Morgan McKinley Employee Reviews about "working environment"

Updated 5 Jun 2020

4.3
Morgan McKinley CEO Aldagh McDonogh
Aldagh McDonogh
Pros
Cons
  • "Think there is a relatively high turnover in a couple areas of the business, but mainly its stable(in 18 reviews)

• "Still a lot more room to implement even more flexible working arrangements to improve work/life balance(in 10 reviews)

Reviews about "working environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "The best recruitment company I have worked for"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent work environment, work life balance and flexibility to work from home, leave early or start later as needed, focus is on quality of your work and output and not how long you spend in the office. Leadership genuinely cares about your ideas and input and will always encourage you to grow The team is encouraging, no back stabbing and they are all always happy with your success.

Cons

I know that opportunities to work internationally and move to other disciplines is available, but would want to have a clear view of what roles are vacant onshore and offshore and an idea on how to get a conversation started if there is interest to move.

May 16, 2019Global Marketing Executive

We appreciate you sharing your feedback and are really pleased to hear about your positive experience working in our Sydney office. Should you wish to find out more about the global opportunities we have on offer, then please reach out in confidence to Steph Newth or anyone from our Talent Acquisition team directly. We wish you a long and successful career in Team MMK.

2. "Honest Review, I really enjoyed my time at MMK and sad it didn't work out. Would recommend them for sure."

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Sydney

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time for less than a year

Pros

Close knit teams, which is good as there really is a good culture feel. Everyone in there was helpful, made suggestions and helps out, candidate sharing not hoarding, engaging and friendly - nights out organised, team games etc. They do have high expectations (and rightly so), passionate - really hard working for the benefit of the client which is so under rated - not a bunch of cow-boys, lovely office and working environment, great training - really intuitive and engaging - management and consultants run them so you know its from people actually doing your job training you, flexibility and ability to work from home was under rated - especially in current times. Experienced leaders and consultants who know the market really well, have some close relationships with clients meaning good access to roles (in my case this was true). Revised commission structure is good. As always focuses on performance = rewards which is good, but allows you to earn from day one.

Cons

Tend to focus only on the positives ("positive news only please"), which can be difficult in hard times - a bit of realism to staff would go along way if people are really struggling with market conditions I think it would help to hear empathy in relation to that. Although I understand that positive news is important for team morale. When someone is struggling although management say the right things I didn't feel they worked properly to help fix them (this could be a clash of personality styles or something else), maybe it was that it didn't sink in until it was too late. Pretty cut throat, feel like you are only good as your last deal. Feel like peoples past achievements are forgotten about or overlooked if things change/take a downturn. Not sure where things can go long term for career progression due to lots of managers, unsure of their structure long term even with the revised pathway to success? Apparently some people aren't happy with the revised plans, could result in them earning less money. Think there is a relatively high turnover in a couple areas of the business, but mainly its stable.

April 2, 2020Marketing Assistant

Thank you for your review and sharing your thoughts. We take on board your feedback and are grateful for this insight, in order to help us improve. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Morgan McKinley and wish you every success in your future.

3. "Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment, excellent commission and a wonderful development.

Cons

None that I can think of.

March 14, 2019Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for sharing your review with us. It's great to hear your positive views on working in our Sydney office. Long may it continue!

4. "6 months in and loving it!"

5.0

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for less than a year

Pros

I'm based in Sydney, working in the Accounting and Finance team for Financial services. As a career changer, I have found that Morgan Mckinley has provided me with a clear pathway to making my transition into recruitment as smooth as possible. They also advocate for; Work flexibility Onsite training and upskilling A professional yet fun work environment Great leadership and mentorship Overall my experience has been incredibly positive

Cons

Not loads of inter-team mingling but that seems to be changing with a few new initiatives.

February 12, 2019Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on working in our Sydney office. It's great to hear how highly you rate our development and culture! We wish you a long and successful career within the team.

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than a year

Pros

All the advantages of a global business with a strong brand within a friendly and supportive boutique environment. The two MDs in the Sydney office promote self-development opportunities and the wider business supports you in your endeavours. The atmosphere in the office is not solely KPI focused with an emphasis on building strong relationships with new and old clients alike. Outside of the office the business arrange quarterly events for high achievers, teams and the whole office alike. The work environment, high performing office and numerous social events lead to a strong camaraderie across the office. Having recently returned from Queenstown on the 'High Flyers' trip I can confirm you'll have a great time!

Cons

At times the global business and the Ireland / UK does have a habit of implementing new processes without trialling for an extended period of time. Or it may be that the new processes don't suit the Australian way of operating, however these are minor points and don't take away considerably from the functionality of the Sydney office.

August 22, 2016People Director

We appreciate your feedback. It's great to hear about your positive experience working at the Sydney office and we're pleased to hear you enjoyed the recent Queenstown trip! All insights and suggestions are valuable, and if you wish to discuss anything in the future please feel free to speak to our management team, or contact me directly and confidentially at awebb@morganmckinley.com We wish you a successful career in the company.

6. "The best place to start your HR career"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Sydney

I worked at Morgan McKinley for less than a year

Pros

- Friendly and welcoming work environment - Cohesive teamwork - Continuously open to new suggestions

Cons

- Use of the new database system was more manual

"Global support with a boutique feel but needs to move away from KPIs"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Its a friendly and supportive working environment that generally is an enjoyable place to work. As a global company there is support, strategy, and marketing material from Head Office whilst still feeling like a boutique company in Sydney Forward thinking regarding what a recruitment company will need to be in the future and our social media focus

Cons

Too KPI driven - experienced recruiters shouldn't be managed on how many calls they are making Whilst the hours are similar to most recruitment companies there is very little flexibility and people feel they need to stay late regardless of how early they start. Experienced recruiters know how many hours they need to put in to get the results they want. Some of the managers would really benefit from training on how to manage a team; its a very different experience depending who your manager is.

8. "Sydney!"

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time

Pros

-Excellent working culture, mature working environment (however still plenty of banter), collaborative team -You are given responsibility to drive your own desk and do what works for you in order for you to be successful -Candidate focussed and initiates to drive this. Consultants truly are service focussed -High achieving office, excellent client portfolio, Asia Pacific’s biggest billing consultants.

Cons

-Can be unstructured - you need to plan your day / week and be self-motivated (which can also be a pro!) -No espresso machine (being looked into)

9. "Great culture and progress"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time

Pros

Really good culture and good working environment

Cons

Lack of benefits Big focus on targets and KPI's

July 29, 2020Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you have positively rated your experience at Morgan McKinley and we wish you every success in your future with us.

10. "Company in good transformation"

Consultant in Admiralty

I have been working at Morgan McKinley for more than a year

Pros

-New MD is way different than previous Managment, he is nice, approachable and always open for conversation, always positive and brings good energy to workplace -open and democratic working environment now -Great client pool, lots of terms signed -Great resources for candidate sourcing -Good marketing team and tools to drive sales -Good L&D -Flexible working environment, not as robotic as the firms I worked at before -Work life balance, no need to wait for the manager to off duty, can go on time if you want -can earn a lot if you are hard working -peers are nice -Clean pantry with nice view, always have fruits and snacks

Cons

Takes few months time to drive all the changes

Found 28 reviews