Nestlé Purina U.S. Reviews

Updated 9 Jul 2020

4.2
Nestlé Purina U.S. CEO Joseph R. Sivewright
Joseph R. Sivewright
Pros
  • "High level of importance placed on work / life balance(in 262 reviews)

• "There are so many positives but some of the highlights are the people, passion about pets, emphasis on quality, able to bring pets to work, the St(in 120 reviews)

Cons
  • "Days can be long but there is support to find work life balance(in 92 reviews)

• "Long hours sometimes they can force you to stay extra hours to cover(in 22 reviews)

1. "Purina is a great place to work"

I worked at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Quite independent than Nestle. Same WOW, but colleagues are pretty collaborative. A lot of development opportunities. Work/life balance is great.

Cons

As part of the Nestle group, sometimes even a small change takes ages. Management is obsessed with the KPIs

January 29, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback—being a part of Nestlé brings many benefits like growth and development opportunities but like any large company, it can slow processes down. Agility is now a pillar of our culture because we need buy-in at every level of the organization to own decisions and move quickly to remain competitive. We appreciate the ‘pulse check’ and will continue to focus on this moving forward. Thanks, again!

"Worst employer"

2.0
    Current Employee - Tech Coordinator

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time

Pros

Great pay easy laid back workload

Cons

Poor management, nepotism is rife, favouritism is almost company policy, if you speak up about problems you are bullied and targeted

September 16, 2016Human Resources

We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry to hear about some of these issues. We agree that we have really great employees in our organization – they’re our experts and the core of our business. I would invite you to contact me directly to discuss some of the things you’ve mentioned above. It’s very important that this is a safe, comfortable and pleasant work environment for you. -Garry D., Human Resources, Product Supply

3. "Great place to work. Plenty of time off"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Mechanicsburg, PA

I worked at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time

Pros

Time off is very well

Cons

Could pay salary more wages

4. "Awesome company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bogotá, Bogota

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Company values, respect for the employee

Cons

Too bureaucratic, sometimes it gets difficult to overcome it and reach your owns work objectives.

5. "Great company if you work in HQ, not so much in satellite offices."

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time

Pros

The sales training I received while at Purina was best in class and something that I have been able to apply to future jobs.

Cons

The company culture goes unchecked outside of the HQ, while working in satellite sales offices. As the saying goes "you do not quit a company, you quit a boss."

Continue reading
  6. "Only some opinions matter..."

2.0
    Current Employee - Warehouse in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Diversity and knowledge in workforce (different age groups, length of employment/ history/ knowledge, different ethnicities). Love/Hate family atmosphere amongst team members — able to have disagreements but still work together to get the job accomplished

Cons

Downhill VERY quickly. Used to be a great place to work for (hence 30yr career employees) but this will no longer be the case at Purina with the 'new' Allentown culture and values being demonstrated. Management changes nearly every year, and struggles are a cycle. Have to re set and align on expectations based on their personal agendas causing some to repeatedly get away with many things 😴🥱. "We're working on it" is said often, with VERY LOW level of accountability to see things through making the frontline look as though there is no understanding of the business and objectives. Preaches safety, but larger projects are delayed because of funding, yet funds spent on cosmetics constantly instead. Communication is terrible, as it depends who you ask... usually always a different answer. Able to celebrate Diversity but only agenda beliefs (BLM and LGBTQ+ Pride) but limits the first ammendment on their property by banning political items. Says it can be found offensive, but religious employees who are offended by PRIDE celebrations and others who are offended by the BLM, and believe ALL LIVES MATTER are unheard. You apparently can pick what is offensive for EVERYONE...

Continue reading
  7. "A Company with Vision, Strategy, Strong & Positive Culture focused on People and Leading"

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Last month I celebrated my 15th anniversary working for Nestle Purina and it is a milestone of which I am very proud. I often get asked why I have stayed with one company for so long and what I love most about Purina. It's easy to answer that question, because over my 15 years with Nestle Purina, I have consistently been stretched, developed and challenged. The organization has given me plentiful opportunities for growth and I have gladly accepted them. In my 15 years, I have held a variety of roles in the organization -- from consumer research to brand marketing to global digital and ebusiness innovation. These experiences have not only allowed me to contribute more and more to the organization, but also helped me grow as a person. I have learned new skills and have been provided the opportunity to lead people and help develop others, one of my most favorite and rewarding parts of my job. My time at Purina also has been enhanced in large part because of the people that work for the company. I have been surrounded by very intelligent, creative and resourceful colleagues who are highly passionate about what they do, the company they work for and the consumers and pets lives we impact. I also am surrounded by leadership who realize that their strategic vision for the future of the company is based in the team of people they hire and cultivate. Of course, there are other reasons, including but not limited to a great city to live in (Saint Louis), a beautiful campus to work on and robust benefits. I never tire of seeing and hearing people’s reactions to the benefit of being able to bring your pet to work. I would strongly encourage you to look at Nestle Purina and see if it feels like a right fit for you. I could not be happier that I chose to join the organization 15 years ago and I am excited for our future.

Cons

As a large organization with many moving pieces we continue to work hard to increase our flexibility and speed to market. We've made a lot of progress and we believe there is more runway left.

June 24, 2020Human Resources

First, thank you for your 15 years of dedication to Nestle Purina, what an accomplishment! Learning never stops, and your career path is a perfect testament to the significance of the career development tools and opportunities available to our employees. You also mention a need for flexibility and speed – we couldn’t agree more. Project Agility aims to provide that speed by defining decision ownership space and removing non-value added work. We appreciate your feedback and encouragement for others who are a great fit to consider us as an employer of choice. Thank you!

8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Production Data Coordinator in Mechanicsburg, PA

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of vacation time and good benefits.

Cons

Not many opportunities to advance unless you want to move straight into management.

June 15, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for providing us with feedback on your experience here in Mechanicsburg. We’re proud to offer competitive PTO packages and benefits to our associates and we’re happy to see you feel rewarded there. Our PTO package allows our employees to spend time with their families as well as time to recharge throughout the year when necessary. Climbing a career ladder can be challenging, but with developmental resources like trainings and eLearnings, obtaining those next steps in your career are reachable. Thanks again for your feedback!

9. "You will learn with Nestle tools to improve and develop your skills."

Current Employee - Senior Demand Planner in Bogotá, Bogota

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Interaction with several multitasking teams.

Cons

New management with not enough expertise.

10. "Awesome"

Former Employee - Production

I worked at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time

Pros

It was an awesome job

Cons

There was nothing wrong here

June 10, 2020Human Resources

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback on your role in production. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed your job here and we wish you the best in your career journey, and we’d love for you to consider us in the future https://purinajobs.com/stayintouch. Thanks, again!

Found 1231 reviews