Morgan McKinley Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

4.2
Morgan McKinley CEO Aldagh McDonogh
Aldagh McDonogh
Pros
Cons
  • "Abnormally high turnover from senior management down to the bottom(in 15 reviews)

• "Still a lot more room to implement even more flexible working arrangements to improve work/life balance(in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Consultant - Review"

Current Employee - Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great management across the entire business and a true focus on development which is thorough and incredibly helpful! Such a great environment where you feel comfortable being yourself, are accepted by the team immediately and are encouraged to be a leader in your own right from day one.

Cons

Nothing I can fault till date.

Advice to Management

Keep bringing in great people! There is such a high bar for the successful candidates who become employees which sets this agency apart from many others.

Morgan McKinley2019-05-14
  2. "Feeling like you're part of a family"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great work life balance, working from home once a week - Equal opportunities, support staff are given the opportunity to go on the annual 'go beyond' trip - Amazing culture, feels like a family with managers who are emotionally invested in their staff - Supportive environment

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

Advice to Management

Continue supporting your employees and believing in everyone that walks through the door.

Morgan McKinley2019-10-24
  3. "Breaking the mould of your typical Recruitment Agency - the best place I have ever worked!"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant - IV Years in Sydney

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- A progressive Recruitment Agency who value their employees, their careers and their experience, just as much as they do the success of the business. - The amazing culture at Morgan McKinley is driven from the top with our incredible Leadership team. We utilise the Senior employees across the office, creating an open flat structure where wisdom is constantly being shared. - You are provided with the best tools..., training and advice to succeed, managing your desk

Cons

Nothing I can think of

Advice to Management

As we grow Globally, never let that change the culture

Morgan McKinley2019-09-22
  4. "Genuinely good place to work!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than a year

Pros

Established client relationships, supportive leadership team, cross-team collaboration, great organisational values and culture

Cons

More investment from management to ensure new starters get into good habits from day 1 would help with long term success

Advice to Management

Morgan McKinley do a lot of things right as an organisation, especially for a recruitment company. Attracting the right staff that see the value recruiters and are prepared to invest in (for the long term) driving the business forward in respect of business development, cross-team collaboration, and commitment to placing good candidates into the right role will see this business continue to be the success it has... been.

Morgan McKinley2019-09-22
  5. "Morgan Mckinley Sydney is a great place to work."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for less than a year

Pros

Morgan Mckinley Sydney is a great place to work. The business has the best of both worlds by uniquely combining the benefits of working in a big company and a boutique agency! MMK has strong leadership with a fun twist - management are approachable, driven and supportive. Contagious energy! The business is really built on twin pillars of support and autonomy - whichever you might want/need at any given... moment, it is there. There are long-standing relationships across the business which everyone wants to share. A collective ‘one team’ mentality is very apparent. The onboarding for new or junior consultants is among the most comprehensive you will find. Properly outlined career paths and milestones - titles actually mean something and are respected/rewarded. An adult environment, fun but not crazy (definitely not a boiler room!) everyone is very driven but enjoy a good work/life balance. Good incentives and benefits i.e. trips abroad, social drinks, charity days, 24 days holiday, flexible working etc.

Cons

None so far are apparent.

Advice to Management

Coordination of how the CRM is used across the business might help bring more value from it. Further collateral material showcasing all the great credentials/work that has been done.

Morgan McKinley2019-08-08
  6. "I've been able to build a brand and establish myself in a space I am passionate about"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been promoted 4 times in 3 years. I have been able to host change specific events and publish articles in the space through the great platforms Morgan McKinley profers. The organisation rewards success and high performance but what underpins that is putting the Customer at the forefront of everything we do. Morgan McKinley truelly undoes the stigma in recruiting by firmly standing behind a set of principles... that means we don't place people in jobs but in teams and careers. I love the access we have to our two female MDs who are never too busy to lend you a moment of inspiration. .

Cons

Sometimes we are bound by our Global partners which makes change slower then we would like

Morgan McKinley2019-07-31
  7. "Inclusive, fun, professional business with strong united leadership at its core"

Current Employee - Executive Candidate Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Morgan McKinley part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Training is ongoing and exhaustive. There is a continual program of training and development and it is a commitment taken really seriously. Career progression is well documented so that if goals are obtained advancement is systematic. It feels collaborative. The narrative is a positive one. Very collegiate and accepting. Lots of different backgrounds, agers and characters and everyone very positive and upbeat and... it appears that people really want others to succeed. A fun and varied rewards system of lunches and parties. There is a blend of part timers and parents and flex is afforded to anyone that can manage it. Where possible the business tries to support peoples outside interests of study, family and sport etc.

Cons

The teams diversity is becoming a better reflection of the market we serve with a mix of nationalities and cultures. There are now more than a couple of Aussies! I think this has really added a professionalism and feels more appropriate for the region we serve and our international candidates.

Advice to Management

Ensure the directors are providing adequate support to the MD's. There is a huge body of seniority, tenure, skill and knowledge and the directors could provide a strong line of support to the MD's.

Morgan McKinley2019-07-08
  8. "Recruitment Consultant"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Sydney

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Fantastic culture, working with great people who are genuinely good at what they do * Great place to develop and grow an early stage career * Amazing leadership team. The Sydney office has two inspiration female leaders who build strong relationships with everyone across the office and support all functions. * Lot's of learning and development sessions to get new starters up to scratch

Cons

Nothing, I loved working for Morgan Mckinley and would recommend it to anyone looking for a career in recruitment

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Morgan McKinley2019-04-29
  9. "The best recruitment company I have worked for"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent work environment, work life balance and flexibility to work from home, leave early or start later as needed, focus is on quality of your work and output and not how long you spend in the office. Leadership genuinely cares about your ideas and input and will always encourage you to grow The team is encouraging, no back stabbing and they are all always happy with your success.

Cons

I know that opportunities to work internationally and move to other disciplines is available, but would want to have a clear view of what roles are vacant onshore and offshore and an idea on how to get a conversation started if there is interest to move.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, listening to what everyone has to say and making an effort to implement it is really great and makes everyone feel included.

Morgan McKinley2019-04-25
  10. "Absolutely loving MMK life"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Sydney

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great leadership and management - I report directly into one of the inspirational founding MDs which is amazing for my personal development - Flexible working is encouraged and role modelled. It's a genuine reality here, I'm working from home as I write this! - Team of bright, impressive and lovely people who want to work collaboratively and celebrate each others' success - Global reach and infrastructure, but... boutique feel so that you get the advantages of each - Extra leave (1 day per quarter) plus 2 days for volunteering and a big emphasis on giving back via CSR program - Career progression is always thought about and supported, tailored to each person's strengths and aspirations rather than applying a blanket approach to everyone

Cons

None - it's always busy so you have to enjoy working at pace, but that's recruitment in a nutshell and I know I'd be bored otherwise!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and make sure we're showing those outside of the business what great things we're doing, so that we can keep attracting like-minded people to join us :)

Morgan McKinley2019-04-03