Nous Group Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Nous Group Reviews

Updated Oct 7, 2019

4.0
Nous Group Managing Director Tim Orton (no image)
Tim Orton
Pros
  • "Flexible working arrangements, available to people at all levels and in all roles(in 12 reviews)

• "Great culture, flexible work patterns, ability to work on a wide variety of projects(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "The self management style/flat structure of work can sometimes lead to issues not being addressed fast enough(in 4 reviews)

• "A lot of public sector work with few private sector clients(in 4 reviews)

1. "Great culture, flexible working and learning opportunities"

Current Employee - Consultant in Canberra

I have been working at Nous Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone gets to know each other well and you feel like you always have friends, advocates and support networks at all levels of the organisation. Strong team culture, everyone recognises that if we all improve we're all better off so we don't have to compete with each other. Flexible working arrangements - I'm studying part time while I work and they're very accommodating. Nous always encourages you to teach... each other and learn from each other.

Cons

Self-management can be challenging but the rewards generally outweigh the costs. It means you might need to build your own support networks alongside your formal ones.

Advice to Management

I think more time needs to be earmarked for professional development. Obviously client needs come first, but I think being in charge of your own professional development means it's easy to push it further and further down the list and not prioritise it.

Nous Group2019-09-10
  2. "Great place to get a toe hold into consulting"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Melbourne

I worked at Nous Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easier interview process; relaxed dress code

Cons

Pay isn’t great, high churn

Nous Group2019-10-07

"Solid workplace"

Current Employee - Executive and Project Assistant in Sydney

I have been working at Nous Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast pace and lively workplace. Smart people who are always a pleasure to work with. Always something interesting to work with, and lots of opportunities to be exposed to different industries. A really great caring culture.

Cons

The self management style/flat structure of work can sometimes lead to issues not being addressed fast enough. While there are many opportunities to up skill, there is not any clear path for career progressing in this particular role.

Nous Group2019-08-26
  4. "Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Executive and Project Assistant in Melbourne

I have been working at Nous Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nous practices what they preach! I have never felt so comfortable and supported in a workplace.

Cons

Nous offers an autonomous style workplace, this might not be for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and thank you for always looking at ways to help up skill and support Nousers.

Nous Group2019-08-22
  5. "A uniquely supportive, flexible but intellectually stimulating workplace"

Current Employee - Director in Sydney

I have been working at Nous Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Intellectually challenging projects across a range of sectors and clients, including government, not for profit and private - Colleagues who genuinely care about and invest in your development and wellbeing - Flexible working arrangements, available to people at all levels and in all roles. A real push to ensure Nous works for everyone, but particularly part-timers and parents of young families -... Opportunities for growth and development, both on projects and within the company, as well as externally (short courses, longer term study) - Opportunities to take time out when needed, such as unpaid leave and career breaks - Great hours by consulting standards

Cons

- For some, the intense, fast paced work that consulting offers can be challenging to adapt to depending on your previous roles, but Nous recognises this and provides support during onboarding and ongoing

Nous Group2019-08-23
  6. "Values best management consultancy"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Melbourne

I worked at Nous Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Incredible exposure to experienced, senior principals - Operates with trust and autonomy - Wonderful learning curve across multiple projects from the get go - Culture is top notch and values are as genuine as they come

Cons

- Pay is a little low compared to other management consultancies

Nous Group2019-07-28

"Lovely people but long hours"

Current Employee - Management Consultant

I have been working at Nous Group part-time

Pros

Great culture Interesting work Travel opportunities Self management

Cons

Long hours Leadership is not particularly invested in younger consultants

Nous Group2019-07-07

"The worst company HR is awful"

Former Employee - Consultant in Sydney

I worked at Nous Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pros are limited. There is some genuinely nice people at nous. They promise a lot.

Cons

The worst company I’ve ever worked for. People are so arrogant and treat others unprofessionally and frankly just mean: they have a ‘flat structure’ so people can be awful and in my experience and from what I hear from the amount of people leaving; people lie; manipulate; and self serve: HR in Sydney doesn’t understand the HR law in Australia. They knew certain issues were happening an actively chose to ignore.... I was advised my role was different than what I ended up doing and turned down other roles to pursue a role which never actually was what I agreed to work. These perspectives are shared across a lot of People there.

Advice to Management

Replace HR in Sydney Listen to your staff

Nous Group2019-07-21

"Lazy, smug, self-satisfied"

Former Employee - Consultant in Melbourne

I worked at Nous Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of government work, lots of scope to slack off in the name of "self-management" and "culture".

Cons

Arrogant, self-satisfied, smug leadership. Defensive and conservative - no real growth opportunities.

Advice to Management

None - why would they listen?

Nous Group2019-06-13
  10. "Great company"

Current Employee - Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Nous Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cons

Can be high stress, self managed culture can be hard to get used to, can be locked into a particular industry

Advice to Management

Ensure on-boarding is appropriate, provide opportunities for staff to move into different industries and projects more easily.

Nous Group2019-01-15