Missguided Employee Reviews about "social events"

Updated 28 Mar 2020

3.7
Missguided CEO & Founder Nitin Passi
Nitin Passi
Pros
  • "Fast passed working environment where they embrace creative and innovative ways of thinking(in 8 reviews)

• "Friendly, Good work environment, Sample sales(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Car park facilities & expensive food(in 7 reviews)

• "no communication from management, bare minimum benefits package, cliquey(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "social events"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

If you value your mental health do not work here

28 Mar 2020 - Merchandise Assistant in Egham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Discount (if you like cheaply made clothing), the offices are nice and some members of the team are good, social events held by business (often used to mask how badly the business is run)

Cons

Senior members of both Buying & Merchandising team are egotistical bullies, offer no form of support or compassion. Would rather lie & blame you than work to resolve and issue. Considering the company "prides" itself on empowering women I am shocked to hear comments regarding peoples weight and appearance coming from senior managements mouths. A real lack of professionalism shown throughout the business, especially when comparing it other big fashion retailers how they run themselves. With many often joking about "showing skin" in order to impress CEO during sign off meetings, some senior members then conducting meetings in low cut, crop tops in a way to get themselves noticed.

3 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Lead

It's great to hear you enjoyed making the most of our social events, discounts and office environment. As a business we work really hard to create an environment of empowerment for all colleagues, so it's disappointing you didn't think this was the case. We've listened to colleague feedback about development opportunities and have recently introduced a number of structured programmes across Buying & Merchandising with the main purpose of colleagues internally. We take claims of any kind of bullying extremely seriously and ask that you contact us with further detail via hr@missguided.com. We also invite colleagues that leave the business to take part in a confidential exit interview with our People team. If any of the points you raised in your review were made during this process we can assure you they will have been investigated further.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Young, Fun Work Environment

26 Apr 2019 - Senior Brand Manager in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The office layout is fun, there is a large social space, desk space is open plan and all the meeting rooms are themed. Work is varied and there is opportunity to work across multiple fun and exciting projects. There is opportunity to progress if you work hard. Staff are all fun and friendly, lots of out of work social events.

Cons

There is a lack of communication across the wider business, teams and departments do work in silos. Bonus scheme is stated as a perk, but isn't discussed or communicated within the business. Perks on the whole are not inline with the industry. None of the screens in the meeting rooms work.

Talent Acquisition Lead

Thanks for taking time to post a review on Glassdoor about your time at Missguided. Pay reviews and appraisals are being reviewed and updated at present. We have listened to recent colleague feedback regarding communication and have put in place monthly business standups which are now owned by our People Team. These give us the opportunity to talk to all of our colleagues, sharing information about the business. It is also where we update colleagues on our performance relating to bonus. These will continue to run every month, inviting different areas of the business to talk to our colleagues. Our benefits and reward package is reviewed. All screens in our meeting rooms are kept working by our service desk team with issues reported and resolved quickly.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee

Fun and social workplace

12 Nov 2019 - Assistant Garment Technologist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really great atmosphere and a brilliant office Good staff perks like social events and discount As an intern, was not treated as an intern

Cons

Not a lot of room for progression Sometimes felt like a popularity contest

Talent Acquisition Lead

Thanks for taking time to post a review on Glassdoor about your experience at Missguided. Its great to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere at Missguided and yes we are very fortunate to work in an office space that is designed to help people reach their potential. As a business we are working closely with departments to make sure colleagues have clarity regarding progression and all internal promotions will go through an interview process.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fast & Fun

17 Jul 2017 - Multi Channel Analyst in Trafford Park, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Prides itself on personal and company growth, very fun and sociable place to work, regular staff social events, a state of the art office. Encouraged to think for yourself, be creative & do things differently and think out of the box. Decent holiday entitlement. New bonus scheme has been put in place.

Cons

Both mine are probably due to how quickly the company has grown. Training - team has only been put in place recently. Structured salary based on position - Pay structure review currently in place.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fun and fast paced

25 Jun 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Warrington, North West England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone believes in the brand and wanting to see it grow. Fast paced - you get to try new things Leaders in some areas. Pioneers in others Good team Great office Frequent social events Casual dress code

Cons

Tough one because i do like it there. The only thing I'll say is it's fast paced and some may not be used to it

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Young, fun company.

22 Jun 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast passed working environment where they embrace creative and innovative ways of thinking. Bold ideas are embraced and you're encouraged to do amazing things daily. The offices are great, staff are really friendly and you're rewarded through regular social events.

Cons

Salaries aren't competitive and company incentives and perks are lacking. As the company grows it's also becoming more corporate and loosing it's carefree edge.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee

Creative

29 Jun 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great team & motivation - Good vibes in the office, even on a day with many deadlines, the team would pull though - Lots of work perks & social events - Solid Direction of brand

Cons

- Lack of progression path

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews