Motley Fool Reviews

Updated 9 Jan 2021

4.8
Motley Fool CEO Tom Gardner
Tom Gardner
Pros
  • "Fools generally make for kind, thoughtful colleagues with a very rare bad apple in the mix(in 22 reviews)

• "Relaxed and modern work environment(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "Longer tenure, so Fools stay in their roles for longer periods of time(in 10 reviews)

• "Your career path is not laid out for you(in 9 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Awesome"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time

Pros

The best place I’ve ever worked

Cons

No real cons in my book

"Best place to waste your time and career"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Sydney

I worked at Motley Fool full-time for less than a year

Pros

You learn nothing no exposure perfect place to ruin your career

Cons

Check the pros for cons

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Analyst in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time

Pros

The Motley Fool has a great culture (including truly excellent benefits) and an awesome purpose (to make the world smarter, happier and richer) -- in the world of finance, the Fool is a bright spot in that we really do care about helping people/our members do well and have high ethical standards. It's a very optimistic company, and also very geared towards learning and growing. Although it doesn't always get everything right (pretty sure no company does), leadership definitely does legitimately try, and listens, which are very positive attributes. Last but not least, it has a super smart, friendly workforce so you make great friends there as well -- the company does a great job of encouraging connections not only for work collaboration purposes but also for social connections and a sense of belonging. It often feels like a family.

Cons

The business moves fast and things can be a bit fluid -- sometimes arguably too fast and fluid. I think that can be a difficult thing to overcome for people who prefer routine and more rigid structures in their workplace. Things are definitely not always exactly the same.

4. COVID-19

"Greener pastures"

Current Employee - People Team in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time for more than a year

Pros

I cannot say enough about The Fool. I am continuously blown away and feel like I’ve found my “dream company”. • Employee centric: leadership truly care about the people at the Fool and have committed to creating a culture that truly allow you to be your most authentic self at work....The perks and benefits, including an on-site gym, subsidized lunches, a masseuse, robust mental and physical health resources don't hurt either. • Transparent: Since the beginning of the COVID-19, leadership has given regular updates and kept employees in the know about what is happening and have done a great job of transitioning us into a full remote company. • Community: The Fool is place where you will be challenged and encouraged to be a continued learner. With that, you have an internal community of Fools that make themselves available to lend a hand, to educated and take a vested interest in your career progression.

Cons

* With the growth, the company is experiencing comes typical growing pains.

"The Best Place for Self-Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time for less than a year

Pros

A supportive environment that prioritizes emotional, intellectual, and career growth. Truly the best place for growing into a smarter, happier self. Easy to feel fulfilled in your work here.

Cons

The Fool is clearly making efforts to expand its diversity, but it has ample room for more. Can think of a couple of teams that are dominated by white men.

6. "good"

4.0
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Motley Fool part-time for more than a year

Pros

good very interesting work and very curious

Cons

everythig is ok and I have no cons

7. "Mostly good!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Marketing in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good upward mobility of you work hard and show results. Equity-based compensation available for high-performance. Career flexibility. Flexible culture.

Cons

Lots of people blissfully unaware they are working on low value/silly things can cause management to lose sight of the small group of employees driving the real $$ — leaving some people feeling under appreciated.

8. COVID-19

"The Grass is Greener"

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a dream company for those of us who are lifelong learners and intellectually curious. Not only is transparency sewn throughout every level of leadership, but Fools are so warm and welcome in sharing their skills, experiences and passions with you-- you only have to ask! It's also been wonderful to witness the adaptability and innovation that have surfaced through the current COVID landscape. From the precautions taken early on, to the flexibility and advocacy around what type of schedule works best for you and your family-- the Fool has had our backs.

Cons

With the innovative nature of this company, comes many changes and change is not everyone's love language. If you thrive in structure and knowing that your day to day is going to be the same for a long time, this might not be the environment where you'll feel you're being your best self.

9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Investment Analyst in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time for more than a year

Pros

Set your own schedule, be curious, great colleagues and environment

Cons

None that I can think of

"Proud to be at The Motley Fool"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company is always working to serve customers and employees. Even in times of debate the goals and desired outcomes are shared. There is a passion for doing the right thing in every corner of the business. The Founders are always available, always listening, and care deeply for humans. Leaders at every level work hard to serve. I have never seen a place where people cared for each other so deeply.

Cons

The pace and growth are always on such that it can be hard to pull yourself away from a job you love, people you care about, and a full Trello board. Taking time off takes focus.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 173 English Reviews