Oliver James Associates Reviews

Updated 11 Aug 2020

4.7
Oliver James Associates Managing Director James Rogers
James Rogers
Pros
  • "but with a company like OJ, it's actually been amazing(in 36 reviews)

• "The staff are rewarded for their hard work- lots of staff entertainment(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, but that is a given if you want to become a successful recruiter(in 66 reviews)

• "Most of the frustrations around working hours / flexibility have been addressed(in 28 reviews)

1. "Great recruitment business to work for"

4.0
    Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Manchester, England

I worked at Oliver James Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very impressive, experienced consultants to learn from Work with the very best clients in given vertical markets in FS and Insurance Good promotion pathway for junior consultants Well looked after in terms of social events and office engagement Brilliant leadership and access to Directors/Owners when needed

Cons

Only downside I'd say is no incentives for payrises - yes there's commission but for people who have stayed with the business for a while they should be rewarded for their loyalty and have something in place to ensure peoples pay goes up. Hard to move from Managing Consultant to Principal unless you've been with the business over 5 years.

August 12, 2020Marketing

Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your time at Oliver James. It's great to hear you enjoyed the social events and office environment, and found the leadership and access to Directors/experienced consultants beneficial. Your feedback has been taken on board and will be passed onto the management team. We wish you all the best for your new role.

2. "Excellent - I love it !"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Oliver James Associates full-time

Pros

Guidance, support, and the road map to success are the key Pro's from Oliver James. I owe a lot to the people I have met in OJ in terms of personal and professional development. The incentives are great and the staff parties are incredible, technology-wise OJ invest in the best.

Cons

Hard work this business is for people who are ambitious not for those who want to coast, Oliver James, rewards ambition, and drive.

July 27, 2020Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear you are enjoying your time with us and are finding the personal and professional development particularly useful. We wish you every success in your role at Oliver James.

3. "Fantastic Company, great leadership and training"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Oliver James Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

Training is extensive and high quality, coming from another Dublin Based Recruitment Company I have learned more <2 months than my time in any other company. Very clear and well defined promotion road-map, friendly commission structure and great offices Excellent culture and team environment, can pull any member of staff, whatever the seniority aside and have an open and honest conversation Great team environment for both the highs and low points of the Job

Cons

I haven't experienced any cons in my time

July 22, 2020Marketing

Thank you for your review, it’s great to hear you are enjoying your time with us. We wish you every success in your role at Oliver James.

4. "Great company"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Oliver James Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- market leaders in their field, very strong brand and reputation - great platform to earn good money, strong commission structure - strong leadership, and clear direction, with flexibility to enter new markets and adapt to changing market conditions - fun environment

Cons

- Hours can be long at times

July 1, 2020Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. It’s great to hear you are enjoying your time at Oliver James. We wish you every success in your role with us.

5. "Great"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Manchester, England

I worked at Oliver James Associates full-time

Pros

Motivating KPIs Great incentives and commission structure

Cons

Long hours most days Very formal

June 26, 2020Marketing

Thank you for your review. We are glad you are enjoying your time with us. Your feedback has been taken on board and we wish you every success in your role with us.

6. "A brilliant and inclusive recruitment company to work for"

Current Employee - Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Oliver James Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great support in promoting females in the business. Each year the business holds an event for International Women's day and are continuously striving to have an even ratio of females to males in the business. Along with having more female Directors than in other businesses I have worked at previously. The business welcomes those who want to develop whether it be in Sales or Operations. If you have a vision of where you want to go in the business the Directors fully support you- along with having our own Learning & Development team who are always offering constant support and training. The staff are rewarded for their hard work- lots of staff entertainment. The Managing Directors care about the staff and therefore hold huge summer & Christmas events across the group. Having worked for another recruitment company in the past I hadn't received the same staff incentives as we do at Oliver James.

Cons

No huge cons- obviously working within a hardworking and competitive environment is expected for a recruitment agency, but that's something I personally like.

June 26, 2020Marketing

Thank you for your review. We are always working hard to ensure Oliver James is a diverse, equal and inclusive place to work, so it’s great to hear your feedback. We are happy to hear you are enjoying the training, incentives and summer/Christmas events. We wish you every success in your role with us.

7. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Oliver James Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have worked at Oliver James for just over one year and it is by far the best company I have ever worked for. There are many company benefits including weekly Friday drinks, regular staff events that bring everyone together, and extended lunch breaks so that you can go to the gym. They invest a lot into their staff and provide excellent training as they genuinely care about staff development.

Cons

It can be a challenging environment as it is very target driven and the hours are long, however, the benefits outweigh this, and hard work is rewarded

8. COVID-19

"Great flexibility with working mums and fun place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Oliver James Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Supportive with working mums, great flexibility around start and finish times to suit my lifestyle. Fantastic offices. Top billers you can learn from daily and senior management are very accessible and willing to help.

Cons

I don't have anything of note.

June 26, 2020Marketing

Thank you for your review. It’s great to hear you are enjoying your time at Oliver James and feel supported, especially during these uncertain times. We wish you all the best in your role with us.

9. COVID-19

"Highly recommend - Great place to work"

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Oliver James Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

Starting a new job during a global pandemic can be pretty intimidating...but with a company like OJ, it's actually been amazing!I've been blown away by the amount of support I've received from co-workers and management. I highly recommend this company! With OJ you get: - great culture - management that truly cares - &spectacular earning potential

Cons

long hours- but it pays off

June 8, 2020Marketing

Thank you for your review. It’s great to hear you have felt supported by colleagues and management during these uncertain times, especially when so new into your role at Oliver James. We wish you all the best in your role with us.

10. "Drives you to be the best version of yourself"

Current Employee - Manager in Amsterdam

I have been working at Oliver James Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great management Very good training Atmosphere is amazing Very strong client portfolio Even better candidate portfolio & recruitment model

Cons

You need to organize your day and efforts because the demand of success increases with the amount of experience. You need to want to become or be a high achiever, if you’re up to it the opportunities can be amazing

June 8, 2020Marketing

Thank you for your review. Your feedback will be passed onto the team so we can ensure we continue to improve. We wish you all the success in your role with us.

Found 250 reviews