N2 Publishing Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

N2 Publishing CEO Duane Hixon
Duane Hixon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Area Directors in larger cities where there are more communities" (in 25 reviews)

• "You have to have a passion for it and if you don't you will not survive at N2 or as a business owner" (in 13 reviews)

1. "N2 Takes Care of its Team Members!"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Raleigh, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Raleigh, NC (US)

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

N2 values family time, high quality output and a healthy mindset. We're not just a company but we have a clear vision for healthy growth and leadership. Everyone on the team is valued and appreciated, and we are always encouraged to learn as much as we can to become better than we were yesterday.

Cons

The only downside is that N2 hires the best caliber of team members and standing out in a crowd of rock stars can be humbling! This can also spark growth and creativity where this is not a downside but another highlight for being part of a great team!

Advice to Management

Management should continue to value and care for its team members, to be transparent with all issues and to encourage healthy communication, to look internally whenever new positions arise, and to build new skills when matching new positions with existing team members showing positivity and promise.

2. "Hope to retire with N2"

Current Employee - Accounting Representative in Wilmington, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Accounting Representative in Wilmington, NC (US)

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

N2's culture is so unique and supportive - it's spoiled me for working in any other environment. I love what I do and the people with whom I do it.

Cons

If you're NOT into teamwork, collaboration, innovation and creativity then N2 isn't the place for you!

3. "Solid company"

Current Employee - Area Director in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Area Director in San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunities are there to make good money

Cons

It’s all about sales. If you stop selling you’re gonna find trouble

4. "N2 Rocks!!"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Wilmington, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Wilmington, NC (US)

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun, friendly, encouraging atmosphere. The people I work with at N2 are my second family.

Cons

You'll get to love the people so much, you'll never want to leave. Which really isn't a con. :)

"Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - Franchise Owner in Tyler, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Franchise Owner in Tyler, TX (US)

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work from Home, flexible hours, plenty of time off, Great money, Lots of training and help lines, three conferences per year, awesome and unique product, Very user friendly portal and publication article upload system, very high standards, gives back 2% of all company earnings to non-profits, many great area directors company wide, great culture and very high values

Cons

I seriously can not think of any cons to this business. I am 55 and worked for other companies throughout the years that were not sales related and it was just a job for me. N2 has been the best decision I ever made and I consider myself VERY fortunate.

"Dirtbags with a failing business model - Run!"

Former Employee - Area Director
    Former Employee - Area Director

I worked at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

For the most part, an autonomous work environment.

Cons

The vast majority of advertisers do not get return on investment for the exorbitant amount they pay for these ads and they constantly complain to area directors about it and request to cancel their contracts. Print advertising is dying faster than the speed of light. I felt so guilty taking money from these advertisers knowing that they would never make it back that I chose to leave the company. The leadership team is so unethical and slimy that they deleted their Yelp listing, which had a one-star average after hundreds of reviews. Try searching Yelp for N2 Publishing in Wilmington, NC. The leadership team will lie to your face - and tell you that if you aren't selling ads, it is your fault. But it is not your fault. You have a very limited product to work with that has no online presence and competes against google and yelp for advertising dollars. When I went through training at n2, I was told that it was my job to help businesses and find solutions for them. That is not the case - my real job was to sell ads no matter what, because if you don't, leadership treats you like a bag of garbage and tells you that you are a failure. It MUST be you - not their awful business model. I have worked many places in my career, but this is hands down the most corrupt. I would not recommend it to anyone, ever. I am truly embarrassed that I was ever associated with this company. I give them MAYBE another five years before they totally disappear. N2 will tell you that you can make 10K a month working for them if you commit to it. The truth is, 2/3 of the company make less than 5K a month, committed or not. Can you support your family on that? And by the way, I made a decent living with n2 and still walked away.

Advice to Management

STOP LYING TO PEOPLE - both area directors and advertisers. You should be ashamed of yourselves and the head games you play. If you can't be honest in the way you deal with people, close shop. You say you are a Christian organization - What would Jesus do?

N2 Publishing Response

4 Apr 2019 – Director of Human Resources

Hi there. We see your opinion of us is unlikely to change, but we’d like to take a moment to address some of the claims in your review for anyone else who might be reading. While print is certainly... More

7. "Great Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Business Intelligence Specialist in Wilmington, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Business Intelligence Specialist in Wilmington, NC (US)

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule (great work/life balance)
    Kind and respectful employees.
    Easily reachable and understanding management and executives.
    Laid back corporate policies.

Cons

Lower compensation and benefits.

"Great Company with Amazing Leadership"

Current Employee - Area Director in Waco, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Area Director in Waco, TX (US)

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Best atmosphere and company culture. Continually ranked as one of the best companies to work for. Consistent training and assistance from management. Franchise owners are some of the best to work with and learn from. Neighborhood publications are very well received and loved by residents of the communities they serve.

Cons

Ramp up can be challenging for potential new Area Directors who need income sooner. However, can also be rewarding once completed. Smaller town Area Directors can be somewhat isolated from other Area Directors in larger cities where there are more communities.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and thank you for the opportunity.

9. "Print shop"

Current Employee - Print Shop in Wilmington, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Print Shop in Wilmington, NC (US)

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, relaxing, flexible, and reasonable

Cons

Others to go above and beyond duties.

10. "Best Company Around to Work For!!!"

Current Employee - Contracts and Legal Affairs Manager in Wilmington, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Contracts and Legal Affairs Manager in Wilmington, NC (US)

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

culture, people, perks, flexibility, job

Cons

none applicable at this time

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!!