Olympus Corporation of the Americas Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Olympus Corporation of the Americas President and CEO Nacho Abia
Nacho Abia

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "The work-life balance is non-existent for me" (in 13 reviews)

• "Upper management is never held responsible for large scale mistakes" (in 26 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Working for Olympus Surgical Technologies America in Brooklyn Park, MN"

Former Employee - Buyer in Brooklyn Park, MN (US)
    Former Employee - Buyer in Brooklyn Park, MN (US)

I worked at Olympus Corporation of the Americas full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been working for Gyrus ACMI dba Olympus Surgical Technologies America in Brooklyn Park, MN for close to 12 years. Excellent company to work for. This organization values employees and shares a healthy work-life balance. I would recommend Olympus Surgical Technologies America to anyone who is looking for an excellent Medical Device organization in the Greater Twin Cities are.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about Olympus Surgical Technologies America.

Advice to Management

NA

2. "Changing organization"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Olympus Corporation of the Americas full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Introduced core values
    Flex time
    Development for leaders to be more effective

Cons

Would like to see senior leadership demonstrate the values

Advice to Management

See above

3. "Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA (US)

I have been working at Olympus Corporation of the Americas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, great people. Flex time. Striving to improve.

Cons

Consistently reorganizing and losing people or letting people go. Makes employees feel uncertain. Job stability for American workers is questionable.

4. "Very good place to work!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Center Valley, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Center Valley, PA (US)

I worked at Olympus Corporation of the Americas full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good compensation, good culture, ethical. Low turnover!

Cons

Too much bureaucracy and a silo mentality gets in the way of efficiently serving customers. Can be frustrating to get things done.

Advice to Management

Streamline sales support operations and processes. Cut much of the red tape to get basic things done.

"Global Technology Leader in Medical Technologies"

Current Employee - Sales in Center Valley, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Center Valley, PA (US)

I have been working at Olympus Corporation of the Americas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New governance, leadership and human resources framework has transformed Olympus and paved the way for accelerated growth.

Cons

Only dedicated employees that are committed to a culture of continuous improvement and accountability enjoy working at Olympus Medical.

Advice to Management

Continue to engage the employees in the bold new future and keep the organization future focused.

6. "Software R&D"

Former Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer in Quebec, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer in Quebec, QC (Canada)

I worked at Olympus Corporation of the Americas full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Intersting field of application (NDT) , driven tech managers pushing to create innovation, Incredible social culture. Managers were great and worked on people growth.

Cons

"King pin" at product management left and got hard to have clear specs and collaboration went away, was not fun anymore .

Advice to Management

Should keep putting effort on creating a "local" feel in this World size organisation.

7. "Great core products"

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Olympus Corporation of the Americas full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Best in class products by a mile. One of the highest market penetration rates in the industry
    Middle management is great.

Cons

Upper management seems to be disconnected from the field. Never seemed open to suggestions from field.
    Compensation has decreased over the last 3 years pretty significantly. High volume sales, low net revenue compensation (compared to market average)

8. "Grateful"

I have been working at Olympus Corporation of the Americas full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I'm grateful to work at a company with so many wonderful people. The benefits are great and flexible work schedule improves work life balance.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to get things done.

9. "Management is ridiculous"

Current Employee - Medical Scopes
    Current Employee - Medical Scopes

I have been working at Olympus Corporation of the Americas full-time

Pros

Workers are hard workers. Get pushed hard and manage to do great even under crazy pressure. Being expected to perform magic.

Cons

Down side.. things can be very unfair. Between shifts some people leave messes or don’t clean their station. But you still get in trouble for it and have to clean it. Another ridiculous thing is they push you hard, yet, they give you other stuff to do. People can’t be in two places at once. They will be angry and question your productivity.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees better. And don’t expect things to be done in a day when the assignment given takes weeks. You may be stressed out about numbers, but, we are more stressed out because we are the ones working extremely hard and long whilst keeping the quality up to par.

10. "Talent is leaving rapidly"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Olympus Corporation of the Americas full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Some of the people I've worked with are very talented. So many have left over the last six months.

Cons

Executive committee and directors do not practice company core values. The company SBC/MBC split has built walls/ kingdoms and effectively destroyed the teamwork.

Advice to Management

Would fall on deaf ears..............