Found 54 of over 60 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Student funded which can be low pay" (in 5 reviews)
- 4.027 Sept 2023IT ASSISTANTFormer Employee, less than 1 yearSan Antonio, TX
- Plenty of room to grow - A nurturing/inviting environment
- Not always clear what might be expected - Pay could be a bit better
- 4.016 June 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 5 years
flexible, willing to help you grow, friendly team, many opportunities to learn new skills. great campus events. perfect place to work if you are a student or recent graduate. IT management are good people and friendly. the IT director is also very friendly.
slight disorganization campus-wide, needs better communication across NVC. also some people look down on IT and treat you a certain way, and/or look down on part-time and especially work study roles. however a lot of those people thankfully have or are retiring.
- 3.02 Jan 2023Program CoordinatorCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSan Antonio, TX
Great people and support for faculty+students; the college is young but making a name for itself.
None so far, but heavy workload for coordinators.
- 1.012 July 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 10 years
It's a stable job that is pretty hard to get fired doing.
Pretty much everything else. It is a job that really cares about winning awards without actually doing anything. The job is super toxic, and across all departments. It used to be something bad you only heard about through the grapevine, but now it is everywhere, in all departments. I'd be more specific, but to much detail can lead them find out who posted the review.
- 5.025 Aug 2022Computer Support SpecialistFormer EmployeeSan Antonio, TX
decent part time job to have if you are still in school and looking starting your IT career
not enough hours as a part timer
- 4.027 Apr 2022Full Time FacultyCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsSan Antonio, TX
The college is wonderful. Leadership is leadership... The Faculty work well together. Administration does allow autonomy and provides a clear way for academic freedom. Pay is top 3 in the state.
There is a disconnect between the college and the district that attempts many different initiatives that are divergent from student success.
Northwest Vista College Reviews FAQs
Northwest Vista College has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 60 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at Northwest Vista College to a friend and 74% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
86% of Northwest Vista College employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Northwest Vista College 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.