Newcross Healthcare Solutions Reviews

Updated 30 Jun 2020

3.2
Newcross Healthcare Solutions Founders Michelle Gorringe and Stephen Pattrick (no image)
Michelle Gorringe and Stephen Pattrick
Pros
  • "Newcross really do support you as an employee(in 18 reviews)

• "They really look after you-office staff are cheerful and helpful(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "If you are looking to coast along then Newcross is not the company for you(in 22 reviews)

• "Salary for office staff isn’t that good and bonus scheme is hard to hit(in 14 reviews)

1. "HCA"

5.0
    Healthcare Assistant in Cardiff

I worked at Newcross Healthcare Solutions

Pros

After working with the Cardiff and Swansea branches, I had the benefit of working alongside friendly and professional staff with Newcross. Richard, Roger and Jodi at Cardiff were always accommodating, warm and approachable and would never fail to help me get the work I needed. Staff at Swansea were also very welcoming. Paid travel expenses is always a bonus, very good bank holiday pay, easy to use availability update methods via phone app, i-net or ringing in, on-call staff were always polite and professional. Newcross have a good reputation throughout the industry and it felt good to be representing them. Good training options, best office staff I've ever worked with.

Cons

I didn't enjoy 12 hour shifts though I could easily opt out of these and there was no expectation to have to do them, in fact after I picked up an extra shift at one of the homes I was working at my office staff in Swansea phoned me to check it was definitely okay with me (and that the nursing home wasn't leaning on me), this is one of many examples that show Newcross care for their staff.

April 6, 2016Digital Marketing Manager

Hi, thanks for taking the time to share your experiences. I'm so pleased you're enjoying working in our Cardiff and Swansea team, I'll make sure your comments are passed on to them. Thanks

2. "care worker"

4.0
    Current Employee - Deputy Care Manager in Malvern, England

I have been working at Newcross Healthcare Solutions full-time

Pros

flexibility work when I want too pay is higher than average

Cons

inconstant work pattern working in various care homes

June 25, 2020Newcross Healthcare

Thank you for the review. We've worked hard on ensuring our people have the flexibility to work when and where they want, managing their own shifts through our app, and have access to Flexi Pay same day pay. It's important to us that our employee experience is second to none and that we continue to innovate to make our staff's lives easier, while creating opportunities for a better work/life balance.

3. COVID-19

"Good company, not enough shifts"

Current Employee - Health Care Assistant in Royal Leamington Spa, England

I have been working at Newcross Healthcare Solutions part-time

Pros

Very good training opportunities offered, helpful management team, choose when you work.

Cons

Not many shifts available. Good if you are looking for 1 shift per week.

July 1, 2020Newcross Healthcare

Thank you for sharing your feedback. This is absolutely crucial in us delivering a first-class employee experience. We invest heavily in our training and have rolled out a host of free training to all staff to support our team during the pandemic. We're pleased that this alongside flexible working and shift management via the app have been welcomed. It's also great to hear that your support network within the business is working well for you. We recognise that the current times are challenging for many and, in addition to the new developments we are working on behind the scenes to increase shifts and boost client confidence, there are things branch can do to support you and would advise that you keep in touch with them and flag your concerns.

4. "Good company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Personal Care Assistant in Inverness, Scotland

I have been working at Newcross Healthcare Solutions full-time

Pros

Paid mileage, helpful management Good communication

Cons

There are no cons here

June 30, 2020Newcross Healthcare

Thank you for posting your review. It's great to see this feedback.

5. "Recruitment shambles"

Current Employee - RN Staff Nurse

I have been working at Newcross Healthcare Solutions full-time

Pros

Nil at present...decided to withdraw application

Cons

See below review....poor recruitment management. Had terrible time with them...did not appear to know what they were doing with my application. Poor communication within teams..

July 1, 2020Newcross Healthcare

Thank you for providing your feedback. We have strived during the pandemic to make our recruitment process more efficient. Our recruitment team has streamlined our onboarding process. It now takes just 48-hours from application to first shift and has been supported by the launch of our Virtual Shift training for both healthcare assistants and nurses. Whilst our original process required applicants to attend an interview and collect their ID card and uniform from their local branch, the new process can be completed safely from their home. Our healthcare staff have a digital profile to pick up shifts, with clients able to authorise timesheets and book shifts. This fully agile and virtual recruitment process was rolled-out within the first week of lockdown. Our new recruitment process has revolutionised the way that we work and allowed us to process thousands of applications per week during lockdown. We are very sorry that your experience does not reflect the experience of most. Please email communications@newcrosshealthcare.com should you wish to discuss this further.

6. "Private company"

Former Employee - Engineer in Lagos

I worked at Newcross Healthcare Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

lovely office space, friendly staff

Cons

nothing to say at this time

June 9, 2020Newcross Healthcare

Thank you very much for the review.

"Avoid at all costs!"

Former Employee - Office Staff in London, England

I worked at Newcross Healthcare Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Absolutely no pros to this company

Cons

You are promised full training - you get a weeks worth of e-learning alone and then expected to know everything. To put into some perspective of how bad this company is to work for, I had 3 regional managers in 6 months as they all either left or got pushed out unethically. After 6 months I was the 2nd most experienced staff member in the whole of the region. Again coming down to people jumping ship or being treated so badly. The senior management are the worse I have ever experienced. They have tunnel vision, never listen to the staff who are actually doing the job that could actually make the company slightly respectable. The company prides itself on quality but when you run out of staff and need more to hit your target you are quite simply told to "hire anyone who applies", and that advice came from the very top. How shocking! To summarise, it was the worst job I have ever had, not because of the role, but because of the company and senior management. I would quite simply advise anybody against working here as you will not have a career and you will be out a job in no time, either through choice or by being pushed out.

June 1, 2020Newcross Healthcare

Many thanks for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your expectations for the role were not met. Your experience does worry us as it doesn't reflect our understanding of current practice. Please do get in touch by emailing info@newcrosshealthcare.com so we can talk through your feedback and take appropriate action as needed. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, we wish you well with your future career.

8. "Some good but mostly bad"

2.0
    Former Employee - Support Worker

I worked at Newcross Healthcare Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Get paid weekly or daily (for a £2 admin fee). Record your availability and book in for shifts using the app. Wage was slightly above that offered by other care providers but still not great.

Cons

Newcross don't cover: Training Staff uniform Cost of travel to/form a shift (only travel between shifts) Cost of phone bill used for work purposes Rep of profiting from employees in the national media. Gig economy feel: Shifts can get cancelled without notice. Not guaranteed shifts close to home: I travelled 40 miles to a shift. No holidays. Holiday pay included with wages. Fend for yourself: Agency staff drafted in by client org. when full time staff off sick/leave work. Client org. regularly don't provide a shadow or any on-site training. Client org. employees not always friendly/helpful. Agency staff unprepared for working with vulnerable & high risk people. This leaves staff vulneable to misconduct for no fault of their own. Newcross charge a lot which deters client orgs from rebooking you. Though it's not reflected in your wages, you cost more than avg to hire. So, you are likely to move around a lot. Lack of coordination between head office and branch office. Newcross phone you a lot during work with clients. Phoning head office for urgent support on a weekend is hopeless. Newcross' commitment to put the client first is used to distract from not looking after their own employees.

May 5, 2020Newcross Healthcare

Thank you for leaving your feedback. We work hard to invest in both new technology and our people and are pleased to hear that our app and competitive pay were a big hit for you. We're sorry to hear however that overall, you appear to have had a negative experience working for Newcross Healthcare. This is not a standard employee experience and not something we wish to be our legacy. If you are comfortable making contact, please email hrops@newcrosshealthcare.com where we can set up a call to talk further.

9. "good"

4.0
    Current Employee - HCA in Plymouth, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Newcross Healthcare Solutions part-time for less than a year

Pros

straightforward process and shift selection

Cons

travelling to your shift areas

January 14, 2020Newcross Healthcare

Thanks for your review. Really pleased to have you on board. We've worked hard on the recruitment process recently and ensuring our app is serving you with a range of suitable shifts. Travel is always a point for debate, particularly in more rural areas. That said, we're sure you'll be a great asset and wish you all the best in your journey with us here at Newcross.

"The worse place I think I have ever worked."

Former Employee - Office Staff in London, England

I worked at Newcross Healthcare Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

The care staff are some of the most dedicated people I have ever had the privilege of working alongside

Cons

This role was not sold as a purely sales role, it was about building relationships. This role was unmanageable, you are expected to recruit, co ordinate booking shifts, arrange training, make service calls and then sales calls on top. Targets are unmanageable, the sales calls are cold calls and you are expected to call the same potential client every two days. Which is embarrassing and bordering on harressment. Expected to call Healthcare staff early morning when they have come off a night shift to book them in again for mid afternoon. Senior Management are rude, not willing to listen and quite honestly the management style went out in the 90s. Main issue was from training at The Bootcamp you are sold a completely different idea to what the rude, aggressive and callous management actually want from you. So much is said about the fact Newcross are not an agency, but are then told to face facts and stop fluffing it up and realise that they are an agency.

November 28, 2019Newcross Healthcare

Many thanks for your feedback – we are sorry to hear that your expectations for the role were not met. Please get in touch by emailing info@newcrosshealthcare.com if you would like to take this issue further.

Found 130 reviews