Network Capital Reviews

Updated 11 Jun 2021

4.3
Network Capital CEO Tri Nguyen
Tri Nguyen
Pros
  • "life balance with the Network Capital team(in 167 reviews)

• "Positive environment where every mortgage banker is given an equal opportunity(in 48 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Nothing to even complain about Network Capital(in 56 reviews)

• "Saw some bankers on some top originator reports with loan volumes that are 100% inaccurate(in 47 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Hands down the best work environment I’ve ever experienced!

19 Apr 2021 - Mortgage Intern in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I just want to take this opportunity to shout out every single person in the office. Even the people I don’t interact with on a daily basis. Management may set the tone for how things are run and what they expect, but creating a work environment like the one at Network Capital is a group effort and I feel like that needs to be recognized. Every single one of us contributes to making our environment healthy, professional, compassionate, and considerate. Coming into this job, my bar was extremely low. I’d worked with several other similar companies where working conditions were practically that of a sweat shop. There was no respect shown by management, and my coworkers could barely stand one another. Petty competition and backstabbing were common and, looking back, I’m surprised I stayed as long as I did. The last year at Network Capital could not have been more different and I appreciate it so much more because of where I came from.

Cons

It’s not just hard to think of any cons, it’s also to write any that I do think of down. I don’t want anyone getting the wrong impression about working here. There’s downsides to be sure, but there’s downsides to working for every company. If you ask me, the upsides outweigh the downsides a million to one. So because I want to give an accurate representation of my perspective, I’m not going to write any cons in this section.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Horrible and a little sketchy

11 Jun 2021 - Mortgage Banker in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The had a great view in a skyscraper.

Cons

*they tell you as a banker you’ll be getting sent calls, and you just close on deals. In reality 1 in every 10 is okay, the rest are confused people as to why we called them. *it’s a little sketchy how they want us to get peoples information by phone, social and DOB and such things, most times people will not, some will occasionally but then those loans don’t often close. *they try to play it off that it will be easy to close loans and get a ton in commission. You barely get calls so you have to make calls all day. It’s 10 hour days with a horrible pay rate of $15 an hour. *they may or may not “loan” you money to get your licensing and if you leave before you close a specific amount of loans, then you may or may not have to pay it back.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best job I’ve ever had

5 Jun 2021 - MOrtgage Loan Originator in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not just the best job I’ve ever had. It’s the best PAID job I’ve ever had. When people claim we have the highest commission structure in the industry they’re not kidding. The amount of money you can make here is no joke. At the end of the day your level of success is determined by the level of effort you pour into your job.

Cons

This should feel like a second home to high achievers but maybe not the best place if you’re looking for something non demanding.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Couldn’t have asked for a better experience

2 Jun 2021 - Junior Loan Processor in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is constantly moving forwarding and growing. Sometimes it’ll feel like you’re moving at a thousand miles per hour. The energy is infectious but I won’t lie, it can tire you out by the end of the day. Not complaining. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience and I know I’m building a foundation I can build the rest of my career off of.

Cons

Prepare to give some serious hours of your life to this company. Play hard work hard!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

I love the people I work with

8 Jun 2021 - Mortgage Loan Officer in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you want a career and not just a job, then this is the place to be. I recommend Network Capital to anyone who’s looking for a steady sales job . You’ll have job security and the agency to make your role your own. I’ve been with this company for nearly a year and I couldn’t be happier.

Cons

Haven’t encountered a single one.

6. 2.0

No so good anymore

31 May 2021 - Senior Mortgage Banker in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

A good group of guys

Cons

Long hours and low payment. it use to be a good place to work but since the rate change the owner seams to be making deceptions out of fear. part of the sales floor is eating itself alive, burring leads, and do not call list transfers etc. lead quality is very poor, large groups of bankers are getting written up and threatened to be fired for the lack applications taken. i was putting in $5-6mil in loans in the pipeline but now the pricing is no longer competitive and seeing our deals evaporate , now im barley averaging a $750k in loans a month. which isnt enough to cover my draw, so i basically making minimum wage, and forced to pull overtime. there was never any work life balance,

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great learning experience

27 Apr 2021 - Mortgage Banker in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I bit off more than I could chew with Network Capital, but I learned a TON. You’d probably think I’d write a negative review since I’m no longer with the company, but I honestly don’t have anything bad to say. It didn’t work out because I genuinely wasn’t a good fit. My manager and every single one of my coworkers tried to help me adjust, but at the end of the day I just wasn’t cut out for it. But I learned a lot and I’m much happier with where I’m at now. If anyone from the office is reading this, thanks again you guys and best of luck!

Cons

Everything really just boiled down to the fact that this was not a good fit for me and that my calling lay elsewhere. It was a great experience and I learned a lot, but my advice is to make sure you know it’s what you want before jumping in.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Surprisingly good work/life balance

16 May 2021 - Underwriter in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Typically working in the finance industry (no matter what job) means that you can kiss any semblance of a work/life balance goodbye. But I’m pleasantly surprised that that hasn’t been my experience at all since I started working for NC.

Cons

None that I’ve noticed. I’m just so incredibly happy I’m not sacrificing every waking moment of my life to my job.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

My review

21 Apr 2021 - Closing Processor in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There’s a lot to be said in this section. First of all, NC offers great benefits and the salaries are fair, competitive, and indiscriminate (no favoritism or racism/sexism… the wage gap exists, but not at NC based on what I’ve seen). Second, the company is very generous with PTO and putting in a request is easy and will almost always be accepted. Third, the work environment is very positive and friendly. It’s hard to not like the people you work with because everyone is so willing to help each other out. Fourth, you get a lot of valuable experience in a short amount of time. NC is great at giving employees hands-on experience and throwing you straight into the thick of things. It can feel very “trial by fire” at first, but if you catch on quickly to things, you’ll appreciate the push. Fifth, management is actually approachable. No locked doors or stern faces. Almost everyone in management has a very approachable demeanor that’ll put you at ease and make you feel 100% comfortable knocking on their door at any time to get some advice, help, or discuss your long-term goals at the company. Lastly, the office space is well thought out. We’re not crammed in like sardines and there’s plenty of space to move around. Decent furnishings and the building is always kept very clean.

Cons

There aren’t half as many cons as pros. But I would say that the hours are very long. I’ve personally had a difficult time finding a good work-life balance and I’m sure several of my other colleagues would agree. Also, it took about 2 months for the licensing process at the beginning and I wish this period would have been much shorter.

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good income/ work culture could use improvement

5 Feb 2021 - Senior Loan Processor in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Like the income potential, benefits and OT., working remote. IT support is great! Nice guys! The company is investing in streamlining and care about customer service. Some staff members are super sweet and kind. It really helps dealing with kind people when working remote.

Cons

It feels draining at times and like they’re running mill house. No joy, no motivation from management, too many people under one lead. Feels like you can’t really ask for meaningful help without annoying your manager who also appears to be overwhelmed and miserable. Just feels like everyone is under a lot of pressure and keeps trickling down the line to you. Manager can be quite rude at times and quick to publicly humiliate you when you make a mistake instead of investing time into you to avoid the situation from being repeated. Management needs to encourage more, be quick to point out the good! Keeps down the high turnover. Who would want to stay long term at a place that feels like you’re not important?

2 people found this review helpful