Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun "heat" Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun Employee Reviews about "heat"

Updated 20 Jun 2019

Found 63 reviews

3.6
Matt Ouimet
Pros
  • "great summer job with reasonable hours(in 5 reviews)

• "Worlds of fun is a great place to have a first job(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours and guests are never kind even though you save their kids(in 9 reviews)

• "Working at Worlds of Fun meant that you were working out in the heat all summer(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "heat"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Loads of hours"

Former Employee - Park Services

I worked at Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun for more than a year

Pros

make lots of friends, meet many new people, great first and summer job

Cons

loads of hours (40+) in heat

Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun2017-07-15
  2. "Ride operator"

Former Employee - Seasonal Ride Operator/Attendant in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun full-time for more than a year

Pros

As a ride operator, it was nice to make the days of the customers and give them the experience that they paid for.

Cons

The biggest con of the job is the responsibility to pay ratio. Even though you have to deal with a lot of angry/drunk people, irrational customers, and heat/weather conditions, you are paid minimum wage. Additionally, the low-level leadership structure doesn't make the job any easier. In many cases, you have to deal with a lead that actually has less experience and know-how...

Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun2016-03-09

March 10, 2016HR Director

Thank you for your review. Over the last year, we've increased compensation for all positions significantly. All positions are paid higher than minimum wage. Ride Operators start between $8 - $9.00 / hr. We hope you will consider giving us a second chance in the future.

3. "Not what you expected at all"

Current Employee - Park Operations Supervisor in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun part-time for more than a year

Pros

You can make great friends and can learn what you do and don't want from a quality job. You get a bonus if you stay the whole season but also dependent on how managers feel about you. Easy to get promoted to a higher position,

Cons

Poor communication from management, Can change your schedule a day prior to working, One day off, Guilted into not taking days off, Not enough pay even with the pay raise for the amount of work that is being asked for, Very poor structure of scheduling, Can be pulled to another department even if you feel uncomfortable doing so, Poor budgeting, Working in the heat

Advice to Management

Learn to better communicate to employees, Put forth the money to build better employees, Start listening to employee suggestions

Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun2015-10-14

January 4, 2016HR Director

Thank you for your feedback. I'd appreciate any suggestions you have on ways to improve communications. Please reach out to me at robert.herschede@worldsoffun.com.

4. "Games Ambassador"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun

Pros

This was a great summer job that would allow me to save money for school and make friends at the same time. It was flexible to my schedule.

Cons

Working at Worlds of Fun meant that you were working out in the heat all summer. Also it meant that you had to give up some nights and weekends to be able to work.

Advice to Management

I think that management needs to take the employers age into consideration more often. Sometimes they would make policies that would negatively affect the work force.

Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun2015-09-01

September 6, 2015HR Director

Thank you for your feedback on your employment experience. It sounds like overall you had a positive experience with us. I would appreciate an opportunity to speak with you further regarding the policies you feel negatively affected the workplace. Please reach out to me at wofhr@worldsoffun.com.

• "My experience as a seasonal employee."

Current Employee - Ride Ambassador in Kansas City, MO
      No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun part-time for less than a year

Pros

excellent access to management diverse co-workers plethora of hours

Cons

long hours, unbearable heat understaffed at the end of season bad customers

Advice to Management

More shade during peak summer seasons. Making sure that employees are well hydrated through out the year.

Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun2015-01-27

August 4, 2015HR Director

I'm sorry to hear that you would not recommend working for Worlds of Fun / Oceans of Fun to others. I'd appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experiences with you further. Please reach out to us at wofhr@worldsoffun.com.

Found 63 reviews