Myer Myer Team Member Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

John King
  1. "love the new looks"

Current Employee - Myer Team Member in Maroochydore

I have been working at Myer part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

meeting lots of nice people my work college in my dept and others are fab

Cons

sore feet and feeling tired

Myer2015-09-11

"Going broke"

Current Contractor - Myer Team Member

I have been working at Myer for more than a year

Pros

- Good staff benefits (10-15% off certain brands which add up when you're buying things on sale) - Some co-workers are nice

Cons

- They barely roster you on because they have money to pay employees (that's why there's only 5 staff across all departments) - Managers don't look at your availability. Will roster you on even if you N/A or you say your unavailable on that day. Sucks because out of all the days of the week they can roster you, they always roster you when you're unavailable so you have to give your only shift away - Most managers... don't work on weekends for some unknown reason. - Shifts only last 3-4 hours and you're normally running a department by yourself.

Advice to Management

- Stop hiring new Christmas casuals when your team are barely getting any shifts. Give the shifts to us. - PAY ATTENTION to the availability forms we hand in and when we N/A. Do not shift us when we can't work!!!!!

Myer2018-08-15
  3. "Not consistent"

Current Freelancer - Myer Team Member in Doncaster
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Myer for more than a year

Pros

It's a friendly environment, quite hard work sometimes but a very social and rewarding job. The staff are very nice and you make some great friends out of it!

Cons

Your hours aren't consistent. Unless you are contracted, you won't work much. I haven't worked for about a month and I have been completely free. Not only because they don't have a lot of hours to give out, but also that each manager has favourites. I had a fair chunk of work over christmas and thought I performed well, only to be shunted for my managers favourites. I have no other job. A lot of the staff will be... going back to Uni soon and I won't be, so I should be getting a look in for hours. However, I still don't have any shifts until almost the end of March. It is nearly the end of February.

Advice to Management

Don't have favourites. It's unfair on some and if you are not willing to give someone work, either fire them or actually speak to the person to tell them that you can't give them hours. I have had to find out through people, notably my sister who also works there, that they had to cut back on hours.

Myer2016-02-26
  4. "Great to work, but..."

Myer Team Member in Brisbane

I have been working at Myer for less than a year

Pros

I love that the focus is on making the customers happy as opposed to hitting targets as happy customers = targets hit. My workplace is a very friendly environment and it's a great experience to work in so many different departments plus learning a lot about the high level of customer service.

Cons

Having to communicate with other stores can be frustrating at times, and I miss working with a select few people and knowing them well as I did currently in a small family business. Work hours differ drastically each fortnight. Also, managers can be quite demanding and tend to want things done that are impossible without considering the consequences for team members.

Advice to Management

Managers, we can do our best but we're not superheroes. A little more respect at times would be highly appreciated.

Myer2015-09-10
  5. "Good place to work"

Myer Team Member in Melbourne

I have been working at Myer for less than a year

Pros

good pay and easy work

Cons

need more staff members on floor

Myer2015-07-24

"Great company for people who enjoy customer service"

Former Employee - Myer Team Member in Sydney

I worked at Myer part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great staff discount, often runs competitions for gift cards, some managers are awesome and really nice people - really make you feel appreciated and valued.

Cons

Sometimes you might be put in any section, regardless of where you want to be. They'll then tell you to just act like you know the merchandise in this area, so you end up just looking incompetent when a customer needs help.

Advice to Management

Instead of only picking up all the bad things the staff do and chastising them, try to reward the good efforts as well. Some of the managers were great, but some just seemed to feel the need to constantly criticise and put the team members down.

Myer2015-03-12