N2 Publishing Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

N2 Publishing CEO Duane Hixon
Duane Hixon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Area Directors in larger cities where there are more communities" (in 24 reviews)

• "You have to have a passion for it and if you don't you will not survive at N2 or as a business owner" (in 13 reviews)

"Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - Franchise Owner in Tyler, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Franchise Owner in Tyler, TX (US)

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work from Home, flexible hours, plenty of time off, Great money, Lots of training and help lines, three conferences per year, awesome and unique product, Very user friendly portal and publication article upload system, very high standards, gives back 2% of all company earnings to non-profits, many great area directors company wide, great culture and very high values

Cons

I seriously can not think of any cons to this business. I am 55 and worked for other companies throughout the years that were not sales related and it was just a job for me. N2 has been the best decision I ever made and I consider myself VERY fortunate.

2. "Great Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Business Intelligence Specialist in Wilmington, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Business Intelligence Specialist in Wilmington, NC (US)

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule (great work/life balance)
    Kind and respectful employees.
    Easily reachable and understanding management and executives.
    Laid back corporate policies.

Cons

Lower compensation and benefits.

"Great Company with Amazing Leadership"

Current Employee - Area Director in Waco, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Area Director in Waco, TX (US)

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Best atmosphere and company culture. Continually ranked as one of the best companies to work for. Consistent training and assistance from management. Franchise owners are some of the best to work with and learn from. Neighborhood publications are very well received and loved by residents of the communities they serve.

Cons

Ramp up can be challenging for potential new Area Directors who need income sooner. However, can also be rewarding once completed. Smaller town Area Directors can be somewhat isolated from other Area Directors in larger cities where there are more communities.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and thank you for the opportunity.

4. "Print shop"

Current Employee - Print Shop in Wilmington, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Print Shop in Wilmington, NC (US)

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, relaxing, flexible, and reasonable

Cons

Others to go above and beyond duties.

5. "Best Company Around to Work For!!!"

Current Employee - Contracts and Legal Affairs Manager in Wilmington, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Contracts and Legal Affairs Manager in Wilmington, NC (US)

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

culture, people, perks, flexibility, job

Cons

none applicable at this time

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!!

6. "Talks the talk AND walks the walk"

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time

Pros

Awesome people, culture, and genuine.
    Room for growth, management truly cares for well-being, and do what is best for their employees.
    Opportunity to grow both personally and professionally

Cons

If you don't like to work hard and consistently probably not the place for you.
    Start off pay isn't great but they do raises on performance.

Advice to Management

I love feedback and I'm not afraid to hear the truth, I would love more conversations on specifics on how I can grow. Not everyone likes that but direct conversations are great if someone is asking for those conversations.

7. "An amazing company full of incredible people and great opportunity!"

Current Employee - People Operations in Wilmington, NC (US)
    Current Employee - People Operations in Wilmington, NC (US)

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people of N2 are what really makes this organization special. Top down, everyone is cared for as an individual both professionally and personally. Because of this, the culture is incredible. We work really hard but have a great time working alongside each other. There is so much opportunity to grow here. I think I've found my forever work home. I fully intend to retire here.

Cons

If you aren't comfortable with change, then you won't be comfortable at N2. The growth of our company means that things change frequently.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

8. "N2 Culture Speaks for Itself"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC (US)

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is outstanding. The supportive, encouraging environment never dies down. You're always set up for success here, which makes you want to do the same for others. There's also a lot of room for growth.

Cons

Sometimes there are growing pains, but it's worth it!

Advice to Management

Keep the awesome culture, humble vision, and ambitious growth rate up!

"Franchise Opportunity Has Exceeded Expectations"

Current Employee - Sales Director/Franchise Owner in Camas, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Director/Franchise Owner in Camas, WA (US)

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My wife and I have been able to work together the last 4 years. After starting the franchise opportunity with N2 it was only 6 months before we were in a position to bring my wife home from her previous career in Human Resources. We've been franchise owners the last 4.5 years now and this opportunity has greatly exceeded our expectations in many ways. We love the community we work with in Camas, WA and built so many incredible friendships with people that receive the publication each month and we have met because of our work in the community. We are thankful to work with the most creative and kind business owners who are at the top of their professions in Southwest WA. My wife and I love the work life balance that goes along with the franchise opportunity.

Cons

In sales, it's never fun dealing with rejection. We can be our best employee or our worst employee with how we manage our time. Anyone in business has good days and bad days and like any business owner, it's up to you to pull yourself out of those tough days. We can reach out to our fellow franchise owners to help with that.

Advice to Management

Typically someone who takes longer than 6 months to go through ramp-up and take their publication to print isn't going to be a good long term fit because they don't have the drive to push themself. I think it would be helpful to have a clause in the franchise agreement that says something like, someone needs to achieve ramp-up in 6 months or less or they will not be allowed to be a franchise owner.

"Area Director"

Current Employee - Area Director in Sacramento, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Area Director in Sacramento, CA (US)

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work on my own time. My 'so called' managers are more like mentors and friends, than managers. This is a medium sized company, but I never feel like I'm working for corporate America. N2 cares about your family and work/life balance. They are there to help you succeed in any way possible. The culture is like no other! Everyone I work with is awesome, encouraging, helpful, supportive...NO WORK DRAMA...ever!

Cons

Just the stress of owning your own business. This is a franchise, so I am responsible! I have never owned my own business before, so sometimes that feels overwhelming.

Advice to Management

Really none!