Nestlé Purina U.S. Reviews

Updated 18 Sep 2020

4.1
Nestlé Purina U.S. CEO Joseph R. Sivewright
Joseph R. Sivewright
Pros
  • "High level of importance placed on work / life balance(in 262 reviews)

• "There are so many positives but some of the highlights are the people, passion about pets, emphasis on quality, able to bring pets to work, the St(in 120 reviews)

Cons
  • "Days can be long but there is support to find work life balance(in 95 reviews)

• "Long hours sometimes they can force you to stay extra hours to cover(in 22 reviews)

1. "Purina is a great place to work"

I worked at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Quite independent than Nestle. Same WOW, but colleagues are pretty collaborative. A lot of development opportunities. Work/life balance is great.

Cons

As part of the Nestle group, sometimes even a small change takes ages. Management is obsessed with the KPIs

Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback—being a part of Nestlé brings many benefits like growth and development opportunities but like any large company, it can slow processes down. Agility is now a pillar of our culture because we need buy-in at every level of the organization to own decisions and move quickly to remain competitive. We appreciate the ‘pulse check’ and will continue to focus on this moving forward. Thanks, again!

"Worst employer"

2.0
    Current Employee - Tech Coordinator

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time

Pros

Great pay easy laid back workload

Cons

Poor management, nepotism is rife, favouritism is almost company policy, if you speak up about problems you are bullied and targeted

Human Resources

We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry to hear about some of these issues. We agree that we have really great employees in our organization – they’re our experts and the core of our business. I would invite you to contact me directly to discuss some of the things you’ve mentioned above. It’s very important that this is a safe, comfortable and pleasant work environment for you. -Garry D., Human Resources, Product Supply

3. "Delivering in Challenging Times"

Current Employee - ORM in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Challenging Work, Directly impacts business results, Proud of how our team has responded to covid-19 crisis

Cons

Culture is resistant to change, Accountability can be a challenge

"Very Happy"

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company, fun industry, leaders in industry

Cons

Not much room for promotion

Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience as a Territory Manager in Grand Rapids. Our company’s culture is unique and it takes each of us to make it that way. We encourage our employees to look at their career path like a rock wall versus a ladder climbing to the top. Gaining business knowledge in various departments, as well as understanding the business’ needs is just as, if not more, important than levels. Our hope is you can have engage in open and transparent communication with your manager regarding your career path and future professional goals to be certain you feel most accomplished in your role. Again, thank you for your feedback as it is always appreciated!

5. "Great Work Enviorment"

Current Employee - Finance in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Growth and opportunites bring you dog to work

Cons

None at this time great place

Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! Bringing your dog to work is an exciting perk for employees but it also offers many benefits to our workplaces, like increased collaboration and a good reason to step away from your desk for a quick walk. Development is vital to the success of our organization and career growth for our employees, and we’re proud to provide the necessary resources to help our employees reach their professional goals. Thank you for sharing your feedback as it is always encouraged.

6. "Growth opportunities"

4.0
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good leaders to work with and overall working environment is good (safety first)

Cons

No cons I can think of.

7. "Great learning opportunity"

Current Employee - Engineering Mangaement Trainee in Davenport, IA

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great pay and health work environment

Cons

Long jours but day flies by

Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback on your experience in Davenport. We’re pleased to hear you value a healthy work environment, it takes everyone to keep safety top of mind. As you know, we’re experiencing a high-demand for pet food and litter, which can result in longer hours, but we’re always working to maintain a healthy work-life balance for our employees. Again, thank you for your feedback and keep up the great work!

8. "Great Place to start your career"

4.0
    Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The best thing is the people. I think most people share a common goal but also respect and care about each other as people at all levels. Also plenty of room to grow and develop your abilities and skills for your own career. Good compensation and competitive benefits Great way to build a network

Cons

Limited opportunity for promotions if you are not mobile. Inexperienced leaders can result in unhappy employees and low morale. Poor communication - seems like a lot of major decisions are made and poorly communicated. Factory locations need better employee morale

Human Resources

Our business couldn’t happen without our employees, so it is vital to the business to onboard and promote individuals who value all team members as well as team comradery. We know benefits are important when making a career decision, so we provide the best benefits possible to our employees and their family members. You mentioned you’ve experienced lack of communication, and we’d like to learn more about this. We do our best to be as transparent as possible starting with our leadership team. We encourage conversations like this with your direct manager so we can address these concerns to make your work environment as positive as possible. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hearing more from you!

9. COVID-19

"Nestle Purina"

2.0
    Current Employee - ORM Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Local company, 150 years old, continues to grow and lead in pet food innovation.

Cons

No longer much work/life balance

10. "Fantastic"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jefferson, WI

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay and benefits good coworkers and fantastic supervisors

Cons

Work lots and lots of overtime

Human Resources

First, welcome to the team! We appreciate your feedback on your experience in Jefferson. We’re pleased to hear your co-workers and leadership team is so fantastic. We do our best to recruit and promote top talent throughout our organization and your feedback let’s us know we’re doing a good job! As you know, we’re currently experiencing high demand, which means we must work together to meet the needs of our consumers. We’re pleased to hear our benefits meet your needs and hope you take the time you need to recharge and spend time with family and friends. Again, welcome to the team and thank you for your feedback!

Found 1253 reviews