Nestlé Purina Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Joseph R. Sivewright

1,117 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "I wish flextime/work life balance options didn't vary manager to manager for the same job" (in 83 reviews)

• "Long hours sometimes they can force you to stay extra hours to cover" (in 23 reviews)

1. "Employment"

Current Employee - Accounts Payable Officer in Smeaton Grange
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable Officer in Smeaton Grange

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free dog and cat food

Cons

Being made redundant, which is not good as its a good company to work for.

1 Mar 2018 – Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with feedback – it is how we grow and improve! You mention redundant work, we understand how this can reduce motivation, and frankly, it’s not contributing to... More

2. "Nice people"

Former Employee - National Account Manager in Sydney
    Former Employee - National Account Manager in Sydney

I worked at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice people, great passion, large scale

Cons

Too slow to react, need to improve quality and hire a broader portfolio of people

13 Nov 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback – we’re pretty proud of the passion our associates have for their work, too! You mentioned hiring more a more diverse workforce – we know... More

"Worst employer"

Current Employee - Tech Coordinator
    Current Employee - Tech Coordinator

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time

Pros

Great pay easy laid back workload

Cons

Poor management, nepotism is rife, favouritism is almost company policy, if you speak up about problems you are bullied and targeted

Advice to Management

Wake up you have great employees listen do t think that you are better than them

16 Sep 2016 – Human Resources

We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry to hear about some of these issues. We agree that we have really great employees in our organization – they’re our experts and the core of our... More

4. "Super Solid"

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time

Pros

Work life balance
    Passionate/competent co-workers
    You'd be hard pressed to find a healthier workplace. Any where will have difficulties and frustrations, but people are attempting every day to make it better.

Cons

If you're reading this it means you're researching the company (most likely). Nestle Purina is positioned well with a healthy culture, not perfect but healthy. If you want to be challenged then this will be a fit, if you want something that's easy then it may not be.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.
    Be sensitive to Project Agility flowing uphill as well. (Feedback is shared and stops, communicate back down)
    Priorities flow one way (Corporate to Sites)

5. "Storeroom Coordinator"

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time

Pros

The people are great!

Cons

Nothing bad to say about the company

12 Sep 2018 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback – glad to hear it! We hope you’ll consider referring top talent like yourself to a career with us: https://purinajobs.com/refer.

6. "Key Account Manager"

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time

Pros

Nice working environment and quick progress

Cons

Salaries are very low in comparison to other big companies in london

7. "Greatness"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsburg, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsburg, PA (US)

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*Pay
    *Benefits
    *PTO
    *Work life balance
    *Team oriented culture

Cons

I can't think of any!

Advice to Management

Keep rocking it! Best job I've had and I look forward to coming to work everyday.

10 Sep 2018 – Human Resources

We appreciate your feedback—from great pay and benefits to a team culture that fosters work-life balance, we’re pleased to hear you enjoy coming to work each day. Thank you!

8. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time

Pros

benefits, time off, work life balance, community involvement, gym on site, formula coupons

Cons

The timeliness of decisions could improve. It seems like it takes forever and everyone has to approve before it can go forward.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I understand you are trying to change the culture and that takes time. Change is inevitable during this process and understanding and accepting that makes the process much easier. Level setting expectations that it is ok to fail forward and that is how we learn and grow rather than look to punish.

10 Sep 2018 – Human Resources

Thank you for providing us with feedback. It sounds like you recognize many positive aspects, however, also see the opportunity to make decisions quicker. Let us just say – your feedback has been... More

9. "Want to Retire Here!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Team culture, smart/driven people, competitive will to win, flexible work environment, willingness to change to stay relevant with pets and owners, pet lovers!

Cons

Big company hierarchy can impede speed

Advice to Management

Continue to break down hierachy

10 Sep 2018 – Human Resources

Let us start by saying thank you—thank you for your 10+ years of service in addition to your willingness to provide us with feedback! We agree, our people are our greatest asset because of their... More

10. "Negative environment"

I worked at Nestlé Purina full-time

Pros

The people are what makes the company special. Many of the employees in more specialized/skilled roles are top performers. There are a lot of resources and also amenities such as gym and cafeteria onsite. Great place to learn and apply business fundamentals.

Cons

Morale has drastically decreased due to the results of unfavorable decisions being made for short-term profit targets. Company is very slow to react in a highly competitive and volatile climate. Strategy is a loose term as it is constantly being abandoned. Friendships often determine success, and hard work and business impact is overlooked. Promotions/raises and Roles and responsibilities are not fair and equitable. There are an extensive amount of people leaders that are not skilled at managing others and do not understand or care about the importance of coaching and developing others.

Advice to Management

Wake up! People are miserable and good people continue to leave the company. Purina will never be a top place to work again if you don’t put people first. Talent and culture is everything. Something needs to be addressed with complacent management, as well as the leaders that aren’t being held accountable for poor decisions. Until the good old boys club is gone, we will continue to see business declines, unhappy employees, nepotism, rewarding bad behavior and employees leaving the company.

20 Sep 2018 – Human Resources

I appreciate your feedback and many positive reflections on your time with us. You also share some valuable advice— I, too, know that the quality of talent and culture of our workplace are imperative... More

Showing 1,117 of 1,178 reviews