Morgan McKinley Reviews

Found 446 of over 485 reviews

4.3
Morgan McKinley Chief Executive Officer  Gerald Fitzgerald
Gerald Fitzgerald
Pros
  • "the people, the atmosphere, work/life balance(in 29 reviews)

• "Really good culture and good working environment(in 29 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Think there is a relatively high turnover in a couple areas of the business, but mainly its stable(in 18 reviews)

• "Not fit for someone who is looking for a mild career progression(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

A close-knit business where everyone will make you feel valued and welcome

Jul 6, 2021 - Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

MMK is a reputable recruitment agency who really goes above and beyond when it comes to their employees. You will be part of a close-knit team from day 1, with everyone wanting to see you succeed. All leaders are incredibly invested in your personal and professional growth and will give you all the tools and training to become the best recruiter you can be. There is a genuine level of care about you as the individual, which I haven't seen in any other employer before. MMK is also all about celebrating the wins. Even in COVID times, making sure we got together for fun events and occasions has been an absolute priority. You will certainly be rewarded for your hard work, trips away and fancy lunches included. If you are looking for an employer that will give you lots of autonomy while providing an amazing support structure and training programme, MMK is definitely the place. They are open to flexible working arrangements and will absolute make sure you can bring your best self to work.

Cons

Can be political and very process driven at times, something the business recognises it needs to work on.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good

Sep 22, 2021 - Software Engineer in Brisbane
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance all round

Cons

Expected to work non paid overtime

3. 5.0

Absolutely lovely.

May 20, 2021 - Principal Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic group of people, cracking environment and a brilliant work hard play hard culture.

Cons

Unfortunately the building we're in but doesn't have a rooftop bar but that is scraping the barrel for cons.

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Better than your average recruitment firm

Mar 30, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Great group of people! * No obsessive KPI reporting that is common in other recruitment firms

Cons

* Outdated and old fashioned view on some work polices (corporate) * Promotes work/life balance however in reality there is a requirement for 3 mandatory days in the office * Political environment verges on too much office gossip with Directors also taking place in this which is very unprofessional * Issues are not always dealt within unless deemed critical from management team * Clear favouritism and special treatment for high billers which causes tension in the rest of the organisation

1 person found this review helpful

People Director

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry your experience with us fell short of expectations. I would really welcome the opportunity to discuss your feedback further, and hope you would be willing to have a confidential conversation with me. Please reach me directly : Andrea Webb, People Director awebb@morganmckinley.com.

5. 5.0

Outstanding Culture

Dec 14, 2020 - Senior Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lou and Ness are excellent leaders, supportive and encouraging and they genuinely care about reaching goals together. Mature office environment with many high performance billers to learn from.

Cons

Being a global organisation restricts the ability to implement office wide change quickly or as nimbly as you would like.

People Director

WOW... thank you. 'Outstanding' is as good as it gets! Thanks for your feedback - really appreciated.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best recruitment agency in Sydney to work for

Oct 21, 2020 - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, training, mentorship, collaboration, trust.

Cons

Only that there could be some tech improvements.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best company I have ever worked for

Sep 7, 2020 - Principal Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is so refreshing to work for a recruitment agency that invests so heavily in their people. I have been at Morgan McKinley for 5 years and have loved every minute of it. You are given the best platform for success - gaining access to the top tier clients in the Market with PSA's, and the freedom to BD new business and develop your manage your own markets. You are trusted to build your desk in your own way. MMK does not believe in a one size fits all KPI. Whether you are new to recruitment or an experienced consultant, I could not recommend MMK more.

Cons

Genuinely cannot think of any!

People Director

Smashing review - thank you so much!

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Apr 15, 2020 - Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Progression, no hard KPI's, good leadership

Cons

Nothing comes to mind with MMK

People Director

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Honest Review, I really enjoyed my time at MMK and sad it didn't work out. Would recommend them for sure.

Apr 1, 2020 - Recruitment Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Close knit teams, which is good as there really is a good culture feel. Everyone in there was helpful, made suggestions and helps out, candidate sharing not hoarding, engaging and friendly - nights out organised, team games etc. They do have high expectations (and rightly so), passionate - really hard working for the benefit of the client which is so under rated - not a bunch of cow-boys, lovely office and working environment, great training - really intuitive and engaging - management and consultants run them so you know its from people actually doing your job training you, flexibility and ability to work from home was under rated - especially in current times. Experienced leaders and consultants who know the market really well, have some close relationships with clients meaning good access to roles (in my case this was true). Revised commission structure is good. As always focuses on performance = rewards which is good, but allows you to earn from day one.

Cons

Tend to focus only on the positives ("positive news only please"), which can be difficult in hard times - a bit of realism to staff would go along way if people are really struggling with market conditions I think it would help to hear empathy in relation to that. Although I understand that positive news is important for team morale. When someone is struggling although management say the right things I didn't feel they worked properly to help fix them (this could be a clash of personality styles or something else), maybe it was that it didn't sink in until it was too late. Pretty cut throat, feel like you are only good as your last deal. Feel like peoples past achievements are forgotten about or overlooked if things change/take a downturn. Not sure where things can go long term for career progression due to lots of managers, unsure of their structure long term even with the revised pathway to success? Apparently some people aren't happy with the revised plans, could result in them earning less money. Think there is a relatively high turnover in a couple areas of the business, but mainly its stable.

Marketing Assistant

Thank you for your review and sharing your thoughts. We take on board your feedback and are grateful for this insight, in order to help us improve. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Morgan McKinley and wish you every success in your future.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

A great company who genuinely care about their people

Mar 18, 2020 - Associate Director in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent career development opportunities and a great place to work with like minded individuals who are committed to go the extra mile for candidates and clients. Great benefits and an awesome culture too!

Cons

None that I can think of

Marketing Assistant

Thank you for your feedback and star rating. We're really pleased you think positively of our career development opportunities, benefits package and culture. We wish you all the best for a long and successful career at Morgan McKinley.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 446 Reviews