environment of empowerment for all colleagues, so it's disappointing you didn't think this was the case. We've listened to colleague feedback about development opportunities and have recently introduced a number of structured programmes across Buying & Merchandising with the main purpose of colleagues internally. We take claims of any kind of bullying extremely seriously and ask that you contact us with further detail via hr@missguided.com. We also invite colleagues that leave the business to take part in a confidential exit interview with our People team. If any of the points you raised in your review were made during this process we can assure you they will have been investigated further.

"Intense"

Current Employee - BAA in Manchester, England

I have been working at Missguided full-time for more than a year

Pros

You learn a lot in a short amount of time and there are lots of opportunities to progress. The company culture is very positive and the head office is nice.

Cons

The pay is below average for industry standards, you have to work a lot of overtime, there’s no flexi-time, it’s very fast paced and very stressful at times. There aren’t a lot of company benefits.

Talent Acquisition Lead

Thanks for taking time to post a review on Glassdoor about your experience at Missguided. As a business we try to maintain our salaries in line with industry standards and flexi- time is something that our People Team are reviewing as we know the possible benefits to our colleagues. All feedback is valuable and we will use your review to try and shape the future of Missguided.

9. "10"

5.0
    Current Employee - Packing in Manchester, England

I have been working at Missguided part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay rate and like the fact he pay the break as well

Cons

Time starting the job

Talent Acquisition Lead

Thanks for taking time to post a review on Glassdoor about your time at Missguided it does however sound like you might have been employed via XPO Logistics working on the Missguided account.

10. "Fun and social workplace"

Former Employee - Assistant Garment Technologist

I worked at Missguided full-time

Pros

Really great atmosphere and a brilliant office Good staff perks like social events and discount As an intern, was not treated as an intern

Cons

Not a lot of room for progression Sometimes felt like a popularity contest

Talent Acquisition Lead

Thanks for taking time to post a review on Glassdoor about your experience at Missguided. Its great to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere at Missguided and yes we are very fortunate to work in an office space that is designed to help people reach their potential. As a business we are working closely with departments to make sure colleagues have clarity regarding progression and all internal promotions will go through an interview process.

Found 98 reviews