Natera Customer Care Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Natera CEO Steve Chapman
Steve Chapman

"Good Stuff"

Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist Tier I in Austin, TX

I have been working at Natera full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Fantastic training program (Go Yesika!!) - Amazing co-worker support -Emphasis on work-life balance -Catered lunches to boost morale -Great work environment altogether, doesn't feel stressful or toxic -Very friendly staff -There's a sense that you're actually cared about and appreciated -flexible with schedule when situations outside work arise

Cons

-can't think of any right now actually

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Keep emphasizing a care for your employees. Honestly, I feel more appreciated here in these first few months than I thought.

Natera2019-04-26

"Customer Support"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Natera full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility, work from home privileges, great medical benefits

Cons

No slack in work, constantly forced to take on a million and one tasks, no freedom from the phone

Natera2019-02-22

"Great company. Difficult to Advance."

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Natera full-time for more than a year

Pros

Phenomenal benefits, opportunities to learn more than one department, and continuous improvement in your career if you are willing to put in the work. Company offers continuous improvment training for your career and has opportunity for change but less for advancement. Great chance to learn new things and grow your career when planned continuous improvement training actually occurs. Wonderful staff and the... building is new and great.

Cons

Based on the responsibilities and workload expectations, compensation is lacking. Management has too much on their plates and doesn't follow through on employee questions and requests. Promised continuous improvement training and opportunities are often postponed for months. Other promised job opportunities are postponed for months as well.

Advice to Management

Hire an additional manager or hand off some of your tasks to an additional administrative assistant. Be more tranparent regarding career advancement and learning opportunities.

Natera2017-10-24

"Favoritism for promotions.... STILL"

I have been working at Natera full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a great company in terms of products. I 100% believe in Natera's products and what they do for people. Catered lunches (if there's any food left by the time you get there) and free snacks. Great co-workers.

Cons

Tenure does not matter to this company. Customer care in particular. I can't tell you how many times I have seen many hard working individuals go for a promotion to be overlooked because management favorites others. It's is painfully obvious they go for the ones who are quiet and don't talk much. No matter if they have only 6 months experience vs someone who has 1+ years. Management is extremely new to the role and... have no prior management skills or experience. One literally got promoted due to being good friends with an old director. You will not advance in that dept with that kind of management, and tenure means nothing to this company.

Advice to Management

Promote those with tenure who have shown improvement and determination. NOT based on your own personal preferences. It's painfully obvious to many.

Natera2017-09-16

"I am so happy I made it out!!!!"

Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Hayward, CA

I worked at Natera full-time for more than a year

Pros

None really but they do offer benefits and hot lunches during M, W, F. They offer snacks too, just have to get there before all the greedy people eat them up (:

Cons

-Managers don't know how to properly manage workers; they also tend to micro manage a lot -Upper level management can be rude and lack people skills that are required to run a company -Cliquey environment throughout the company -Which results in lazy people getting hired into management, that have no prior experience and manage like mini tyrants -No opportunities for growth. Most of us in the support level jobs... had degrees from Universities but they most often choose to hire externally than within the company -Currently going through an expansion to Austin that made me and my coworkers fear for my job security -Pay is not sufficient for anyone to be able to survive in the SF Bay Area

Advice to Management

You have to treat employees better. We write our true feelings on the surveys, it would be nice if those issues could be addressed in a town hall versus being swept under the rug. This company has real problems, but I'm sure you can find solutions to them!

Natera2016-09-02

"Great place to work and grow"

Customer Care Specialist Tier I in Austin, TX

I have been working at Natera

Pros

You are able to work in a friendly environment that promotes growth and opportunity. This company provides a wealth of knowledge that transcends being just a job. You are able to take personal responsibility for helping people and families in every department.

Cons

Limited space at our current location. With the new building this will change!

Natera2016-06-23

"Okay"

Customer Care Specialist in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Natera for less than a year

Pros

Free food 3/5 days Nice team environment

Cons

Disorganized processes Too much work for the pay

Natera2015-10-19