Morgan McKinley Reviews

Updated 10 Jun 2021

4.4
Morgan McKinley Chief Executive Officer  Gerald Fitzgerald
Gerald Fitzgerald
Pros
  • "the people, the atmosphere, work/life balance(in 29 reviews)

• "Really good culture and good working environment(in 29 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Think there is a relatively high turnover in a couple areas of the business, but mainly its stable(in 18 reviews)

• "Not fit for someone who is looking for a mild career progression(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Absolutely lovely.

20 May 2021 - Principal Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic group of people, cracking environment and a brilliant work hard play hard culture.

Cons

Unfortunately the building we're in but doesn't have a rooftop bar but that is scraping the barrel for cons.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Better than your average recruitment firm

30 Mar 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Great group of people! * No obsessive KPI reporting that is common in other recruitment firms

Cons

* Outdated and old fashioned view on some work polices (corporate) * Promotes work/life balance however in reality there is a requirement for 3 mandatory days in the office * Political environment verges on too much office gossip with Directors also taking place in this which is very unprofessional * Issues are not always dealt within unless deemed critical from management team * Clear favouritism and special treatment for high billers which causes tension in the rest of the organisation

People Director

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry your experience with us fell short of expectations. I would really welcome the opportunity to discuss your feedback further, and hope you would be willing to have a confidential conversation with me. Please reach me directly : Andrea Webb, People Director awebb@morganmckinley.com.

3. 5.0

Outstanding Culture

14 Dec 2020 - Senior Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lou and Ness are excellent leaders, supportive and encouraging and they genuinely care about reaching goals together. Mature office environment with many high performance billers to learn from.

Cons

Being a global organisation restricts the ability to implement office wide change quickly or as nimbly as you would like.

People Director

WOW... thank you. 'Outstanding' is as good as it gets! Thanks for your feedback - really appreciated.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best company I have ever worked for

7 Sep 2020 - Principal Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is so refreshing to work for a recruitment agency that invests so heavily in their people. I have been at Morgan McKinley for 5 years and have loved every minute of it. You are given the best platform for success - gaining access to the top tier clients in the Market with PSA's, and the freedom to BD new business and develop your manage your own markets. You are trusted to build your desk in your own way. MMK does not believe in a one size fits all KPI. Whether you are new to recruitment or an experienced consultant, I could not recommend MMK more.

Cons

Genuinely cannot think of any!

People Director

Smashing review - thank you so much!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Excellent company with two passionate and authentic MD's

5 Jan 2020 - Director in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at Morgan McKinley for a long time because of the people who work in the business from the MD's through to junior members of the team, and the clear vision and purpose we share. We all have a passion for what we do and really want to help our candidates and clients. We have some strong relationships across the market from small growth businesses right through to some of the largest companies in Australia. This creates a genuine pipeline of work for our whole business. In addition, I really value the benefits provided to me, the key ones for me include: Flexibility - I live a long way from the city so being able to complete some of my working day on the train has made a huge difference to both me and my family. In addition I've been able to give several of my team the flexibility they need to fit with their lives including part-time hours, starting late or leaving early, to be there for their families. Benefits: extra leave with tenure, annual incentive trip overseas, team lunches, 4hr Fridays, quarterly office offsite etc Environment: Spacious open plan offices with break out areas, touch screen laptop, and phone mean I can work anywhere Structured training and development which has helped me to progress my career, including attending a leadership course in Asia to work with my counterparts across the region

Cons

Systems could be more intuitive to improve user experience

Marketing Assistant

Happy New Year! Thank you for your feedback and star rating. It's great to hear how positively you rate the culture, management and collaborative atmosphere, and are extremely pleased to hear that this has been consistent over the 10+ years you have spent with us. We looking forward to celebrating your next 10 years+ with Morgan McKinley and wish you every success!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best recruitment agency in Sydney to work for

21 Oct 2020 - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, training, mentorship, collaboration, trust.

Cons

Only that there could be some tech improvements.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Morgan Mckinley Sydney is a great place to work.

7 Aug 2019 - Senior Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Morgan Mckinley Sydney is a great place to work. The business has the best of both worlds by uniquely combining the benefits of working in a big company and a boutique agency! MMK has strong leadership with a fun twist - management are approachable, driven and supportive. Contagious energy! The business is really built on twin pillars of support and autonomy - whichever you might want/need at any given moment, it is there. There are long-standing relationships across the business which everyone wants to share. A collective ‘one team’ mentality is very apparent. The onboarding for new or junior consultants is among the most comprehensive you will find. Properly outlined career paths and milestones - titles actually mean something and are respected/rewarded. An adult environment, fun but not crazy (definitely not a boiler room!) everyone is very driven but enjoy a good work/life balance. Good incentives and benefits i.e. trips abroad, social drinks, charity days, 24 days holiday, flexible working etc.

Cons

None so far are apparent.

Marketing Assistant

Thank you for your feedback and star rating. We greatly appreciate your feedback and wish you a successful career at Morgan McKinley!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Inclusive, fun, professional business with strong united leadership at its core

7 Jul 2019 - Executive Candidate Manager in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training is ongoing and exhaustive. There is a continual program of training and development and it is a commitment taken really seriously. Career progression is well documented so that if goals are obtained advancement is systematic. It feels collaborative. The narrative is a positive one. Very collegiate and accepting. Lots of different backgrounds, agers and characters and everyone very positive and upbeat and it appears that people really want others to succeed. A fun and varied rewards system of lunches and parties. There is a blend of part timers and parents and flex is afforded to anyone that can manage it. Where possible the business tries to support peoples outside interests of study, family and sport etc.

Cons

The teams diversity is becoming a better reflection of the market we serve with a mix of nationalities and cultures. There are now more than a couple of Aussies! I think this has really added a professionalism and feels more appropriate for the region we serve and our international candidates.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

A great company who genuinely care about their people

18 Mar 2020 - Associate Director in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent career development opportunities and a great place to work with like minded individuals who are committed to go the extra mile for candidates and clients. Great benefits and an awesome culture too!

Cons

None that I can think of

Marketing Assistant

Thank you for your feedback and star rating. We're really pleased you think positively of our career development opportunities, benefits package and culture. We wish you all the best for a long and successful career at Morgan McKinley.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Honest Review, I really enjoyed my time at MMK and sad it didn't work out. Would recommend them for sure.

1 Apr 2020 - Recruitment Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Close knit teams, which is good as there really is a good culture feel. Everyone in there was helpful, made suggestions and helps out, candidate sharing not hoarding, engaging and friendly - nights out organised, team games etc. They do have high expectations (and rightly so), passionate - really hard working for the benefit of the client which is so under rated - not a bunch of cow-boys, lovely office and working environment, great training - really intuitive and engaging - management and consultants run them so you know its from people actually doing your job training you, flexibility and ability to work from home was under rated - especially in current times. Experienced leaders and consultants who know the market really well, have some close relationships with clients meaning good access to roles (in my case this was true). Revised commission structure is good. As always focuses on performance = rewards which is good, but allows you to earn from day one.

Cons

Tend to focus only on the positives ("positive news only please"), which can be difficult in hard times - a bit of realism to staff would go along way if people are really struggling with market conditions I think it would help to hear empathy in relation to that. Although I understand that positive news is important for team morale. When someone is struggling although management say the right things I didn't feel they worked properly to help fix them (this could be a clash of personality styles or something else), maybe it was that it didn't sink in until it was too late. Pretty cut throat, feel like you are only good as your last deal. Feel like peoples past achievements are forgotten about or overlooked if things change/take a downturn. Not sure where things can go long term for career progression due to lots of managers, unsure of their structure long term even with the revised pathway to success? Apparently some people aren't happy with the revised plans, could result in them earning less money. Think there is a relatively high turnover in a couple areas of the business, but mainly its stable.

Marketing Assistant

Thank you for your review and sharing your thoughts. We take on board your feedback and are grateful for this insight, in order to help us improve. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Morgan McKinley and wish you every success in your future.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 426 Reviews