Model N Reviews

3.8
Model N CEO Jason Blessing
Jason Blessing
Pros
Cons
  • "Work-Life-Balance/some managers can be ehhh(in 15 reviews)

• "I understand that projects are staffed however they need, but in terms of career growth, this felt very stunting(in 11 reviews)

1. "Very good company to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

I have been working at Model N full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good working environment, experienced leadership, good work-life balance, good HR, benefits

Cons

Didn't see /experience until now.

August 3, 2020Employee Experience Lead

We appreciate you leaving a review! It warms our heart to know that your experience thus far has been positive. We hope you continue to enjoy your first of hopefully many years with us!

2. COVID-19

"So far so good !"

4.0
    Current Employee - Product Line Manager in Hyderābād

I have been working at Model N full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Model N products solves the complex business needs of the world’s leading brands in Pharma, Life Science & Hi-Tech industry in the areas of CPQ, Contract Management, Revenue Management and so on. - I joined Model N in these extra-ordinary times (COVID-19) and they really did awesome job for an e-boarding. Right from Talent Acquisition to IT Teams, coordinated well. - Model N's policies are quite people / employee friendly. - As far as I know, Model N is the only or few of the companies offering Wellness Holidays. - Model N extend the generous benefit to all the employees world wide to setup home / office setup. - Leadership team seems to be transparent and holds monthly / quarterly check-points with all the employees and provides the relevant business updates. - Product Managers are managing more than one Product and they are enough empowered to do their job effectively.

Cons

It's too early to comment !

July 20, 2020Director, Employee Experience

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are proud to hear that your experience thus far has been exceptional and again welcome to Model N! We agree with your advice and are actively engaging in dialogue around increased visibility and our product value. Your input is appreciated!

3. "Great place to work and great people to work with"

4.0
    Former Employee - Vice President of Product Management in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Model N full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

New and focused exec leadership team has brought a refreshing start and new (back to the old core vertical) approach. This refocusing is helping to set hopefully a successful direction for the future of the company. Many of the upper and mid-level management people are great people to work with. Warm and welcoming as well as very knowledgeable in their area. They rather do the right thing than just telling a good story because it sounds better. A very honest and warm place to work.

Cons

The new direction is not really new. It is refocusing on the core vertical, which is the pharma industry and it worked so far, but what is next? Difficult questions will come along the way soon. For example about the outdated platform of all money-making solutions. What will happen to the other verticals like MedTech and HighTech? Where is that going? Revenue growth is relatively moderate compared to real hot companies but it is steady. A big question is also about vertical experts leaving the company. New people coming in have a long ramp-up time because of the complexity of the business. And the biggest question looming, is there enough appetite for change in this company.

July 1, 2020Director, Employee Experience

We appreciate the feedback, thanks for sharing! Your description of our culture as a “very honest and warm place to work” is a great way to put it and we’re happy to hear that was your experience during your long tenure here. Thank you also for sharing your perspective on our business direction. We are excited about the growth we continue to achieve and the direction we are headed in and are looking forward to continuing to innovate mission critical solutions for our customers in High Tech, Med-Tech and Pharma. Thanks once again for sharing your feedback!

"Great culture, great people, major growth potential!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Model N full-time for less than a year

Pros

Looking forward to working with the people. After several interviews and screening steps to ensure the best fit, I’m excited to join the team and build a success story of growth and industry impact.

Cons

None for now. Leadership is hiring the best talent to take the company to the next level.

May 29, 2020Director, Employee Experience

Thanks for taking the time to provide this review. Really glad to hear your experience with us is off to such a positive beginning! Welcome to the Model N family!

5. "Good Company with growth opportunities"

Former Employee - Customer Advocate in Denver, CO
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Model N full-time

Pros

Decent Salaries and benefits, good locations

Cons

Too much micromanagement, and very more friendly to millennials than experienced personnel

June 4, 2020Director, Employee Experience

Thank you so much for the feedback. We value all of our employees equally from those who are early in their career to those who are more experienced. We appreciate you taking the time to share your perspective and wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

6. COVID-19

"Great Work Life Balance...Stunted Early Career Growth"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Model N full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- The top reason why I stayed at Model N for so long was the great work/life balance I had there. This was the case for the majority of my time there because I was working remotely on projects, which allowed for extended travel and free time to work on skills/hobbies outside of work. One downside to this was limited interactions with people face to face, which was a main reason I ultimately left. This obviously varies employee to employee, depending on the projects you are assigned to, but in my case, I did not see remote work ending any time soon (Although with COVID-19, all jobs are now remote anywhere you go...). - This goes hand-in-hand with work/life balance, but another big pro is that they have an Unlimited PTO policy and pretty good benefits. - Company stock grants were great as well - Transparency, at least between my direct manager and myself was very good. Weekly 1:1s were very helpful with this and I recommend most managers do this.

Cons

- Limited growth for early career employees (case by case basis obviously), but a lot of times, employees are hired right out of school to be "testers" on projects. I understand that projects are staffed however they need, but in terms of career growth, this felt very stunting. - Not a lot of opportunities to build camaraderie, especially being a mostly WFH employee. The once a year conference in SF is great, but otherwise, this isn't a "young" culture. Didn't really experience many happy hours, game nights, coffee chats. - They never used videos during Zoom meetings, which lead to more "zoning out" and less interactive meetings.

June 4, 2020Director, Employee Experience

First of all thank you for taking the time and making the effort to provide such thorough feedback. It really is helpful to hear all perspectives as we continually strive to improve the work experience here. Of course, we are very sorry to hear that there were some parts of your experience that did not live up to your expectations. You’re absolutely right that there is more we can do to ensure our remote employees feel engaged. We’ve learned a lot these past few months during the pandemic with all employees now working remotely. We are frequently holding virtual town halls and encouraging teams to be sure they are connecting remotely for celebrations, team-building activities, etc. We’ve also seen a major uptick in video use during Zoom meetings, which has challenged us to get better at holding productive virtual meetings while striving to avoid “Zoom fatigue.” In addition to several changes we’ve already made to enhance our culture and connection with each other, we’re also welcoming a new Employee Experience program manager to our People Team soon. This person will provide an added layer of focus to our work in the engagement of all of our employees, and in building community in a way that is inclusive and equitable. On the topic of career growth, our goal is to ensure that all employees feel they have the opportunity to grow their career at Model N, particularly young professionals. Your points here are valid, and we acknowledge there is more work we can do to ensure there is clarity and opportunity for career growth at all levels and across all departments in the company. Thank you again for the open and honest feedback, and we wish you success in your future endeavors!

7. "Great Place to work with if you do not feel pressure from management"

Former Employee - QA Engineer in Hyderābād

I worked at Model N full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good start with Automation if you are purely manual

Cons

Worse Upper management Voice is not heard

May 29, 2020Director, Employee Experience

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We will take this feedback to heart and make sure that as we continue to work hard to provide a great place to work and build upon our management culture and practices, that we ensure people feel supported and comfortable in providing their feedback. Thanks again for sharing your perspective and best wishes as you continue your career.

"Current employee who continues to D.A.R.E!"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Model N full-time for more than a year

Pros

During these uncertain times leaders can exemplify their true behaviors. Candor, Visibility and Openness... Our Executive team has managed these uncertainties with grace as we continue to drive our scale and transformation of Model N.

Cons

Zoom is our new Friend...

April 21, 2020Director, Employee Experience

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback, and for your supportive words about Model N's leaders. It's really nice to hear that you're having a great experience here!

"Great place to work now and only getting better"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Model N full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

This is an exciting time to be a part of Model N. The focus that Jason Blessing has brought to our company and the leaders he has surrounded himself with have been the key ingredients driving our run of success. While we continue to have the innovative spirit that the company was founded upon, some much needed scale and infrastructure is also being put in place. In addition, working with the people here has always been second to none. The company is also investing a lot more in people programs which is great to see.

Cons

While we are continuing to scale and infrastructure is improving, it's by no means perfect yet and there is more to be done. Some may find such a transition to be challenging to work in, but at the same time, there is enormous opportunity to make an impact no matter what role you are in.

March 27, 2020Director, Employee Experience

Great comments, thank you for taking the time to share them with us. It's great to hear that you're seeing our focus and new investments pay off. We think our people are second to none too and will continue to invest in them!

"Great company to work for!!!"

I have been working at Model N full-time

Pros

Great work culture and good work life balance. Ample opportunities for employees to grow by learning new skills and pick up new areas. Employee engagement is also good, there are many fun activities and events. Overall , great place to work with.

Cons

Tech stack is not very latest, should consider upgrading.

March 19, 2020Director, Employee Experience

What a wonderful review, thanks so much for taking the time to share your perspective. Ensuring that our employees have ample professional development opportunities is of the utmost importance to us and we’re thrilled to hear that your experience has reflected this! On your advice about the tech stack, thank you for your thoughts there. It’s an exciting time for our Products team as we’ve been hiring experienced leaders to take our technology and cloud direction forward while continuing to solve complex business problems for our customers. We love innovative thinking and if you have any specific ideas for the tech stack or anything else please don’t hesitate to share them. Thanks again for the feedback!

Found 294 reviews