Omnitracs Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

2.7
Omnitracs CEO Ray Greer
Ray Greer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Easy work, laid-back environment, time-off and friendly staff" (in 9 reviews)

• "Excellent work environment ascetically" (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Very low pay for amount of work" (in 13 reviews)

• "This is why we have issues hiring experienced mid-career talent and why we have a glut of 20-somethings in entry-level" (in 8 reviews)

1. "New CEO...hired in February 2018 to join with the team to drive industry innovation. I’m pleased to be here."

Pros

Team is willing and able to execute on a strategic agenda that will revolutionize the industry in ways never considered heretofore

Cons

All businesses have there challenges, but we are committed to listen to our people and customers and bring change where needed.

Advice to Management

Let’s put our people first...whom in-turn will deliver quality and disruptive innovation to our clients, delighting all our constituents

"Great people, poor management"

I have been working at Omnitracs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-The employees work well with one another within their teams (although interdepartmental cooperation needs improvement)
    -Great location

Cons

-Talent is squandered within the organization. Little to no mobility (upward or otherwise).
    -Depending on role, there is poor work/personal life balance
    -Company vision has struggled under previous CEO. New CEO hopes to bring innovation and drastic improvements

Advice to Management

Utilize the talent within the organization and promote career development for the employees.

3. "New Executive Leadership is bringing exciting changes!!"

Current Employee - Difference Maker in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Difference Maker in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Omnitracs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Omnitracs is an ever changing exciting place to work that keeps you on your toes. If you a looking for a boring day to day gig this won't be the place for you! The new CEO has made it very clear that an employee first "Southwest" style environment is very important to him.
    Benefits are on par with market and even better in many situations. They give you a very healthy seed in your HSA every year to offset the HDP.
    HR is moving in a good direction and offers you career counseling sessions to help you have a defined career path, there are a lot of internal moves that make people happy! Very much looking forward to the new CHRO, and all that she brings. Very exciting times at OT right now!

Cons

Moves take time and aren't happening as fast as people would like them to, but promises are being delivered on!

Advice to Management

Keep up the changes, remember employees are who get you to where you want to go!

4. "Fabulous place to work!"

I have been working at Omnitracs full-time

Pros

- great office environment
     - hands on and engaged executive leadership team
     - friendly people who are about our customers and one another
     - benefits!

Cons

I have nothing to share as to a con.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue to visit our different sites!

5. "Way to go Ray!"

I have been working at Omnitracs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work! Modern office environment. A place where you can truly be yourself and focus on success. The new CEO has really made a positive impact in such a short period of time. I am excited to be a member of Team Omnitracs !

Cons

No cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Weak or bad leadership will now be exposed. The days of blaming the front line employee have finally come to an end. Our new C Suite ROCKS!

6. "Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Omnitracs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is opportunity to learn, grow, and succeed in this organization. I believe the new C-Suite team will challenge us all to make changes that will bring a positive outlook for our employees. Exciting times!!

Cons

None to report at this time.

Advice to Management

People are our greatest asset!

"Innovation to Nowhere"

I have been working at Omnitracs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

After working here over 3 years, I don't see any pros anymore. This company is feeling like a sinking ship, we have lost so many experienced and talented people. The brain drain will be harmful to our future success because Omnitracs cares only about profit and not it's people. Back-filling positions with inexperienced, underpaid, overworked college grads or H-1B isn't the answer. This company isn't going in the right direction with or without our new CEO.

Yes, we have a new leadership team, but we all know Vista has a stranglehold over the strategic direction of this company. You guys really think Ray's bold long-term plans for the company are going to happen? I doubt it.

Cons

-If you work in the field or not in the Dallas HQ, prepare to feel out of the loop and neglected. The Dallas office will forget you exist and just want you to pump out revenue.

-Wages are below market rates, often up to 20-30% below. This is why we have issues hiring experienced mid-career talent and why we have a glut of 20-somethings in entry-level+1 roles. Good luck trying to negotiate your salary if hired...you'll be insultingly low-balled. Benefits are also lackluster with a terrible HDHP plan that the company puts less and less money into every year.

-We constantly over-promise and under-deliver on new products. There is a near-obsession with bringing out new products as fast as possible to look "innovative" to the market, although our QA process is a joke so they are bug-riddled, over-priced, and never fully work angering our customers. On top of that, we neglect our core products and can't maintain or improve what we already have out there.

-Supervisors and managers are so overworked, there is little daily employee accountability. I've had co-workers be incredibly incompetent, lazy, or make job-ending mistakes...but their managers never know.

-Because we have a lot of 20-something entry-level hires, some departments can feel like a frathouse. For example, it is an open secret in the sales team in the Dallas office if you aren't a straight white bro, you won't last long...and that HR enables the behavior because the bad managers in question bring in a lot of business. I know for a fact that valid discrimination complaints are not taken seriously by HR in this company and swept under the rug. I think this causes some sales staff to be downright rude and toxic to other teams in the company because they feel "untouchable".

Advice to Management

I have never seen a more disengaged HR team in my professional life. So unhelpful and aloof. You seek them out with questions or concerns? You'll get a few stock answers:

1) Not our department's problem, go ask someone else (but we won't tell you who)
    2) Vista's fault (they won't give us the resources to fix it, no matter the severity)
    3) Go look it up yourself in our intranet (but you'll have to go on a scavenger hunt to find it because the site is a disorganized mess )
    4) We're too busy so let's set up a meeting in a few weeks so hopefully you'll forgot about your problem but even if you do, we'll cancel the meeting anyway
    5) Stop whining, at least you don't work at Vista company (insert here) where things are a lot worse!

Also, HR team...don't put up obvious fake Glassdoor reviews where you do nothing but praise Ray and put out talking points and platitudes. Don't think we didn't notice.

"Chaos in the Workplace"

I worked at Omnitracs full-time

Pros

Open ended culture, very friendly people. For what it was worth, was fun to come into work. Plenty of amenities, no cubes, everyone has an open air desk that allows you to get to know people in your division.

Cons

Poor pay, management often times doesn't have clear direction, benefits are ok but could be better, hours were unfavorable, managers were very inflexible with planning, or were out of touch with the team as a whole.

Advice to Management

Do due diligence about who you hire for management staff.

"Mostly bad leadership"

I worked at Omnitracs full-time

Pros

Learned a lot from a few (mostly former) employees. Mostly good technology in place to help me do my job.

Cons

Bad relationship between Sales and Marketing. Little strategic direction from Sales and Marketing leadership. Operations teams in different offices didn't communicate well. Insecure and closed-minded Marketing leadership, especially in Business Development. Same insecure leaders pick and choose favorites - not based on work/performance reasons. Some leaders don't care about or take time to understand the full product line.

Advice to Management

Hold people accountable for their actions. Listen to your employees. Trim the fat. Stop letting the wrong people lead. Reign in the power hungry individuals who are in charge of people starting their careers.

"Take the paycheck but keep looking"

I have been working at Omnitracs full-time

Pros

They pay for the Dart pass

Cons

Everything else about the company