Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun "summer job" Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun Employee Reviews about "summer job"

Updated 20 Jun 2019

Found 63 reviews

3.6
Matt Ouimet
Pros
  • "great summer job with reasonable hours(in 5 reviews)

• "Worlds of fun is a great place to have a first job(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours and guests are never kind even though you save their kids(in 9 reviews)

• "Working at Worlds of Fun meant that you were working out in the heat all summer(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "summer job"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "You WILL save lives"

Current Employee - Aquatics Lifeguard in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-I needed a summer job since I couldn't work during the school year since I was in college so it was the perfect amount of time to work. -Starting pay is $10.25. -If you want to work a lot of hours, this is the place. If you want to work just a few, be open about it. They are typically pretty understanding unless you tell them about a conflict at the last minute. -The first aid training is some of the BEST out there....

Cons

-A lot of people that work here are pretty young and it can seem pretty "drama-filled" -They will work you a LOT if you aren't upfront about the shifts you want to work. They have honored the time off I have needed every year, but let them know in advance. Try to input your entire summer schedule into WhenToWork before you start working or you will be worked a lot. -Overtime is obtained after 54 hours because it's...

Advice to Management

Help associates with their drama and don't spread their drama to the other higher-ups who it doesn't concern. Higher ups can have their own petty drama as well

Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun2019-04-24
  2. "lifeguard"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun

Pros

great summer job with reasonable hours

Cons

its just a summer job

Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun2017-11-02
  3. "meh"

Former Employee - Guest Services

I worked at Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun

Pros

you meet the best people, normally your coworkers and it's a great summer job to make some extra money.

Cons

there is obvious favoritism especially in the admissions department, it normally takes them weeks to get your requested availability (they will schedule you for days that you aren't available even if you have stated it previously) all the supervisors are college kids which makes the environment fun but they also act like children sometimes

Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun2017-11-12
  4. "Loads of hours"

Former Employee - Park Services

I worked at Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun for more than a year

Pros

make lots of friends, meet many new people, great first and summer job

Cons

loads of hours (40+) in heat

Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun2017-07-15
  5. "Games Ambassador"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun

Pros

This was a great summer job that would allow me to save money for school and make friends at the same time. It was flexible to my schedule.

Cons

Working at Worlds of Fun meant that you were working out in the heat all summer. Also it meant that you had to give up some nights and weekends to be able to work.

Advice to Management

I think that management needs to take the employers age into consideration more often. Sometimes they would make policies that would negatively affect the work force.

Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun2015-09-01

Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun Response

September 6, 2015HR Director

Thank you for your feedback on your employment experience. It sounds like overall you had a positive experience with us. I would appreciate an opportunity to speak with you further regarding the policies you feel negatively affected the workplace. Please reach out to me at wofhr@worldsoffun.com.

Found 63 reviews