Morgan McKinley Reviews

4.4
Morgan McKinley Chief Executive Officer  Gerald Fitzgerald
Gerald Fitzgerald
Pros
Cons
  • "Think there is a relatively high turnover in a couple areas of the business, but mainly its stable(in 18 reviews)

• "Not fit for someone who is looking for a mild career progression(in 10 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Outstanding Culture"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lou and Ness are excellent leaders, supportive and encouraging and they genuinely care about reaching goals together. Mature office environment with many high performance billers to learn from.

Cons

Being a global organisation restricts the ability to implement office wide change quickly or as nimbly as you would like.

Continue reading
  2. "Best recruitment agency in Sydney to work for"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility, training, mentorship, collaboration, trust.

Cons

Only that there could be some tech improvements.

3. "Best company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Morgan McKinley part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It is so refreshing to work for a recruitment agency that invests so heavily in their people. I have been at Morgan McKinley for 5 years and have loved every minute of it. You are given the best platform for success - gaining access to the top tier clients in the Market with PSA's, and the freedom to BD new business and develop your manage your own markets. You are trusted to build your desk in your own way. MMK does not believe in a one size fits all KPI. Whether you are new to recruitment or an experienced consultant, I could not recommend MMK more.

Cons

Genuinely cannot think of any!

September 14, 2020People Director

Smashing review - thank you so much!

4. "."

Former Employee - Consultant in Sydney

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than a year

Pros

Progression, no hard KPI's, good leadership

Cons

Nothing comes to mind with MMK

April 17, 2020People Director

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

5. "Honest Review, I really enjoyed my time at MMK and sad it didn't work out. Would recommend them for sure."

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Sydney

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time for less than a year

Pros

Close knit teams, which is good as there really is a good culture feel. Everyone in there was helpful, made suggestions and helps out, candidate sharing not hoarding, engaging and friendly - nights out organised, team games etc. They do have high expectations (and rightly so), passionate - really hard working for the benefit of the client which is so under rated - not a bunch of cow-boys, lovely office and working environment, great training - really intuitive and engaging - management and consultants run them so you know its from people actually doing your job training you, flexibility and ability to work from home was under rated - especially in current times. Experienced leaders and consultants who know the market really well, have some close relationships with clients meaning good access to roles (in my case this was true). Revised commission structure is good. As always focuses on performance = rewards which is good, but allows you to earn from day one.

Cons

Tend to focus only on the positives ("positive news only please"), which can be difficult in hard times - a bit of realism to staff would go along way if people are really struggling with market conditions I think it would help to hear empathy in relation to that. Although I understand that positive news is important for team morale. When someone is struggling although management say the right things I didn't feel they worked properly to help fix them (this could be a clash of personality styles or something else), maybe it was that it didn't sink in until it was too late. Pretty cut throat, feel like you are only good as your last deal. Feel like peoples past achievements are forgotten about or overlooked if things change/take a downturn. Not sure where things can go long term for career progression due to lots of managers, unsure of their structure long term even with the revised pathway to success? Apparently some people aren't happy with the revised plans, could result in them earning less money. Think there is a relatively high turnover in a couple areas of the business, but mainly its stable.

April 2, 2020Marketing Assistant

Thank you for your review and sharing your thoughts. We take on board your feedback and are grateful for this insight, in order to help us improve. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Morgan McKinley and wish you every success in your future.

6. "A great company who genuinely care about their people"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Sydney

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent career development opportunities and a great place to work with like minded individuals who are committed to go the extra mile for candidates and clients. Great benefits and an awesome culture too!

Cons

None that I can think of

April 2, 2020Marketing Assistant

Thank you for your feedback and star rating. We're really pleased you think positively of our career development opportunities, benefits package and culture. We wish you all the best for a long and successful career at Morgan McKinley.

7. "Fantastic place to work with great senior leadership"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Sydney

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Collaborative, inclusive, agile and flexible

Cons

Nothing major that is worth noting

February 3, 2020Marketing Assistant

Thank you for your feedback and star rating. We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your time with Morgan McKinely and continue to wish you all the best for a successful, fun and rewarding career with the business.

8. "Excellent company with two passionate and authentic MD's"

Current Employee - Director in Sydney

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I've worked at Morgan McKinley for a long time because of the people who work in the business from the MD's through to junior members of the team, and the clear vision and purpose we share. We all have a passion for what we do and really want to help our candidates and clients. We have some strong relationships across the market from small growth businesses right through to some of the largest companies in Australia. This creates a genuine pipeline of work for our whole business. In addition, I really value the benefits provided to me, the key ones for me include: Flexibility - I live a long way from the city so being able to complete some of my working day on the train has made a huge difference to both me and my family. In addition I've been able to give several of my team the flexibility they need to fit with their lives including part-time hours, starting late or leaving early, to be there for their families. Benefits: extra leave with tenure, annual incentive trip overseas, team lunches, 4hr Fridays, quarterly office offsite etc Environment: Spacious open plan offices with break out areas, touch screen laptop, and phone mean I can work anywhere Structured training and development which has helped me to progress my career, including attending a leadership course in Asia to work with my counterparts across the region

Cons

Systems could be more intuitive to improve user experience

January 7, 2020Marketing Assistant

Happy New Year! Thank you for your feedback and star rating. It's great to hear how positively you rate the culture, management and collaborative atmosphere, and are extremely pleased to hear that this has been consistent over the 10+ years you have spent with us. We looking forward to celebrating your next 10 years+ with Morgan McKinley and wish you every success!

9. "Great place to work! (they even have the awards to show it)"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some really great people (including leadership), who care about you doing well and will give you the support and training to do so. Very open company that values honesty, openness and "Improving lives (both of clients/candidates as well as employees) that the MDs live & breath and it goes all the way down to all employees

Cons

Nothing outside the industry norm for recruitment

January 7, 2020Marketing Assistant

Happy New Year! Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear your positive thoughts on our people. the support you receive as well as your satisfaction with the business. We continuously aim to Improve the lives of our people, clients and candidate, and are pleased you are enjoying your time with the business. We wish you every success during your time at Morgan McKinley.

10. "Feeling like you're part of a family"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great work life balance, working from home once a week - Equal opportunities, support staff are given the opportunity to go on the annual 'go beyond' trip - Amazing culture, feels like a family with managers who are emotionally invested in their staff - Supportive environment

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

October 28, 2019Marketing Assistant

Thank you for your feedback and star rating. We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your time with Morgan McKinley and wish you all the best for a successful, fun and rewarding career with the business.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 381 English Reviews