Notting Hill Genesis Reviews

Updated 4 Jun 2021

Found 120 of over 133 reviews

3.8
Notting Hill Genesis CEO Kate Davies (no image)
Kate Davies
Pros
  • "Good work life balance, flexible working available(in 20 reviews)

• "Amazing work life balance and very supportive HR team(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Hypocritical and poor management(in 4 reviews)

• "Sector is going through a lot of change and staff turnover is quite high(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

4 Jun 2021 - Deputy Finance Business Partner in Kings Cross, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic colleagues, interesting work, investment in wellbeing

Cons

Needs to embrace change more

2. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great place to work

1 Jun 2021 - Finance Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly staff and professionals opportunity

Cons

None. Staff and management are very good.

Recruitment and Resourcing Adviser

Thank you for your review and feedback. We try our best to make NHG a great place to work, so we’re happy to hear you enjoyed your experience at NHG.

3. 3.0

Manager discretion

27 May 2021 - Contracts in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing colleagues with a fantastic support system at ground level.

Cons

All decisions are at managers discretion. Too many managers in a short period of time so routines and work demands change. One day I had an amazing manager and then the next hid behind staff’s work - took credit for things done well and passed blame for errors.

4. 4.0

FBP Review

18 May 2021 - Finance Business Partner in Kings Cross, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A great place to work, deliver and learn. Open culture. Lean and getting things done

Cons

The environment is extremely intense. Keeping up and not burning out requires quite some stamina and personal self-awareness.

Recruitment and Resourcing Adviser

Thank you for your review. We work hard to ensure NHG is place where are stuff can grow and develop. We genuinely care about ensuring our staff have a great working environment so your comments are disheartening to hear but important for us to know. We are committed to protecting the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff. We recognise that workplace stress is a health and safety issue and acknowledge the importance of identifying and reducing workplace stressors. We promote a culture off open communication where people can talk about work or personal stress without judgement. We strongly encourage staff to speak up early to their manager, another manager or a member of the HR team. We also have Mental Health First Aiders and an employee assistance programme, which includes a confidential telephone advice and counselling service.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

NHG workload

3 Jun 2021 - Contracts Officer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people to work with across the company. Great fun, hard working and very supportive.

Cons

Staff are expected to deal with everything on their patch. It is too broad and thins the experience NHG wants its customers to have.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

great company

16 May 2021 - Housing Officer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

lovely staffs and manager, good facilities etc

Cons

none at all great place to work enjoyed my time there

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good employer

6 May 2021 - Human Resources Business Partner
      Business Outlook

Pros

good benefits package, good office location, competitive salaries for the sector,

Cons

constant and rapid change, limited use of progressive technology

Recruitment and Resourcing Adviser

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoy our benefits and feel the salaries we offer our competitive. We appreciate your feedback on changes and limited use of progressive technology. We our working hard to digitally transform services both for residents and staff to improve value for money and enable us to thrive. We have already invested in modern technology that has enabled our staff to deliver services, enhancing self-service and automation for routine and transactional services. We will continue to work with our staff and invest in the latest technology to improve the way we work. We really care about our staff and are aware that Covid-19 has changed how we deliver our services. We’re aware of how unsettling change can be for staff and that’s why we’re committed to being transparent and keeping an open dialogue with staff through change as we value their input and want to ensure their overall wellbeing. We really want to learn from staff experiences. We encourage you to let us know (via your manager) if there’s something specific we could have done better.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Salary

21 Apr 2021 - Care Coordinator in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very competitive for this post

Cons

Too much work for some services

Recruitment and Resourcing Adviser

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you feel the salary for your role is competitive. We appreciate your feedback on workload. We are working hard to get the balance of our roles right, especially where they have changed recently. We really want to learn from staff experiences. We encourage you to let us know (via your manager) if there’s something specific we could have done better.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work.

15 Apr 2021 - Property Management Officer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team, only 35 hours a week, manage your own workload.

Cons

A lot of work to do, can be quite demanding.

10. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A little backwards in their approach to working. Some senior managers are incapable of doing their jobs

17 Apr 2021 - General Office Clerk
      Business Outlook

Pros

Does have a diverse workforce.

Cons

Before Covid lock down NHG had a very old fashioned approach to flexible ways of working. They have set nine to five hours and expected staff to be the office full time. Working from home was not an option. Having proved that office staff CAN work from home NHG are considering ways of working that can be more flexible. I have yet to see what this looks like, but knowing that the CEO is not keen on working from home arrangements, I think this will be quite limited - time will tell. NHG are trying to get with the times using technologies to improve our performance. I feel like this move has come about 5 years too late. I have worked in other organisations who have been moving with better technology platforms years ago, so coming here felt like I was taking a step back in time. To be frank, those new systems we're trying use are basic and are not actually performing very well. I have seen so many mistakes made by senior management going back years and now the team are trying to rectify these issues which cannot be done in our normal work hours. It has been evident that the senior manager leading our teams hasn't got a clue about the field of expertise they should have - it makes me wonder why on earth they were recruited in the first place.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 120 Reviews